Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
Scammers don't just scam one person. By sharing your story, you can help make a difference!
Many of us are spending more time on social media during the pandemic—and scammers are too. They're hiding out on your favorite platforms, using ads and offers to market their scams, according to people’s reports to the FTC and a new Data Spotlight. Get the details on hot scams and how to stay safe.
Everyone tries to follow online safety best-practices, but let's face it, sometimes we simply get it wrong. It's not that we intend to take risks, it's just that we either forgot or don't know the right thing to do. With help from Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Agency advice we have gathered a list of five common security mistakes how to fix them, along with a few bonus tips:
With more people working at home and shopping online, the number of cyberattacks has increased significantly since the onset of the pandemic. Learn what you need to watch out for, and what you can do to stay safe.
No matter what kind of disaster you've been impacted by, the aftermath is never easy. But when scammers target people just trying to recover, it can be even worse. The FTC offers their tips to help you avoid common post-disaster scams.
Attention small business owners! The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency is currently tracking and monitoring a situation involving an unknown malicious cyber actor who is imitating the COVID-19 relief webpage of the Small Business Administration through phishing emails.
Because of business shutdowns and social distancing, people have been spending cash at stores or restaurants at record low levels. Now, some businesses are running low on coins and not offering change. Here are some tips to avoid losing money next time you go out shopping.
Last week, some high-profile people had their Twitter accounts hacked by scammers who sent out fake tweets asking followers to send money using Bitcoin. This incident has pushed cryptocurrency back into the spotlight and, to avoid scams, you would be wise to understand why.
Contact tracers, the folks who work for state health departments to try to track anyone who may have been exposed to COVID-19, are an important part of our road to recovery. But some scammers are pretending to be contact tracers so they can profit off of the current confusion. Find out what you need to watch out for.
With unemployment rates soaring and the coronavirus circulating everywhere, there’s a renewed interest in work-at-home opportunities. Scammers know this and are trying to cash in on what they see as a golden opportunity—potentially desperate people, possibly facing financial difficulties, who might just fall for their cons. Find out the do's and don'ts so you won't fall for these scams.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Barenaked For the Holidays December 1, 2020
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Lee Brice November 24, 2020
- Why report fraud? November 23, 2020
- Helping make Thanksgiving brighter November 21, 2020
- TV channel blackouts are happening more and more November 20, 2020
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: Fred, there is an app for TDS TV+ and TDS TV you c...
- How to find your digital footprint. – COMM2400 – Social Media Tools and Strategies: […] is (which is basically everywhere), but ...
- Fred Klancnik: All I want to do is to have access to my guide cha...
- Austin: I never saw them live, sadly. Hopefully more peopl...
- Dan: I saw this band onstage at the Bonnaroo festival w...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving The Flash travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead