Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
Because of business shutdowns and social distancing, people have been spending cash at stores or restaurants at record low levels. Now, some businesses are running low on coins and not offering change. Here are some tips to avoid losing money next time you go out shopping.
Last week, some high-profile people had their Twitter accounts hacked by scammers who sent out fake tweets asking followers to send money using Bitcoin. This incident has pushed cryptocurrency back into the spotlight and, to avoid scams, you would be wise to understand why.
Contact tracers, the folks who work for state health departments to try to track anyone who may have been exposed to COVID-19, are an important part of our road to recovery. But some scammers are pretending to be contact tracers so they can profit off of the current confusion. Find out what you need to watch out for.
With unemployment rates soaring and the coronavirus circulating everywhere, there’s a renewed interest in work-at-home opportunities. Scammers know this and are trying to cash in on what they see as a golden opportunity—potentially desperate people, possibly facing financial difficulties, who might just fall for their cons. Find out the do's and don'ts so you won't fall for these scams.
Many of us are paying close attention to the guidance from federal, state, and local governments during this COVID-19 health emergency. Unfortunately, scammers are also paying attention. Some are even pretending to be affiliated with the government—just to scam you out of money. The FTC gives you three ways you can help protect yourself and others from these scammers.
College students may no longer be on campuses right now, but that doesn't mean they've been able to move away from scams. Get the scoop on the latest COVID-19 scam that's targeting the younger generation.
We know there’s been a flood of information and updates about the government’s economic impact payments, or so-called stimulus checks, lately. Here’s what you need to know about the stimulus payments and how to avoid scams related to them.
It seems very counterintuitive to suggest you shouldn’t share on social media—after all, that’s why it even exists. But in some cases, sharing too much can increase your risk of being hacked or having your identity stolen. This is definitely the case with two popular Facebook trends.
Lots of us are working at home when we’ve never done it before. Beyond contending with pets and kids as coworkers, you also need to be mindful of the security of your home network. Get six tips to make sure your work-at-home life stays safe and secure.
You’ve probably heard the news by now—the government is sending out relief checks as part of the federal response to the coronavirus. Scammers heard the same thing, and they’re hoping to cash in on yours. The FTC shares a few things about how this will—and will not—work so you can spot the scams.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Winter weather emergency tips from the FTC February 24, 2021
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Bad Bunny February 23, 2021
- A field service tech’s simple act of kindness February 19, 2021
- Ice and snow impacts to TDS communities February 18, 2021
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Carrie Underwood February 16, 2021
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Allison presents “Yet Another Hallmark Christmas Movie” | Allison M.: […] that aired last weekend on NPR about Hal...
- Missy Kellor: Hi Elmer. Please reach out to our repair team and ...
- Elmer jackson: What has happened to my on screen caller I’d. It...
- Austin: Thanks for reading Matt! Appreciate the kind words...
- Austin: Thanks for reading! If you have suggestions for ot...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Dancing with the Stars Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving The Flash travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead