Tag Archives | good cheap music
Often referred to as the “yellow” or “orange” album because of the cover and liner notes, Days of New's debut was almost an instant success. Backed by lead single "Touch, Peel and Stand" which rose to #1 on the Billboard chart, the entire industry was taking notice. Band like Alice in Chains and Metallica were calling the label to book them as an opener for their world tours. You can get this album today for only $5.
When you think of musicians from New Jersey, one artist clearly pops into mind over all the rest. Yep, you know him, The Boss–Bruce Springsteen. If you’re a big fan of his, my apologies, but he is not the artist I’m listening to today. Instead, I’m focusing on another Garden State standout—a group that’s sold nearly 10 million albums in the U.S. alone.
If you’re not familiar with ska music in general, this is a great introduction. It’s faster tempo, upbeat styling with lots of brass, bass and drums. How can you resist that? For $5 dollars today, give a new genre a try and enjoy the ride.
Sometimes the best music is when you try out something new and this album is awesome. I think anyone who enjoys folks, bluegrass or acoustic rock type genres will find this appealing. On a day in which Amazon will make millions on quasi-sales, stick it to ‘em by only paying $5 bucks for this album—it’s worth at least double that.
The featured album today is The Red Album released in June of 2008. It was the sixth studio album for the band and has sold a million copies worldwide. One critic talked about how all the parts of this album don’t fit together, and it’s so much better because of it. It gives it this new personality and gives you a side of Weezer never before seen. To get that kind of enjoyment for $5 bucks, we should all be so lucky – wait, we are!
There are a couple tracks you still here on classic radio today, and they’re pretty catchy. I think if you’re looking for a signature pop album from the early ‘80s, you may not find a better example than this. It’s toe-tapping and one you can crank up in the car and sing along if you want. Just don’t do it with the windows down, at risk the car next to you will make fun of you the rest of the day.
In 2001, music sharing sites were incredibly popular, and John Mayer benefited from his album being one of the more shared albums that year. The major labels took notice to his Internet popularity, and overnight, he went from an online-only album not making much money, to being signed to Columbia Records to a mass-distribution deal. To date, the album has sold over 6 million copies worldwide and you can score it today for only $5.
It’s not often an entire country can be united by the work of one person. There are so many reasons to pick this up today: reliving the mid-80s and cranking up an album that makes you want to stand up and shout USA! USA!
After fifteen seasons, American Idol will end after declining ratings. Thousands of artists got a chance to make it big all from a simple audition in a sports arena all over the U.S. and today’s artist got it all started, way back in season one. Her sophomore album showcases her amazing voice and proved she had what it takes to be more than just the next pop star.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Westworld recap + new summer shows starting soon! June 23, 2022
- FTC: Know your rights about credit and discrimination June 22, 2022
- Streaming Tunes Tuesday: Supertramp, Breakfast in America June 21, 2022
- Hiding in Plain Sight: Youth Mental Illness documentary on PBS June 20, 2022
- Updated: How to turn on parental controls for your kids’ favorite online services June 17, 2022
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- austinkrueger: Good call! I'll have to check that out as well!...
- Mike Rogers: Thanks Austin, you reminded me I needed to buy thi...
- Pamela Harrellson: Thankyou...
- Missy Kellor: Thanks for the idea, Karl!...
- Karl Everette Lawrence: TDS needs to create an extreme app that allows to ...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums cheap music cheap tunes christmas crafts Facebook fcc f secure good $5 albums good cheap music Google HBO holiday home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety savvy spending security seen on pinterest Showtime Sun outages TDS TDS charity TDS community giving TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news tech news highlights Thanksgiving travel twitter volunteer