Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
FTC shares top frauds from 2020
2020 was a tough year. Between the pandemic and the economic crisis, we all had our hands full. And scammers didn’t take any time off either—people lost nearly $3.3 billion in fraud schemes. Find out what the top three scams were last year.
Five easy Data Privacy Day tips
With today’s technology, keeping your private information safe can be quite a challenge. No matter what you do online, whether… more...
Scam “US Trading Commission” website is not the FTC
It’s often said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but the FTCS is not flattered at all by… more...
Expert tips for dodging holiday scams
As the holiday shopping season reaches its peak, scammers are crafting schemes and counting on your distraction to trick you.… more...
Why report fraud?
Scammers don't just scam one person. By sharing your story, you can help make a difference!
Scams that start on social media
Many of us are spending more time on social media during the pandemic—and scammers are too. They're hiding out on your favorite platforms, using ads and offers to market their scams, according to people’s reports to the FTC and a new Data Spotlight. Get the details on hot scams and how to stay safe.
5 Security mistakes you might be making
Everyone tries to follow online safety best-practices, but let's face it, sometimes we simply get it wrong. It's not that we intend to take risks, it's just that we either forgot or don't know the right thing to do. With help from Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Agency advice we have gathered a list of five common security mistakes how to fix them, along with a few bonus tips:
Cyberattacks on the rise since pandemic
With more people working at home and shopping online, the number of cyberattacks has increased significantly since the onset of the pandemic. Learn what you need to watch out for, and what you can do to stay safe.
Tips to help you avoid post-disaster scams
No matter what kind of disaster you've been impacted by, the aftermath is never easy. But when scammers target people just trying to recover, it can be even worse. The FTC offers their tips to help you avoid common post-disaster scams.
Scammer Alert: Unknown Actor posing as Department of Homeland Security
Attention small business owners! The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency is currently tracking and monitoring a situation involving an unknown malicious cyber actor who is imitating the COVID-19 relief webpage of the Small Business Administration through phishing emails.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Want an easy way to pay your bills? Sign up for TDS ePay May 26, 2023
- The best tech gifts for Dad! May 26, 2023
- Help young people avoid scammers too May 18, 2023
- TDS Telecom offering unique summer internship May 4, 2023
- World Fishing Network Free Preview set for entire month of May May 3, 2023
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Mark Schaaf: Thank you for the feedback! We value your input an...
- Mark Schaaf: Hi Carlene: here is the link for more information:...
- Julia A Leathers: Yes my husband and myself would love to see the mu...
- Sharon stammen: Yes I would like the trail of showtime coming up. ...
- Mary Jo Malinger: Thank you so much for the free Showtime from Dec. ...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums cheap music cheap tunes christmas crafts dvr Facebook fcc Featured f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google holiday home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS giving TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving travel TV twitter volunteer