Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
Online, your passwords are your locks. The problem is, many people use weak ones. Don't think it's a big deal or think you've got it covered? Think again! Passwords matter, even if you don't do any online shopping—and especially when it comes to email. Find out why.
Updated! The Better Business Bureau and the FTC are warning consumers about a new kinds of tech support scams. Typically these kinds of cons involve a phony representative helping you “fix” a fake computer problem for a fee. Now scammers are trying new approaches. They may offer you a refund or let you come to them for a change.
Unlike the “you won the lottery” headlines that scammers send out with a generic message and hope someone takes the bait, personalized scams are different—which makes them harder to spot. Find out what sets a personalized scams apart and get tips for spotting them.
Billions of people worldwide were impacted by cyber attacks in 2018 (yes, BILLIONS). In fact, one report says 765 million became victims between April and June of last year alone. At this point it’s really not realistic to think it won’t happen to you. Chances are, it will—but that doesn’t mean you have to make it easy. Adding an extra layer of security to your accounts can help reverse those odds.
Scoring a good deal is enough to make anyone happy—and scammers know it. They have been putting up ads on social media that promise deep discounts on name brand goods. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) says this is definitely a case where a sale is too good to be true.
Red alert! The Federal Trade Commission AND Better Business Bureau are both warning consumers about tax scams. Now that everyone has their tax documents in hand and are ready to file, scammers are working overtime in an effort to steal Social Security numbers.
We talk a lot about phishing scams on this blog and for good reason: these scams are on the rise and getting more sophisticated. There's a new quiz from Google's Jigsaw company designed to test your scam-spotting know-how. Do you measure up? Take it and find out.
If you, or someone in your family, enjoy the super-popular online games be warned: there are real-life security risks at play in online gaming. There have been hacks involving Fortnite, Town of Salem, and Fallout 76. Epic Games offers some easy steps gamers can take to keep their information private.
Did your child find a smart toy under the Christmas tree this year? If so, you might want to consider a few cyber security factors before your child plays with their new toy.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is warning of a new variation on government imposter scam—this time claiming your Social Security Number has been suspended. A caller claims to be protecting you from a scam, all the while actually trying to lure you into one.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Eddie Money September 17, 2019
- FTC: Social Security is not trying to take your benefits September 16, 2019
- How to search and find your digital footprint September 12, 2019
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Ariana Grande September 10, 2019
- Summer blockbusters arriving on TDS TV On Demand September 9, 2019
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: Hi Brenda. Customers can add the Sports Tier (with...
- Brenda Milburn: So what do you have to do to sign up for the NFL p...
- Missy Kellor: Hmmmm. Have you spoken with one of our repair tech...
- Missy Kellor: Hi! No, we don't have app for viewing TV Everywhe...
- Philip Daley: I am having a problem with the email refusing to l...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead