Tag Archives | tech news
This week: Netflix exceeds new subscriber predictions, Samsung releases a new TV that doubles as wall art and the Snap Spectacles are now available on Amazon.
This week: brush up on your Starbucks lingo because their new app will take voice orders soon, check out Boeing's new (and very blue) spacesuit, and you've got to check out a new Kickstarter that is a smartphone case and drone in one!
Twenty-seven years ago today, Sir Tim Berners-Lee, a British computer scientist, dared to dream about what others had dubbed insane: opening the internet to the general public.
In today’s day and age, it would be incredibly unique if we didn’t look at a screen of some sort during the day. Computers, smartphones, TVs, and tablets all but consume our lives—and recent research proves it. This high amount of screen time affects our bodies and our eyes. Find out to minimize the stress to your peepers.
Have you ever thought about what your internet searches may reveal about you? You might be surprised to know just how much Google knows. While on its surface what you search for may seem uninteresting, just think of what can be gleaned from it. We have a few ways you can check the (potentially creepy) data Google has on you so you can clear Google from keeping any unwanted details. .
This week: Facebook Messenger gets a new home screen, Microsoft's purchase of LinkedIn makes people fear Clippy's return, and Xbox shows off a new console coming in August. Also find out (fast) what 13 things Apple unveiled at their annual conference, check out the best video game trailers shown at E3, and take a peek at Knocki—our Kickstarter of the week.
The new tech coming out of the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas has dominated the tech news for this week. As such, I’m going to highlight some of the fun stuff I noticed coming across the feeds and point you to where you can catch up with all the CES news.
This week: Amazon announces four new tablets (including one for only $50!) and updated Fire TV options, UE Boom 2 is making waves, and there's a new bio fuel from Japan that could just save the earth. Also, Microsoft's hosting a media event next month, DARPA introduces new prosthetic tech, new Facebook buttons could be here soon, and more.
Reviews of Google's OnHub router are in, check out a "shut up and take my money" item sure to be on the top of every holiday wish list, and if you're an Amazon Prime member, be sure to take advantage of their latest streaming feature this weekend. All this and more in this week's tech news roundup.
This week: expose on Amazon's corporate culture has everyone talking, hackers stole three times the amount of taxpayer info than originally thought, and there's a new Internet Explorer security gap you need to patch ASAP. Also, watch Boston Dynamic's bipedal robot run through the woods, find out about a new way to charge electric cars by driving them, and check out a fun Jurassic World animation done entirely in Lego.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Top Christmas movies to watch on TDS TV+ during the holidays December 6, 2023
- Internet jargon you actually need to know December 5, 2023
- 2024 Paris Olympics prep under way December 4, 2023
- TDS holds second annual Week of Giving December 2, 2023
- Top 7 tech gifts this holiday season December 1, 2023
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Mark Schaaf: Since those are live events, those would fall unde...
- Jeff Dague: Any chance you will have any sports in 4K?...
- Mark Schaaf: Sara: Thanks for the feedback on channel offerings...
- Sara: Why doesn't tds offer the ION station? That's t...
- Mark Schaaf: Hi Jeff: Our TDS TV+ receivers are 4K capable, so ...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums cheap music cheap tunes christmas crafts dvr Facebook fcc Featured f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google holiday home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS giving TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving travel TV twitter volunteer