Archive | Tech TipsRSS feed for this section
Looking for the perfect tech gift this holiday season? Check out technology gift ideas for everyone in the family from drones and headphones to kindles and phones.
This week: FDA approves a digital track pill, Twitter changes their signature character count, and technological advances continue. A new type of Hyperloop is on its way, Olie is the new smart lamp, the robot dog has been updated, and Bose has created Sleepbuds!
The recent hacking of the credit reporting bureau Equifax, reminds all of us that now is the time to take a good look at how we’re protecting our personal information. Learn some tips for protecting your identity every day of the week, regardless of whether you're impacted by this breach.
There are many government funded programs that help disaster zones, yet personal donations are nearly always necessary to meet all the needs. However, before you click that 'Donate Now' button, stop and consider a few things so you can avoid phonies who prey on goodwill.
VHS tapes will so become unreadable and research has shown that the tapes lifespan is only 15 to 20 years. Converting old videos to DVD’s or digital copies that can be stored on your computer is the solution to the problem. Check out ways to make sure your videos don’t become unreadable in the next few years.
Caller ID is a brilliant piece of technology that lets you see who is calling before you pick up. (Seriously, who hasn’t used it to avoid a call from a telemarketer?) But, here’s what you might not know: the information displayed on Caller ID can be faked. Scammers spoof the information that appears on your phone’s display to trick you into thinking someone important is calling.
Who doesn't love a bargain? But in the case of movie sharing sites, "free" could be anything but. Even one visit could infect your computer with malware that costs you in big way. And if you don't think it could happen to you, think again—the odds are not in your favor.
We may scoff at those who actually use the word “password” as their password (or "123456"), but we probably shouldn’t be too smug. After all, are your passwords really any good? They may not be nearly as awesome as you think.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Neil Young June 18, 2019
- Films to watch with dad on Father’s Day June 14, 2019
- U.S. Flag Do’s and Don’ts June 12, 2019
- Who is TDS? June 11, 2019
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Grateful Dead June 11, 2019
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Austin: I'll let them know. Thanks for the comment!...
- Erik Riedasch: Great album and review. Thanks to whomever sugges...
- Missy Kellor: Yikes! Thanks for letting us know. We've updated ...
- Anony mous: Funny...you click the link....TDSFiber.com and you...
- Colleen Becker: When did the cover letter go out of style? I was ...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead