Archive | Tech TipsRSS feed for this section
Connected cars have a crazy amount of users’ data, like what’s transferred over Bluetooth from your phone, location, and more, and hackers are taking notice. Take these steps to protect your connected car's data.
Looking for the perfect tech gift this holiday season? Check out technology gift ideas for everyone in the family from drones and headphones to kindles and phones.
This week: FDA approves a digital track pill, Twitter changes their signature character count, and technological advances continue. A new type of Hyperloop is on its way, Olie is the new smart lamp, the robot dog has been updated, and Bose has created Sleepbuds!
The recent hacking of the credit reporting bureau Equifax, reminds all of us that now is the time to take a good look at how we’re protecting our personal information. Learn some tips for protecting your identity every day of the week, regardless of whether you're impacted by this breach.
There are many government funded programs that help disaster zones, yet personal donations are nearly always necessary to meet all the needs. However, before you click that 'Donate Now' button, stop and consider a few things so you can avoid phonies who prey on goodwill.
VHS tapes will so become unreadable and research has shown that the tapes lifespan is only 15 to 20 years. Converting old videos to DVD’s or digital copies that can be stored on your computer is the solution to the problem. Check out ways to make sure your videos don’t become unreadable in the next few years.
Caller ID is a brilliant piece of technology that lets you see who is calling before you pick up. (Seriously, who hasn’t used it to avoid a call from a telemarketer?) But, here’s what you might not know: the information displayed on Caller ID can be faked. Scammers spoof the information that appears on your phone’s display to trick you into thinking someone important is calling.
Who doesn't love a bargain? But in the case of movie sharing sites, "free" could be anything but. Even one visit could infect your computer with malware that costs you in big way. And if you don't think it could happen to you, think again—the odds are not in your favor.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- This July, defend against military consumer scams July 6, 2022
- Streaming Tunes Tuesday: Ben Harper, The Will To Live July 5, 2022
- Christmas in July is HERE July 1, 2022
- 9-8-8 National Suicide Prevention Hotline goes into effect July 16 June 30, 2022
- Test your knowledge: July 4th trivia June 30, 2022
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: Hmmmm. Becky, I would reach out to our tech folks ...
- Becky Stephens: I followed the directions to record a program and ...
- austinkrueger: Good call! I'll have to check that out as well!...
- Mike Rogers: Thanks Austin, you reminded me I needed to buy thi...
- Pamela Harrellson: Thankyou...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums cheap music cheap tunes christmas crafts Facebook fcc f secure good $5 albums good cheap music Google HBO holiday home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety savvy spending security seen on pinterest Showtime Sun outages TDS TDS charity TDS community giving TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news tech news highlights Thanksgiving travel twitter volunteer