Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
There's a new twist on the Social Security Administration (SSA) scam. Listen to a SSA imposter robocall, which says your benefits will end. (That’s not true, by the way.)
You’ve heard over, and over (and over) how you should do your best to protect your privacy and what you share online. Even if you’re thinking, “I’m not really a private person, so I don’t care what’s out there” —you really should. The more information that’s publicly available, the easier it is to create a good scam.
If someone tells you you're using a password that's been exposed in a data breach you wouldn't use it, right? WRONG. Find out what the research says and get 4 tips for changing your bad password habits.
You’ve heard of pop-up shops and also probably pop-up restaurants. Now you need to watch out for pop-up scams. Find out how they work, what you need to watch out for, and how to steer clear of these annoying and pervasive scams.
The viral app, most recently part of a celebrity #FaceAppChallenge, allows users to upload photos to see how they might look when they’re old, if they were a different gender, etc. Although it has been around for a few years, the app is the subject of renewed privacy concerns. What do we really know about FaceApp and should you be worried? Get the scoop.
You can buy practically anything online (seriously, what CAN’T you buy online?), but when purchasing a big-ticket item like a used car, you need to be extra careful. The FTC is reporting that scammers are taking customers for a ride by “selling” vehicles they don’t have or don’t own.
Odds are good you’ve gotten the calls that seem to be from the Social Security Administration—or the IRS, or Medicare, or any number of other official agencies. Except, as soon as the caller threatens you or demands that you pay them with a gift card or by wiring money, you should know it’s a scam.Last year, in fact, the FTC warned us all about the rise in government scams. Now they have new data—and a new way to see the data—to prove it.
When you receive a phone call from a number you don’t know, and the call stops after just one ring, don’t call back.The Federal Communications Commission is noting that this scam is “ back with a vengeance.” Find out what you need to know.
The latest entertainment scams are just like Trojan Horses—you invite them into your home thinking they’re something awesome, but they actually mean you harm. Scammers are selling devices and downloadable apps promising that you’ll “never pay for a movie or TV show again.” In reality, what you’re likely to get is free content with a side of theft and fraud.
The FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center recently released some rather jaw-dropping statistics about the current state of cybercrime. Find out what internet crimes yield the most number of victims and the most dollars.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Eddie Money September 17, 2019
- FTC: Social Security is not trying to take your benefits September 16, 2019
- How to search and find your digital footprint September 12, 2019
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Ariana Grande September 10, 2019
- Summer blockbusters arriving on TDS TV On Demand September 9, 2019
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: Hi Brenda. Customers can add the Sports Tier (with...
- Brenda Milburn: So what do you have to do to sign up for the NFL p...
- Missy Kellor: Hmmmm. Have you spoken with one of our repair tech...
- Missy Kellor: Hi! No, we don't have app for viewing TV Everywhe...
- Philip Daley: I am having a problem with the email refusing to l...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead