Tag Archives | good cheap music
Moby literally played his first show to promote the album in a Virgin Megastore basement, but in 2000 he was leading the MTV Campus Invasion tour. One mega-hit and lots of exposure catapulted Moby from relative obscurity to selling nearly 15 million albums worldwide after essentially none the first twelve months.
While rare, you see band with debut albums sell millions of copies only for the follow-ups to fade into oblivion. Today’s featured band is one of those rarities. Pop on this album today and you’ll be transported to 1997.
AC/DC is iconic—what else needs to be said? This album alone has sold nearly 20 million copies worldwide. Odds are you know and are familiar with AC/DC’s hits. It’s tough to not hear them on some form of radio, even now—and today you can pick up Highway to Hell for a song so get it while it’s hot!
With 16 Grammy noms and more than 100 million albums sold to date, the Red Hot Chili Peppers certainly have staying power. Californication is the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ seventh studio album and also their best selling to date. Today you can pick it up for only $6 and feel like you’re on a beach in California.
Some people like to poke fun at Coldplay because of the softer feel, but it’s no bother. Critical acclaim for this album was furious, Rolling Stone called Coldplay the ‘best band of the year’ and the album brought them a Grammy Award for ‘Record of the Year’ and it was number one on the charts and it has sold nearly 20 million copies to date.
Invisible Touch is simply masterful. From top to bottom, the album runs through up-tempo standard pop, to thoughtful, introspective ballads. Out of eight tracks, six of them were successful singles and very popular radio staples to this day. This one today for $5 bucks is a steal.
Happy New Year, music fans! Generally, I like to swap calendars and reward myself with some new tunes. You know, give a band I’ve been meaning to get to for years a shot and see if they make the rotation. In 2018 however, I was inspired by a friend to go back to some absolute classic albums and determine where they fit in the all-time record books.
Is it possible to be one of the more influential acts of the ‘90s while only releasing three records? Moreover, what if one of those albums came out posthumously after the lead singer’s tragic passing? The 17 million albums sold worldwide would say it is—and their cult following, in spite of breaking up nearly 20 years ago, seems to have cemented their legacy.
Selling half a billion records is an accomplishment only The Beatles and Elvis can lay claim to—but selling a quarter billion is still one heck of a feat. Today’s featured artist has hit that mark and is the third best-selling female artist of all time. No doubt her fifth album, "Daydream" contributed to that status (it was nominated for six Grammy Awards alone!). Today you can score it for only $5.
Start your 2017 off right by putting on some good tunes, and Heart’s “Dreamboat Annie” certainly qualifies. Admittedly Heart isn’t the first band I think of in terms of iconic 70’s rock n’ roll, but they should be more involved in the conversation than they seem to be—a very under appreciated act that has so many good records.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- TDS Fiber questions and answers April 16, 2021
- Get the Most out of Your TDS TV+ Experience April 15, 2021
- Tropospheric ducting: a unique weather phenomenon can impact TV signals April 14, 2021
- Call before you dig! April 14, 2021
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Jason Aldean April 13, 2021
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Alicia T Randisi-Hooker: Thanks for this. I got another one today. I'm get...
- Grace Long: Thanks for this blog. I just got a call saying tha...
- Allison presents “Yet Another Hallmark Christmas Movie” | Allison M.: […] that aired last weekend on NPR about Hal...
- Missy Kellor: Hi Elmer. Please reach out to our repair team and ...
- Elmer jackson: What has happened to my on screen caller I’d. It...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Dancing with the Stars Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving The Flash travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead