Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
Scoring a good deal is enough to make anyone happy—and scammers know it. They have been putting up ads on social media that promise deep discounts on name brand goods. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) says this is definitely a case where a sale is too good to be true.
Red alert! The Federal Trade Commission AND Better Business Bureau are both warning consumers about tax scams. Now that everyone has their tax documents in hand and are ready to file, scammers are working overtime in an effort to steal Social Security numbers.
We talk a lot about phishing scams on this blog and for good reason: these scams are on the rise and getting more sophisticated. There's a new quiz from Google's Jigsaw company designed to test your scam-spotting know-how. Do you measure up? Take it and find out.
If you, or someone in your family, enjoy the super-popular online games be warned: there are real-life security risks at play in online gaming. There have been hacks involving Fortnite, Town of Salem, and Fallout 76. Epic Games offers some easy steps gamers can take to keep their information private.
Did your child find a smart toy under the Christmas tree this year? If so, you might want to consider a few cyber security factors before your child plays with their new toy.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is warning of a new variation on government imposter scam—this time claiming your Social Security Number has been suspended. A caller claims to be protecting you from a scam, all the while actually trying to lure you into one.
With online holiday shopping in full swing, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) is warning consumers about the potential for more scam activity. The latest con technique is to impersonate the two-factor authentication many companies use to keep accounts more secure.
To get people to comply with their scam, social engineers hack people. They use tactics such as creating a sense of urgency, minimizing rules/consequences, building rapport, playing on the victim's sympathy, and impersonating an authority figure or other trusted person. Find out what you can do to become a human firewall and protect against this kind of trickery.
Especially when you’re busy and doing a lot online (holiday shopping, for example), the temptation is strong to take a shortcut and use the same password twice…or three times…or more. But don’t do it. A few seconds of time savings in the moment could ultimately cost you a lot more.
If you’re someone who prefers to avoid the crowds by purchasing your holiday gifts online, be sure to keep an eye out for potential scams. According to the Better Business Bureau (BBB), scammers are now using advertisements on social media sites, like Facebook and Instagram, to fool shoppers.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Should you delete FaceApp? July 19, 2019
- Your TDS bill is getting fresh look! July 18, 2019
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Goo Goo Dolls July 16, 2019
- Put the brakes on car scams July 15, 2019
- TDS Fiber questions and answers July 11, 2019
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: Me too!! And don't miss the new one they're show...
- Betty Brooks: I personally love the older Christmas movies. Back...
- Missy Kellor: Emily, if you give our reps a call they can talk y...
- Emly Gohnson: what gig /mb do I need to run security and camera ...
- Missy Kellor: That does sound confusing! Be sure to give Assuran...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead