Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
If you, or someone in your family, enjoy the super-popular online games be warned: there are real-life security risks at play in online gaming. There have been hacks involving Fortnite, Town of Salem, and Fallout 76. Epic Games offers some easy steps gamers can take to keep their information private.
Did your child find a smart toy under the Christmas tree this year? If so, you might want to consider a few cyber security factors before your child plays with their new toy.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is warning of a new variation on government imposter scam—this time claiming your Social Security Number has been suspended. A caller claims to be protecting you from a scam, all the while actually trying to lure you into one.
With online holiday shopping in full swing, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) is warning consumers about the potential for more scam activity. The latest con technique is to impersonate the two-factor authentication many companies use to keep accounts more secure.
To get people to comply with their scam, social engineers hack people. They use tactics such as creating a sense of urgency, minimizing rules/consequences, building rapport, playing on the victim's sympathy, and impersonating an authority figure or other trusted person. Find out what you can do to become a human firewall and protect against this kind of trickery.
Especially when you’re busy and doing a lot online (holiday shopping, for example), the temptation is strong to take a shortcut and use the same password twice…or three times…or more. But don’t do it. A few seconds of time savings in the moment could ultimately cost you a lot more.
If you’re someone who prefers to avoid the crowds by purchasing your holiday gifts online, be sure to keep an eye out for potential scams. According to the Better Business Bureau (BBB), scammers are now using advertisements on social media sites, like Facebook and Instagram, to fool shoppers.
This month marks the 15th year of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM)—an annual initiative designed to raise awareness about the… more...
The flurry of recent activity about friend requests is due to a hoax, but that doesn’t mean your account can’t get hacked. Find out what fake information has been circulating and what to do if your account actually has been compromised.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) reminds us that it can be a dog-eat-dog world in cyber space. The BBB reports that 80 percent of pet advertisements have the potential of being fraud—which means you’re more likely to be scammed than successful in your dog search! Find out what to look for and how to protect yourself.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- TDS employees select charities for donations in the company’s golden year May 20, 2019
- TDS bringing 1Gig broadband to Idaho May 16, 2019
- Making a network ready May 14, 2019
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Chris Stapleton May 14, 2019
- FCC: Get a one-ring call? Don’t call back May 13, 2019
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: Hi Sarah, it will hold up to 400 hours (depending...
- Sarah Schiltz: How many hours of recording does my DVR hold?...
- Missy Kellor: Hi Beth! I did some experimenting with my own ...
- Beth Hellenbrand: I have lost the checkbox to the left of flag icon ...
- Kris Prusynski: Or at least our sinuses!...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead