Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
We know there’s been a flood of information and updates about the government’s economic impact payments, or so-called stimulus checks, lately. Here’s what you need to know about the stimulus payments and how to avoid scams related to them.
It seems very counterintuitive to suggest you shouldn’t share on social media—after all, that’s why it even exists. But in some cases, sharing too much can increase your risk of being hacked or having your identity stolen. This is definitely the case with two popular Facebook trends.
Lots of us are working at home when we’ve never done it before. Beyond contending with pets and kids as coworkers, you also need to be mindful of the security of your home network. Get six tips to make sure your work-at-home life stays safe and secure.
You’ve probably heard the news by now—the government is sending out relief checks as part of the federal response to the coronavirus. Scammers heard the same thing, and they’re hoping to cash in on yours. The FTC shares a few things about how this will—and will not—work so you can spot the scams.
UPDATED! The best way to avoid a scam is to know the red flags. This means it’s never too soon to get immunized against the current strain of malicious tricks. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Word Health Organization (WHO), the Better Business Bureau (and more) are spreading the word.
National Consumer Protection Week (NCPW) is coming from March 1-7. It's a great time to refresh your memory on the best ways to avoid scams, identity theft, and get informed about consumer protection issues. Find out some easy ways to get quick tips.
Spoiler alert: consumers got scammed a LOT in 2019 and lost a ton of money in the process. Every year, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) maintains a database of fraud activity from state and federal law enforcement, private partners, and consumers like you. Get seven key takeaways from last year's data.
‘Tis the season when the tidings come in envelopes stamped “Important Tax Return Document Enclosed.” Yes, it’s tax filing season, and the season’s Grinches are the tax identity thieves and government imposters who are hoping to steal your money. Find out what you need to watch out for and how to steer clear of these scams.
The still-popular social network just rolled out a new privacy tool for users called “Off-Facebook Activity.” The boring name undersells what it does—it gives insight into all the ways Facebook is stalking you even when you’re elsewhere on the internet. Find out how to find this new control feature and what you can do.
Data Privacy Day, led by the National Cyber Security Alliance, is an international effort to create annual awareness about the importance of safeguarding your personal data. They offer some great and easy tips to help you "Own Your Privacy."
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Finding a furry friend in the era of COVID-19 May 20, 2020
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Brothers Osbourne May 19, 2020
- Four-day HBO & Cinemax FREE preview weekend! May 14, 2020
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: The Verve Pipe May 12, 2020
- Distance yourself from eye strain May 11, 2020
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: Dan, you can go paperless but NOT set up automatic...
- Missy Kellor: Hi Ann, here are some instructions that should hel...
- Missy Kellor: You have to have ePay to have paperless billing—...
- Rodney Robida: I want to go paperless billings but i don't want ...
- Ann Fey: I want to sign up for paperless billing, do not wa...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead