Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
Smart homes might be right around the corner, but are you and your neighbors really ready for them? While research shows the demand for Internet of Things (IoT) devices is likely to skyrocket over the next few years, the security implications of the IoT aren’t so rosy. Current online threats will become much closer to home as more people use IoT devices to “smarten” up their houses, and new security challenges are sure to emerge.
When you have a question, you probably turn to the Internet....but that's what’s makes this new scam so scary. Scammers are using our urge to find information online to set up unsuspecting victims. They are setting up fake websites and customer service lines that seem to be associated with big name companies.
F-Secure, a TDS partner, tells you the three most common pieces of password advice and practices recommended by security experts. Sure, strong passwords are important, but there are other factors you should be considering (and may not be!).
New research has revealed we're not being safe online—and especially not over public WiFi (even if we know the risks!). Find out what you're probably doing wrong and learn what simple and fast things you can do to protect your identity...but still enjoy that free Internet connection.
With the awesome number of people online, scams only need to work a tiny percentage of the time to make the bad guys rich. We’re sure you’re savvy enough to avoid most trouble. But for everyone else you know, here are 5 common scams.
LastPass, the password management company, announced today that it was hacked. Don't panic—actual passwords were not stolen. But, some information was taken that could leave you vulnerable. Find out what you need to do to make sure your "password vault" is secure.
A lightning strike can cause a power surge way above what your house is designed to handle. And, one good zap and your laptop or TV could get fried. Find out how to protect your electronics from lightning (and any other power surge).
A scam using something called malicious tagging is making its way around Facebook and other social media sites. The trouble is, it could leave your computer ridden with malware if you aren’t careful.
Cyber criminals are always looking for ways to try and steal your information. One of their favorites is to send legitimate-looking emails to "phish" for account numbers, or, better yet, payment information. So how can you spot fake emails from the real thing? We show you five ways to spot a scam.
Have you been neglecting your identity? In the daily hustle and bustle it is easy to let some important identity protecting tasks fall through the cracks. Just like you spring clean your house to get caught up once a year, take some time to spring clean your identity.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Pacific Rim, Acrimony, Paul, Apostle of Christ coming to TDS TV on Demand June 18, 2018
- Asked to pay a bill with a gift card? Don’t. June 15, 2018
- Seeds of inclusion June 14, 2018
- Facebook Messenger used to steal money and identities June 13, 2018
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Lynyrd Skynyrd June 12, 2018
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: Did you end up resolving your issue, Amy? If not, ...
- Amy Galassi: My tv keeps saying "No Signal Please check the in...
- Doug: And the Sauk Prairie area :) Got the flyer and al...
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Stone Temple Pilots | TDS Home: […] in 2014, I wrote about the interesting s...
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Genesis | TDS Home: […] the good from the mediocre. Given the sy...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel TV tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead