Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
To get people to comply with their scam, social engineers hack people. They use tactics such as creating a sense of urgency, minimizing rules/consequences, building rapport, playing on the victim's sympathy, and impersonating an authority figure or other trusted person. Find out what you can do to become a human firewall and protect against this kind of trickery.
Especially when you’re busy and doing a lot online (holiday shopping, for example), the temptation is strong to take a shortcut and use the same password twice…or three times…or more. But don’t do it. A few seconds of time savings in the moment could ultimately cost you a lot more.
If you’re someone who prefers to avoid the crowds by purchasing your holiday gifts online, be sure to keep an eye out for potential scams. According to the Better Business Bureau (BBB), scammers are now using advertisements on social media sites, like Facebook and Instagram, to fool shoppers.
This month marks the 15th year of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM)—an annual initiative designed to raise awareness about the… more...
The flurry of recent activity about friend requests is due to a hoax, but that doesn’t mean your account can’t get hacked. Find out what fake information has been circulating and what to do if your account actually has been compromised.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) reminds us that it can be a dog-eat-dog world in cyber space. The BBB reports that 80 percent of pet advertisements have the potential of being fraud—which means you’re more likely to be scammed than successful in your dog search! Find out what to look for and how to protect yourself.
Recently, the Federal Trade Commission warned consumers about scammers disguised as government officials to obtain money. They will text, call, email, or even send you mail stating that you have won the lottery or have debt that needs to be paid immediately.
With the amount of scam scares in the world today, you’ve figured out what to look out for online. But what if your senses fail you and you fall for a scam?
Keep a watchful eye on your email inbox. Our internal security team has been noticing an uptick in malicious email campaigns sent to TDS employee inboxes—and a similar increase in their personal accounts as well. Get the scoop on the two scams popping up recently.
Data breaches aren’t going away—in fact, data indicates that they’re happening more often than ever before. Once your data is out there, then what happens? Your email or other accounts can get hacked using a technique called “credential stuffing.”
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- How to watch all of the March Madness on TDS TV March 18, 2019
- Celebrating Pi Day March 13, 2019
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Lenny Kravitz March 12, 2019
- Watch Oscar nominees + great family flicks March 11, 2019
- Why everyone should celebrate International Women’s Day March 8, 2019
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Nancy King: On March 15 at 2:15pm, I got a call from this numb...
- Austin: Indeed!! So many great facts about Steve Miller an...
- Erik Riedasch: Not only was Miller born in Milwaukee, he attended...
- Missy Kellor: Ooooh, bummer! Here's hoping it all turns out oka...
- Maggie Drafts: Thanks for the heads-up on ordering online!!!! (I ...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Dancing with the Stars Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving The Flash travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead