Archive | How-To’sRSS feed for this section
The ice and storm conditions in parts of Tennessee, Mississippi, Virginia, Kentucky, and Southern Indiana are impacting, or are anticipated to impact, TDS service and response times. We are ready and prepared to respond where it is safe for our teams to do so, however, some repair work and installations may be delayed due to local weather conditions.
If you use the Lifeline program to stay connected to your family and friends, there are changes coming to the renewal process you need to know about. Every 12 months, Lifeline participants have to recertify that they qualify for this benefit. TDS is now partnering with the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) to help make that process even easier.
Tis the season to be jolly, but when it comes to holiday parties for your work, it’s important to keep proper etiquette in mind. Here are five tips to help you navigate these treacherous waters.
By Guest Blogger on August 8, 2018 in How-To’s, Network Upgrades, News, Products, TDS Fiber, Tech Tips
While TDS Fiber provides one of the fastest home internet connections available, here are some ways to ensure you’re maximizing the potential of your internet speed. Get three tips.
Stores across the country are starting to roll out their back-to-school inventories, signaling the end of summer is near. If you or someone you know is getting ready to head off to college, here are some gadgets you may want to add to your shopping list:
School’s out for summer, which means you may not always be in the same room as your kids when they’re watching TV. The good news is you can still make sure they’re not tuning into something you wish they wouldn’t thanks to TDS TV’s parental controls.
Every day I speak with TDS customers from around the country who have questions about how their Internet service works. Our mission today, should you choose to join me, is to explain some common misconceptions regarding wireless technology and arm you with some of the tools you can use to combat them.
How long it takes for a plastic water bottle to decompose? Believe it or not, it takes 450 years or more. In 2017, the average American used 167 plastic water bottles, but only recycled 38 of them. Since plastic takes hundreds of years to decompose, these bottles and other forms of plastic waste find their way into oceans and landfills across the globe, endangering the lives of humans and wildlife alike.
The expression “look before you leap” encourages you to think of possible consequences before you act. In the digital age, that turn of phrase arguably could be changed to: look before you log in. There's a new batch of login scams making the rounds—can you spot what's real and what's fake? Learn what to look for to avoid this trickery.
The introduction of the first Kindle eReader in 2007 ushered in a new era for books. Despite the eReader market now entering its second decade, many people may still be wondering if they should buy an eReader. This article is to address those fence sitters by presenting the major pros and cons about using an electronic reader.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Ted Nugent March 2, 2021
- Winter weather emergency tips from the FTC February 24, 2021
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Bad Bunny February 23, 2021
- A field service tech’s simple act of kindness February 19, 2021
- Ice and snow impacts to TDS communities February 18, 2021
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Allison presents “Yet Another Hallmark Christmas Movie” | Allison M.: […] that aired last weekend on NPR about Hal...
- Missy Kellor: Hi Elmer. Please reach out to our repair team and ...
- Elmer jackson: What has happened to my on screen caller I’d. It...
- Austin: Thanks for reading Matt! Appreciate the kind words...
- Austin: Thanks for reading! If you have suggestions for ot...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Dancing with the Stars Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving The Flash travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead