Tag Archives | phishing
Security awareness: increase in malicious emails and attacks
Keep a watchful eye on your email inbox. Our internal security team has been noticing an uptick in malicious email campaigns sent to TDS employee inboxes—and a similar increase in their personal accounts as well. Get the scoop on the two scams popping up recently.
Look before you log in
The expression “look before you leap” encourages you to think of possible consequences before you act. In the digital age, that turn of phrase arguably could be changed to: look before you log in. There's a new batch of login scams making the rounds—can you spot what's real and what's fake? Learn what to look for to avoid this trickery.
Warning! ‘Tis the season for fake delivery notifications
With holiday shopping season in high gear, shopping and delivery scams are also on the rise. Scammers are sending phishing emails that appear to have tracking information, but are designed to trick you. They want to steal your personal data, take your deliveries, or buy some time to do some shopping of their own.
Facebook hoaxes and scams
Admit it, you’ve seen Facebook posts and wondered if they’re true. We're not talking about probably-Photoshopped photos or memes that make you go “hmmmmmmm.” We mean those posts about giveaways, privacy notices, contests, and more. Are they legit? The hard part is, some are and some aren’t, so the trick is to know the difference. We break down what posts you shouldn't worry about (the hoaxes) and the ones you should (the scams).
Be on the lookout for two new phishing scams
No matter how hard you try, it seems like scammers get your email address. There’s lots of ways they manage to find it, and when they do, they start phishing and hope you fall for their lure.
TDS customers targeted by phishing scam
Have you seen it? The email that TDS is expanding your email quota? DELETE it! It’s a scam.
“Fingerprinting” phone calls to stop phone fraud
We’ve told you about the… more...
Don’t get hooked by a phishing scam
We’re hearing that a few of our customers have received phishing phone calls (otherwise known as voice phishing or “vishing”). Most people know about phishing over email or pop-up message, but not everyone knows about vishing.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Want an easy way to pay your bills? Sign up for TDS ePay May 26, 2023
- The best tech gifts for Dad! May 26, 2023
- Help young people avoid scammers too May 18, 2023
- TDS Telecom offering unique summer internship May 4, 2023
- World Fishing Network Free Preview set for entire month of May May 3, 2023
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Mark Schaaf: Thank you for the feedback! We value your input an...
- Mark Schaaf: Hi Carlene: here is the link for more information:...
- Julia A Leathers: Yes my husband and myself would love to see the mu...
- Sharon stammen: Yes I would like the trail of showtime coming up. ...
- Mary Jo Malinger: Thank you so much for the free Showtime from Dec. ...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums cheap music cheap tunes christmas crafts dvr Facebook fcc Featured f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google holiday home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS giving TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving travel TV twitter volunteer