Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
We’re getting increased reports of phishing emails to customers claiming to be from TDS but are actually from @cableone email addresses in many cases. These phishing attempts, which urge you to click on web links and/or open a Google form, are NOT from TDS. See a screenshot and learn what you should (and shouldn't) do.
You may be excited about receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, but you need to be thoughtful about how you share the news. Experts are chiming in to warn you to NOT post a photo of/with your vaccination card. Why? You could be inviting identity theft. Learn how it might happen.
2020 was a tough year. Between the pandemic and the economic crisis, we all had our hands full. And scammers didn’t take any time off either—people lost nearly $3.3 billion in fraud schemes. Find out what the top three scams were last year.
With today’s technology, keeping your private information safe can be quite a challenge. No matter what you do online, whether… more...
It’s often said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but the FTCS is not flattered at all by… more...
As the holiday shopping season reaches its peak, scammers are crafting schemes and counting on your distraction to trick you.… more...
Scammers don't just scam one person. By sharing your story, you can help make a difference!
Many of us are spending more time on social media during the pandemic—and scammers are too. They're hiding out on your favorite platforms, using ads and offers to market their scams, according to people’s reports to the FTC and a new Data Spotlight. Get the details on hot scams and how to stay safe.
Everyone tries to follow online safety best-practices, but let's face it, sometimes we simply get it wrong. It's not that we intend to take risks, it's just that we either forgot or don't know the right thing to do. With help from Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Agency advice we have gathered a list of five common security mistakes how to fix them, along with a few bonus tips:
With more people working at home and shopping online, the number of cyberattacks has increased significantly since the onset of the pandemic. Learn what you need to watch out for, and what you can do to stay safe.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- FTC: Watch out for romance scams May 14, 2021
- TDS’ own search and rescue heroes May 13, 2021
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Velvet Revolver May 11, 2021
- Two free previews in May and June May 7, 2021
- Mother’s Day 2021: 15 gifts to make mom’s day May 6, 2021
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: Glen, I'd consult the user guide (available here:...
- Missy Kellor: Thanks for the comment, Mary. I did forward your c...
- Frances Henry: Thanks. This was very helpful....
- Glen johnson: How do I turn off parental control when it asks fo...
- Mary pearce: I do not want to lose these channels in negotiatio...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Dancing with the Stars Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving The Flash travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead