Need an icebreaker for your July 4th cookout? Wow, your friends when you answer these July 4th trivia questions.
- How many people signed the Declaration of Independence?
- Who was the first person to sign the Declaration of Independence?
- What day did America gain its independence from Great Britain?
- What day did Congress adopt the Declaration of Independence?
- How many people lived in America on July 4, 1776?
- Independence Day was first celebrated in what city?
- What year did Congress declare July 4th a national holiday?
- Who was the oldest person to sign the Declaration of Independence?
- What are the first words of the Declaration of Independence?
- What U.S. president was born on July 4th?
- What U.S. president or presidents died on July 4th?
Answers listed below
Bonus trivia information:
The names of the signers of the Declaration of Independence were withheld from the public for more than six months to protect the signers. If independence had not been achieved, Great Britain could have convicted the signers for treason which would have resulted in their deaths.
- 56 signed the Declaration of Independence
- John Hancock
- July 2, 1776
- July 4, 1776
- 2.5 million
- Benjamin Franklin
- When in the course of human events …
- Calvin Coolidge
- Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and James Monroe — Jefferson and Adams both died in 1826 and Monroe died in 1831