About TDS Security TeamThe latest news and advice from the TDS Security Team.
Consumer alert: Heartbleed bug a security risk
Consumer alert: yesterday it was announced that just over half of all websites (including popular sites such as Yahoo!, Flickr and more) were vulnerable to the Heartbleed encryption bug. This bug could have allowed attackers to read encrypted data including credit card or password information located on website servers for the last two years. Find out what you can do.
Consumer alert: CryptoLocker “ransomware” holds files hostage until you pay up
The FBI is alerting PC owners of a new kind of “ransomware” called CryptoLocker. Ransomware is a type a type of malicious software designed to block access to a computer system until a sum of money is paid. CryptoLocker encrypts your files and holds them hostage until you pay a ransom of several hundred dollars, typically within three days.Find out what you need to know about this latest threat and how to keep your files safe.
Protect yourself from Affordable Care Act phishing scams
With the Affordable Care Act going into effect tomorrow, be on the lookout for phishing scams. Cybercriminals will be trying to capitalize on the confusion surrounding the new law to find unsuspecting victims. Don't be tricked into revealing your personal or banking information. Learn how to protect yourself with 4 tips.
DWDM: how colored light brings you more services
First, don’t be scared off by the name. Sure, Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) sounds a little intimidating (and it’s… more...
What you need to know about Chrome 25
If you use Google Chrome, you should know about the important new security updates and controls included in the newest… more...
Why you need Internet security powered by award-winning F-Secure
If you don’t subscribe to TDS Internet Security or have Internet security software on your pc, you should really give it some thought—and not just because we sell it. Here’s why: The SANS Institute estimates that a new, unprotected computer connected to the Internet will be compromised in less than 3 days.
Don’t get hooked by a phishing scam
We’re hearing that a few of our customers have received phishing phone calls (otherwise known as voice phishing or “vishing”). Most people know about phishing over email or pop-up message, but not everyone knows about vishing.
Twitter hacked. Update your passwords.
At the end of last week Twitter announced it had been attacked by hackers and that up to 250,000 accounts… more...
Java 7 Patch released from Oracle – Here’s what you need to do
Last week a critical security vulnerability was discovered within Oracle’s popular Java 7 Runtime Environment (JRE), affecting Java 7 Update… more...
Smart Cyber Shopping – no data for deals
Ready. The Cyber Monday hype is in full swing and smart shoppers are compiling data to find the season’s best… more...
← Previous 1 … 4 5 6 Next →
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Fun facts for Flag Day June 1, 2023
- TDS enhances cybersecurity measures for customers May 31, 2023
- Want an easy way to pay your bills? Sign up for TDS ePay May 26, 2023
- The best tech gifts for Dad! May 26, 2023
- Help young people avoid scammers too May 18, 2023
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Mark Schaaf: Thank you for the feedback! We value your input an...
- Mark Schaaf: Hi Carlene: here is the link for more information:...
- Julia A Leathers: Yes my husband and myself would love to see the mu...
- Sharon stammen: Yes I would like the trail of showtime coming up. ...
- Mary Jo Malinger: Thank you so much for the free Showtime from Dec. ...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums cheap music cheap tunes christmas crafts dvr Facebook fcc Featured f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google holiday home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS giving TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving travel TV twitter volunteer