Despite the heat, the end of the summer is around the corner. With the new school year fast approaching, it’s time to upgrade your tech for the students in your life. Whether it’s the first day of high school or they’re heading off to college, you’re going to want the best gadgets to help them stay organized and productive.
Check out some of the best new tech for 2023!
- Apple Airpods Pro (2nd Generation): Studying in the dorm or around campus can get distracting, so headphones with noise-cancelling capabilities are crucial to stay focused. Featuring up to two times more noise cancellation, these H2-powered Airpods Pro can deliver 6 hours of battery life from a single charge. Touch control also allows you to adjust the volume with a simple swipe.
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite: Whether it’s for textbooks or a fun read, the Amazon Kindle Paperwhite is a lightweight alternative to physical copies. The tablet now has a 6.8-inch display with up to 10 weeks of battery life. With an adjustable warm light, waterproof functions, and hands-free capabilities with Audible, your student is equipped for their on-the-go lifestyle.
- Apple Watch Series 8: Never miss another class or appointment. This crack, dust, and water-resistant watch helps you keep track of your calendar, sleep, and exercise all with the turn of a wrist. By synchronizing the watch to their smartphone, your student can map their class route and keep in touch at the same time.
- MacBook Air M2: Apple’s latest Macbook Air is perfect for students of any age. Equipped with a 1080p HD camera, MagSafe charging, and up to 18 hours of battery life, the supercharged M2 chip can keep up with their coursework. With this type of reliable performance and durability, it’s sure to be money well spent.
- Seagate Portable 2TB External Hard Drive: It’s always smart to have a backup for important documents, files, and projects. Seagate’s portable hard drive makes it easy to drag and drop files with a device ranging from 2TB to 16TB of storage. Transfer files fast and expand your computer’s storage capacity with this lightweight option.
- JBL Go 3: Although not crucial, a high-quality speaker is great for watching shows or listening to music with new friends. The JBL Go 3 is a handy portable Bluetooth speaker with a durable design and plenty of color options. With up to 5 hours of battery life and an IP67 water-resistance rating, this wireless speaker is perfect for any occasion.
- Apple AirTags: Keep track of all your important belongings with the Apple AirTags. Pop one into your backpack or your coat pocket and just like that, the items are on your radar in the Find My app. Precision Finding and a built-in speaker will lead you directly to your lost goods thanks to a secure Bluetooth signal.
- iWalk Portable Charger: Stay on-the-go with this sleek portable charger. The ultra-compact design and built-in cable makes it easier to fully charge your iPhone up to 1.5 times depending on the generation. The weightless device charges fast and is great for mobility while charging.
By Celia Reid, TDS Communications Intern