About TDS Security TeamThe latest news and advice from the TDS Security Team.
When your inbox is getting hit with phishing emails, you may wonder how scammers even found you in the first place. We did the research and are sharing five ways those scams end up in your inbox.
In 1987, comedian Mel Brooks made fun of the password 12345 (and those who use it) in one of his movies—but here’s the not-so-funny punchline: that same bad password is the third most-common one in use THIS YEAR. Find out what the other 19 are (and stop using them!).
Everyone tries to follow online safety best-practices, but let's face it, sometimes we simply get it wrong. It's not that we intend to take risks, it's just that we either forgot or don't know the right thing to do. With help from Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Agency advice we have gathered a list of five common security mistakes how to fix them, along with a few bonus tips:
Last week, some high-profile people had their Twitter accounts hacked by scammers who sent out fake tweets asking followers to send money using Bitcoin. This incident has pushed cryptocurrency back into the spotlight and, to avoid scams, you would be wise to understand why.
With the lure of convenience, smart-home devices are more popular than ever—and now they’re popular with hackers too. The security of a network is only as strong as the weakest link and often connected devices such as stoves, refrigerators, doorbells, and thermostats are those weak points. Get tips to stay safe.
The viral app, most recently part of a celebrity #FaceAppChallenge, allows users to upload photos to see how they might look when they’re old, if they were a different gender, etc. Although it has been around for a few years, the app is the subject of renewed privacy concerns. What do we really know about FaceApp and should you be worried? Get the scoop.
The latest entertainment scams are just like Trojan Horses—you invite them into your home thinking they’re something awesome, but they actually mean you harm. Scammers are selling devices and downloadable apps promising that you’ll “never pay for a movie or TV show again.” In reality, what you’re likely to get is free content with a side of theft and fraud.
The FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center recently released some rather jaw-dropping statistics about the current state of cybercrime. Find out what internet crimes yield the most number of victims and the most dollars.
Online, your passwords are your locks. The problem is, many people use weak ones. Don't think it's a big deal or think you've got it covered? Think again! Passwords matter, even if you don't do any online shopping—and especially when it comes to email. Find out why.
Updated! The Better Business Bureau and the FTC are warning consumers about a new kinds of tech support scams. Typically these kinds of cons involve a phony representative helping you “fix” a fake computer problem for a fee. Now scammers are trying new approaches. They may offer you a refund or let you come to them for a change.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Protect yourself from fraud this holiday season November 30, 2023
- Special TDS program helps local businesses and nonprofits November 29, 2023
- TDS Telecom presents Most Valuable Educator Award November 21, 2023
- Looking for college sports on the Peacock app? TDS TV+ makes it easy November 19, 2023
- TDS named one of top workplaces for Veterans November 10, 2023
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Mark Schaaf: Since those are live events, those would fall unde...
- Jeff Dague: Any chance you will have any sports in 4K?...
- Mark Schaaf: Sara: Thanks for the feedback on channel offerings...
- Sara: Why doesn't tds offer the ION station? That's t...
- Mark Schaaf: Hi Jeff: Our TDS TV+ receivers are 4K capable, so ...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums cheap music cheap tunes christmas crafts dvr Facebook fcc Featured f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google holiday home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS giving TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving travel TV twitter volunteer