Tag Archives | security
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is asking more than 500,000 Americans to reboot their routers. This is because hackers infected consumer-level routers used in homes and small offices with malware. The incident is believed to be a Russian military-related hacking and has affected half a million routers and storage devices in 54 countries, including the United States.
Bad news, consumers—there’s a new chip-based security vulnerability you need to watch out for. Called “Variant 4,” it doesn’t seem this exploit used in the wild…yet. However, now that it’s out in the open, it’s entirely possible hackers will be working overtime to give it a try. Find out what you can do to stay safe.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the IRS are warning consumers about the return of tax scam season. We’ve talked about this before in 2015 and 2016—and that advice is still valid. However, there are two new scams making the rounds this year you need to watch out for.
Connected cars have a crazy amount of users’ data, like what’s transferred over Bluetooth from your phone, location, and more, and hackers are taking notice. Take these steps to protect your connected car's data.
In the past 24 hours many media outlets have reported on how a Russian organized crime syndicate has accumulated over one billion user credentials (usernames, emails, passwords). While this news is still developing, it is not a reason to panic, but it is a great reason to revisit secure computing practices. We've got six tips for you.
Yesterday the Communications Team here at TDS spotted an article that we sort of loved. It’s titled “Sorry, cellphone: Why… more...
Creating passwords and then having to remember which one goes with which account can be a big hassle, let along making good ones. Our blogger recently came across this story by Webroot about creating strong passwords and thought it might be helpful to share.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Barenaked For the Holidays December 1, 2020
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Lee Brice November 24, 2020
- Why report fraud? November 23, 2020
- Helping make Thanksgiving brighter November 21, 2020
- TV channel blackouts are happening more and more November 20, 2020
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: Fred, there is an app for TDS TV+ and TDS TV you c...
- How to find your digital footprint. – COMM2400 – Social Media Tools and Strategies: […] is (which is basically everywhere), but ...
- Fred Klancnik: All I want to do is to have access to my guide cha...
- Austin: I never saw them live, sadly. Hopefully more peopl...
- Dan: I saw this band onstage at the Bonnaroo festival w...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving The Flash travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead