Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
Many of us are paying close attention to the guidance from federal, state, and local governments during this COVID-19 health emergency. Unfortunately, scammers are also paying attention. Some are even pretending to be affiliated with the government—just to scam you out of money. The FTC gives you three ways you can help protect yourself and others from these scammers.
College students may no longer be on campuses right now, but that doesn't mean they've been able to move away from scams. Get the scoop on the latest COVID-19 scam that's targeting the younger generation.
We know there’s been a flood of information and updates about the government’s economic impact payments, or so-called stimulus checks, lately. Here’s what you need to know about the stimulus payments and how to avoid scams related to them.
It seems very counterintuitive to suggest you shouldn’t share on social media—after all, that’s why it even exists. But in some cases, sharing too much can increase your risk of being hacked or having your identity stolen. This is definitely the case with two popular Facebook trends.
Lots of us are working at home when we’ve never done it before. Beyond contending with pets and kids as coworkers, you also need to be mindful of the security of your home network. Get six tips to make sure your work-at-home life stays safe and secure.
You’ve probably heard the news by now—the government is sending out relief checks as part of the federal response to the coronavirus. Scammers heard the same thing, and they’re hoping to cash in on yours. The FTC shares a few things about how this will—and will not—work so you can spot the scams.
UPDATED! The best way to avoid a scam is to know the red flags. This means it’s never too soon to get immunized against the current strain of malicious tricks. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Word Health Organization (WHO), the Better Business Bureau (and more) are spreading the word.
National Consumer Protection Week (NCPW) is coming from March 1-7. It's a great time to refresh your memory on the best ways to avoid scams, identity theft, and get informed about consumer protection issues. Find out some easy ways to get quick tips.
Spoiler alert: consumers got scammed a LOT in 2019 and lost a ton of money in the process. Every year, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) maintains a database of fraud activity from state and federal law enforcement, private partners, and consumers like you. Get seven key takeaways from last year's data.
‘Tis the season when the tidings come in envelopes stamped “Important Tax Return Document Enclosed.” Yes, it’s tax filing season, and the season’s Grinches are the tax identity thieves and government imposters who are hoping to steal your money. Find out what you need to watch out for and how to steer clear of these scams.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Streaming Tunes Tuesday: The Mills Brothers November 29, 2022
- TDS Telecom holding Week of Giving November 28, 2022
- Streaming Tunes Tuesday: The Tokens November 22, 2022
- Where to watch the US Men’s Soccer at FIFA World Cup Qatar? November 21, 2022
- California customers invited to virtual public hearings on quality of services November 21, 2022
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Mary Jo Malinger: With the prices of everything going up all over th...
- Bonnie: I love GAC! I just recently transferred from Hallm...
- How To Check And Change Your Canon Printer’s PSK Settings – LEMP: […] It could be that the machine is unable t...
- austinkrueger: I'll definitely do that! Thanks for reading and c...
- Tina Whyte: Hey, I agree Sturgill is one of a kind. My favorit...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums cheap music cheap tunes christmas crafts dvr Facebook fcc Featured f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google holiday home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS giving TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving travel TV twitter volunteer