Archive | Tech TipsRSS feed for this section
Recently, the Federal Trade Commission warned consumers about scammers disguised as government officials to obtain money. They will text, call, email, or even send you mail stating that you have won the lottery or have debt that needs to be paid immediately.
With the amount of scam scares in the world today, you’ve figured out what to look out for online. But what if your senses fail you and you fall for a scam?
By Guest Blogger on August 8, 2018 in How-To’s, Network Upgrades, News, Products, TDS Fiber, Tech Tips
While TDS Fiber provides one of the fastest home internet connections available, here are some ways to ensure you’re maximizing the potential of your internet speed. Get three tips.
Stores across the country are starting to roll out their back-to-school inventories, signaling the end of summer is near. If you or someone you know is getting ready to head off to college, here are some gadgets you may want to add to your shopping list:
You have probably heard the term Virtual Private Network—or VPN. But what exactly is a VPN? And is it something you need for your home? We'll help you understand whether a VPN can help you and if it’s something you should consider using.
The days are getting longer and warmer, which means your nearest lake or river is also heating up. This summer, as you set off on whatever adventure is calling you onto the water, make sure that you are prepared to get wet, while keeping your electronics dry.
Has one of your Facebook friends or family members ever sent you a private message requesting money or your social security member? If you’ve gotten one, well, chances are, he/she is likely not really your friend or relative.
Summer is here and it's time to hit the beach, the trails, and the patio. To help you enjoy the outdoors, we've put together a list of some fun tech gadgets that you might want to consider. Whether you want to go out into the wilderness or out to the backyard, there's a gadget or gizmo that fits your need or personality.
Every day I speak with TDS customers from around the country who have questions about how their Internet service works. Our mission today, should you choose to join me, is to explain some common misconceptions regarding wireless technology and arm you with some of the tools you can use to combat them.
Connected cars have a crazy amount of users’ data, like what’s transferred over Bluetooth from your phone, location, and more, and hackers are taking notice. Take these steps to protect your connected car's data.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- TDS offers HBO and Cinemax Free Preview Sept. 23-27 September 22, 2021
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: George Clinton September 21, 2021
- 10-Digit dialing required in many areas starting October 24 September 17, 2021
- Fall colors near TDS communities September 15, 2021
- California service outage updates September 14, 2021
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: Kelly, if you've already rebooted and you're sti...
- Missy Kellor: Barb, I forwarded what you shared on to our techni...
- Missy Kellor: I agree. This looks very phishy!...
- Barb: Free preview is not available even when the set to...
- Kelly McBride: I keep getting "decoding error."...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums cheap music cheap tunes christmas crafts Facebook fcc f secure good $5 albums good cheap music Google holiday home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards March Madness online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety savvy spending security seen on pinterest Showtime Sun outages TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news tech news highlights Thanksgiving travel tv testers twitter volunteer