Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
From doorbells, lights, and thermostats, to refrigerators, stoves, and garage door openers, having internet-connected devices can offer loads of convenience—but they can also pose real security risks. Get seven tips to help keep your home network more secure.
In 1987, comedian Mel Brooks made fun of the password 12345 (and those who use it) in one of his movies—but here’s the not-so-funny punchline: that same bad password is the third most-common one in use THIS YEAR. Find out what the other 19 are (and stop using them!).
Has Amazon contacted you to confirm a recent purchase you didn’t make or to tell you that your account has been hacked? The FTC shares this is a common scam and gives you ways to stay safe.
Scammers are trying to capitalize on the FCC’s Emergency Broadband Benefit Program by setting up illegitimate websites that ask for payments in return for devices and services. The FCC has issued a consumer advisory.
When you receive email that doesn’t seem quite legit, you’ve been warned not to click on links or open unknown email attachments. Now there’s something new you need to be on the lookout for. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is warning consumers about phishy QR codes.
We talk to you fairly often about phishing scams. That's because, unfortunately, scammers use our name in emails to try and trick you into revealing personal information. Today, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) revealed the commissioner's name is also being used in a phishing campaign. Learn more about what's happening.
Today, June 8, Amazon is rolling out its new Sidewalk Wi-Fi sharing feature on all capable devices such as Echoes and Ring cameras and lights (note: eero devices are not). There are definitely things you should be aware of now that it's going live.
Have you gotten a recorded phone message from “Susie” with the “Vehicle Service Department” calling about your vehicle warranty? That’s, like, so retro. But fanny packs, scrunchies, and tie dye are back—and so are vehicle warranty robocalls. The FTC offers advice for dealing with these annoying calls.
We’re getting increased reports of phishing emails to customers claiming to be from TDS but are actually from @cableone email addresses in many cases. These phishing attempts, which urge you to click on web links and/or open a Google form, are NOT from TDS. See a screenshot and learn what you should (and shouldn't) do.
You may be excited about receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, but you need to be thoughtful about how you share the news. Experts are chiming in to warn you to NOT post a photo of/with your vaccination card. Why? You could be inviting identity theft. Learn how it might happen.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Rita Ora January 25, 2022
- Ultimate winter reading guide January 20, 2022
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Aerosmith, Toys In The Attic January 18, 2022
- FTC: New crypto payment scam alert January 13, 2022
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Mighty Mighty Bosstones January 11, 2022
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- austinkrueger: Thanks Erik! As many times as I've heard 'Epic'...
- Erik Riedasch: What an album this was for me and how I've forgot...
- Missy Kellor: Gail, I would encourage you to give our repair tea...
- Gail Davis: There is no sound from this channel. My TV volume ...
- Cindy Schrupp: Thank you TDS This is great...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums cheap music cheap tunes christmas crafts Facebook fcc f secure good $5 albums good cheap music Google holiday home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards March Madness online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety savvy spending security seen on pinterest Showtime Sun outages TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news tech news highlights Thanksgiving travel tv testers twitter volunteer