About Guest BloggerGuest blogger for TDS Home.
It’s almost Valentine’s Day. Lots of us have profiles on online dating sites, apps or social media to find “the one.” But that interesting person who just messaged you could be a sweet-talking romance scammer trying to trick you into sending money.
‘Tis the season when the tidings come in envelopes stamped “Important Tax Return Document Enclosed.” Yes, it’s tax filing season, and the season’s Grinches are the tax identity thieves and government imposters who are hoping to steal your money. Find out what you need to watch out for and how to steer clear of these scams.
Data Privacy Day, led by the National Cyber Security Alliance, is an international effort to create annual awareness about the importance of safeguarding your personal data. They offer some great and easy tips to help you "Own Your Privacy."
Social media and news outlets have been warning against using the abbreviated version of the year 2020 when signing financial and legal papers. The concern is that, by not using the full four-digit year in 2020, you could increase your chances for fraud. Get the real story from experts.
The Federal Trade Commission is partnering with the U.S. Census Bureau to help you guard against potential census scams. Knowing how the 2020 Census process works, what information you will — and won’t — be asked for, and some red flags will help you spot and report scams.
The NFL playoff field is officially set, and after Wild Card Weekend, there will only be eight teams left vying for the right to call themselves Super Bowl champions. Here's a preview of this weekend’s contests and where you can go to watch the games using your TDS login credentials.
The Federal Communication Commission (FCC) unanimously approved a proposal to change the National Suicide Prevention Hotline from a 10-digit 800 number (1-800-273-8255) to a three-digit number 9-8-8. The proposal could be implemented in 18 months. Learn more.
Gift cards are one quick way to get through your last-minute holiday shopping list. But before you give (and get) gift cards, here are a few things you need to know.
More than 1.5 million hits, 20,000 likes, 1,500 comments and dozens of TV news stories airing coast-to-coast—Eric Lever, TDS field service technician in Ludlow, Vermont, is a bit of a media star. A post on Facebook about how Eric and the fire department where he volunteers saved Thanksgiving for a family has gone viral for good reason.
Following the straight-line winds that came through West Tennessee over the weekend, TDS Telecom customers in parts of Parsons, Decaturville, and Scotts Hill were impacted but now services have been fully restored. Read the latest, and final, update.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Black History Month 2020: African Americans and the Vote February 13, 2020
- FTC: True love doesn’t ask for money February 12, 2020
- Travel Tuesday: Best Madison, Wis. Staycations February 11, 2020
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Traveling Wilburys February 11, 2020
- 2020 Oscar predictions! February 6, 2020
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Dolores Smudde: Beware also of callers saying that you have a char...
- Missy Kellor: Jefferson isn't currently on our fiber road map, ...
- eric retzlaff: Do u have any plans on co.ing to the Jefferson are...
- Dennus Fitzsimmons: Date it this way: 29jan2020...
- Missy Kellor: Susan, if your DVR and set-top boxes aren't worki...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead