Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
UPDATED! The best way to avoid a scam is to know the red flags. This means it’s never too soon to get immunized against the current strain of malicious tricks. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Word Health Organization (WHO), the Better Business Bureau (and more) are spreading the word.
National Consumer Protection Week (NCPW) is coming from March 1-7. It's a great time to refresh your memory on the best ways to avoid scams, identity theft, and get informed about consumer protection issues. Find out some easy ways to get quick tips.
Spoiler alert: consumers got scammed a LOT in 2019 and lost a ton of money in the process. Every year, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) maintains a database of fraud activity from state and federal law enforcement, private partners, and consumers like you. Get seven key takeaways from last year's data.
‘Tis the season when the tidings come in envelopes stamped “Important Tax Return Document Enclosed.” Yes, it’s tax filing season, and the season’s Grinches are the tax identity thieves and government imposters who are hoping to steal your money. Find out what you need to watch out for and how to steer clear of these scams.
The still-popular social network just rolled out a new privacy tool for users called “Off-Facebook Activity.” The boring name undersells what it does—it gives insight into all the ways Facebook is stalking you even when you’re elsewhere on the internet. Find out how to find this new control feature and what you can do.
Data Privacy Day, led by the National Cyber Security Alliance, is an international effort to create annual awareness about the importance of safeguarding your personal data. They offer some great and easy tips to help you "Own Your Privacy."
Social media and news outlets have been warning against using the abbreviated version of the year 2020 when signing financial and legal papers. The concern is that, by not using the full four-digit year in 2020, you could increase your chances for fraud. Get the real story from experts.
The new year is the perfect time to start fresh with some technology updates. And don’t worry about it costing lots of money—in most cases you don’t need to spend a dime to gain features and, more importantly, to increase your online safety.
Gift cards are one quick way to get through your last-minute holiday shopping list. But before you give (and get) gift cards, here are a few things you need to know.
With the lure of convenience, smart-home devices are more popular than ever—and now they’re popular with hackers too. The security of a network is only as strong as the weakest link and often connected devices such as stoves, refrigerators, doorbells, and thermostats are those weak points. Get tips to stay safe.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Eleven online resources to stay active at home March 27, 2020
- Tons of FREE previews on TDS TV! March 27, 2020
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Kenny Rogers March 24, 2020
- Stoughton, Wis.: choice is coming! March 23, 2020
- Ways to balance work and parenting young kids at home March 23, 2020
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: Tracey, you'd have to reach out to Comcast for th...
- Tracey Johnson: It was free for Comcast a few days ago now it's n...
- Missy Kellor: Judith, if you're a TDS TV customer, you don't h...
- Judith Sherwood: How can I sign up for Free Showtime until April 19...
- Missy Kellor: Thank you, Maggie—and thank you for being a TDS ...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead