About TDS Security TeamThe latest news and advice from the TDS Security Team.
Everyone tries to follow online safety best-practices, but let's face it, sometimes we simply get it wrong. It's not that we intend to take risks, it's just that we either forgot or don't know the right thing to do. With help from Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Agency advice we have gathered a list of five common security mistakes how to fix them, along with a few bonus tips:
Last week, some high-profile people had their Twitter accounts hacked by scammers who sent out fake tweets asking followers to send money using Bitcoin. This incident has pushed cryptocurrency back into the spotlight and, to avoid scams, you would be wise to understand why.
With the lure of convenience, smart-home devices are more popular than ever—and now they’re popular with hackers too. The security of a network is only as strong as the weakest link and often connected devices such as stoves, refrigerators, doorbells, and thermostats are those weak points. Get tips to stay safe.
The viral app, most recently part of a celebrity #FaceAppChallenge, allows users to upload photos to see how they might look when they’re old, if they were a different gender, etc. Although it has been around for a few years, the app is the subject of renewed privacy concerns. What do we really know about FaceApp and should you be worried? Get the scoop.
The latest entertainment scams are just like Trojan Horses—you invite them into your home thinking they’re something awesome, but they actually mean you harm. Scammers are selling devices and downloadable apps promising that you’ll “never pay for a movie or TV show again.” In reality, what you’re likely to get is free content with a side of theft and fraud.
The FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center recently released some rather jaw-dropping statistics about the current state of cybercrime. Find out what internet crimes yield the most number of victims and the most dollars.
Online, your passwords are your locks. The problem is, many people use weak ones. Don't think it's a big deal or think you've got it covered? Think again! Passwords matter, even if you don't do any online shopping—and especially when it comes to email. Find out why.
Updated! The Better Business Bureau and the FTC are warning consumers about a new kinds of tech support scams. Typically these kinds of cons involve a phony representative helping you “fix” a fake computer problem for a fee. Now scammers are trying new approaches. They may offer you a refund or let you come to them for a change.
Unlike the “you won the lottery” headlines that scammers send out with a generic message and hope someone takes the bait, personalized scams are different—which makes them harder to spot. Find out what sets a personalized scams apart and get tips for spotting them.
Billions of people worldwide were impacted by cyber attacks in 2018 (yes, BILLIONS). In fact, one report says 765 million became victims between April and June of last year alone. At this point it’s really not realistic to think it won’t happen to you. Chances are, it will—but that doesn’t mean you have to make it easy. Adding an extra layer of security to your accounts can help reverse those odds.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- TDS Fiber questions and answers April 16, 2021
- Get the Most out of Your TDS TV+ Experience April 15, 2021
- Tropospheric ducting: a unique weather phenomenon can impact TV signals April 14, 2021
- Call before you dig! April 14, 2021
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Jason Aldean April 13, 2021
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Alicia T Randisi-Hooker: Thanks for this. I got another one today. I'm get...
- Grace Long: Thanks for this blog. I just got a call saying tha...
- Allison presents “Yet Another Hallmark Christmas Movie” | Allison M.: […] that aired last weekend on NPR about Hal...
- Missy Kellor: Hi Elmer. Please reach out to our repair team and ...
- Elmer jackson: What has happened to my on screen caller I’d. It...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Dancing with the Stars Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving The Flash travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead