Tag Archives | passwords
Online, your passwords are your locks. The problem is, many people use weak ones. Don't think it's a big deal or think you've got it covered? Think again! Passwords matter, even if you don't do any online shopping—and especially when it comes to email. Find out why.
Especially when you’re busy and doing a lot online (holiday shopping, for example), the temptation is strong to take a shortcut and use the same password twice…or three times…or more. But don’t do it. A few seconds of time savings in the moment could ultimately cost you a lot more.
We may scoff at those who actually use the word “password” as their password (or "123456"), but we probably shouldn’t be too smug. After all, are your passwords really any good? They may not be nearly as awesome as you think.
In the past 24 hours many media outlets have reported on how a Russian organized crime syndicate has accumulated over one billion user credentials (usernames, emails, passwords). While this news is still developing, it is not a reason to panic, but it is a great reason to revisit secure computing practices. We've got six tips for you.
There’s a lot of advice out there about passwords – how to generate them, store them, manage them. It’s certainly important to get a grip on your passwords – especially after Heartbleed, possibly the greatest vulnerability in Internet history. But for many of us (myself included), the idea of managing ALL those passwords is overwhelming. Here's a little advice...
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Finding a furry friend in the era of COVID-19 May 20, 2020
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Brothers Osbourne May 19, 2020
- Four-day HBO & Cinemax FREE preview weekend! May 14, 2020
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: The Verve Pipe May 12, 2020
- Distance yourself from eye strain May 11, 2020
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: Dan, you can go paperless but NOT set up automatic...
- Missy Kellor: Hi Ann, here are some instructions that should hel...
- Missy Kellor: You have to have ePay to have paperless billing—...
- Rodney Robida: I want to go paperless billings but i don't want ...
- Ann Fey: I want to sign up for paperless billing, do not wa...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead