Tag Archives | security
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is asking more than 500,000 Americans to reboot their routers. This is because hackers infected consumer-level routers used in homes and small offices with malware. The incident is believed to be a Russian military-related hacking and has affected half a million routers and storage devices in 54 countries, including the United States.
Bad news, consumers—there’s a new chip-based security vulnerability you need to watch out for. Called “Variant 4,” it doesn’t seem this exploit used in the wild…yet. However, now that it’s out in the open, it’s entirely possible hackers will be working overtime to give it a try. Find out what you can do to stay safe.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the IRS are warning consumers about the return of tax scam season. We’ve talked about this before in 2015 and 2016—and that advice is still valid. However, there are two new scams making the rounds this year you need to watch out for.
Connected cars have a crazy amount of users’ data, like what’s transferred over Bluetooth from your phone, location, and more, and hackers are taking notice. Take these steps to protect your connected car's data.
In the past 24 hours many media outlets have reported on how a Russian organized crime syndicate has accumulated over one billion user credentials (usernames, emails, passwords). While this news is still developing, it is not a reason to panic, but it is a great reason to revisit secure computing practices. We've got six tips for you.
Yesterday the Communications Team here at TDS spotted an article that we sort of loved. It’s titled “Sorry, cellphone: Why… more...
Creating passwords and then having to remember which one goes with which account can be a big hassle, let along making good ones. Our blogger recently came across this story by Webroot about creating strong passwords and thought it might be helpful to share.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- How to turn tricky CSA vegetables into mouthwatering dishes September 21, 2018
- FTC alert: social security numbers can’t be suspended September 19, 2018
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: The Rolling Stones September 18, 2018
- Puppies now used in the relentless world of scams September 14, 2018
- Back-to-school lunch ideas September 13, 2018
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Rebecca Thomson: Looking forward to it....
- Missy Kellor: Hi Rebecca. Be sure to check TDS Fiber for any upd...
- Rebecca Thomson: I signed up and sent in my 25.00 and now it's not...
- Missy Kellor: Hi MC, I reached out to our product experts and th...
- Missy Kellor: This fight happened last year, so you can save som...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead