Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
We talk to you fairly often about phishing scams. That's because, unfortunately, scammers use our name in emails to try and trick you into revealing personal information. Today, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) revealed the commissioner's name is also being used in a phishing campaign. Learn more about what's happening.
Today, June 8, Amazon is rolling out its new Sidewalk Wi-Fi sharing feature on all capable devices such as Echoes and Ring cameras and lights (note: eero devices are not). There are definitely things you should be aware of now that it's going live.
Have you gotten a recorded phone message from “Susie” with the “Vehicle Service Department” calling about your vehicle warranty? That’s, like, so retro. But fanny packs, scrunchies, and tie dye are back—and so are vehicle warranty robocalls. The FTC offers advice for dealing with these annoying calls.
We’re getting increased reports of phishing emails to customers claiming to be from TDS but are actually from @cableone email addresses in many cases. These phishing attempts, which urge you to click on web links and/or open a Google form, are NOT from TDS. See a screenshot and learn what you should (and shouldn't) do.
You may be excited about receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, but you need to be thoughtful about how you share the news. Experts are chiming in to warn you to NOT post a photo of/with your vaccination card. Why? You could be inviting identity theft. Learn how it might happen.
2020 was a tough year. Between the pandemic and the economic crisis, we all had our hands full. And scammers didn’t take any time off either—people lost nearly $3.3 billion in fraud schemes. Find out what the top three scams were last year.
With today’s technology, keeping your private information safe can be quite a challenge. No matter what you do online, whether… more...
It’s often said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but the FTCS is not flattered at all by… more...
As the holiday shopping season reaches its peak, scammers are crafting schemes and counting on your distraction to trick you.… more...
Scammers don't just scam one person. By sharing your story, you can help make a difference!
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Get 3 months of SHOWTIME and THE MOVIE CHANNEL for only $0.99! August 15, 2022
- GAC and RIDE TV rebranding August 10, 2022
- Never too early to talk to your children about online safety August 10, 2022
- Streaming Tunes Tuesday: Silversun Pickups August 9, 2022
- Outside TV being discontinued by programmer August 2, 2022
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: Hmmmm. Becky, I would reach out to our tech folks ...
- Becky Stephens: I followed the directions to record a program and ...
- austinkrueger: Good call! I'll have to check that out as well!...
- Mike Rogers: Thanks Austin, you reminded me I needed to buy thi...
- Pamela Harrellson: Thankyou...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums cheap music cheap tunes christmas crafts dvr Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google holiday home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS community giving TDS Fiber TDS giving TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news tech news highlights Thanksgiving travel twitter volunteer