Tag Archives | volunteer
Giving back is an integral part of the culture at TDS, which is why the company created its Be Good Citizens program. This program provides employees with 16 hours of paid time off every year to volunteer. Recently, one TDS employee took this program beyond serving her local community and used her Be Good Citizens hours to volunteer in another country.
Congratulations to Raul Carozza of TDS Telecom for his selection as Volunteer of the Quarter! Volunteering is a labor of love for Raul. Since 2012, he and his wife have been providing monthly community breakfasts to homeless and low-income families in the Madison, Wisconsin area.
Michael Theo recognizes the importance of getting involved in TDS service communities. In Sun Prairie, he takes time to read to a group of first graders every month.
One of the benefits of working at TDS Telecom is the “Be Good Citizens” program, which allows eligible employees up to four paid volunteer hours per quarter. The Billing Operations (Bill Ops) department created a Volunteer Committee to arrange volunteer events to make this policy accessible to its employees. Now, it serves as an example for members of other departments to go out and use their own volunteer hours.
In May 2012, Aly Wolff, a friend of TDS Inc. staff accountant Jessica Hall, was diagnosed with a neuroendocrine tumor in her liver. Jessica and her friend—along with Aly’s friends and family, gathered together to brainstorm a way to help. The result? An annual charitable event.
TDS celebrates their employee volunteers by awarding one special winner the honor of being named Volunteer of the Quarter. Meet Darrel, who gives his time to multiple organizations including Second Harvest Foodbank, Meals on Wheels, Henry Vilas Zoo, and more.
It’s National Volunteer Week! Volunteering is a great way to get involved with an organization whose mission is important to you. In fact, TDS employees are encouraged to volunteer in our communities—we even give each employee 16 hours of paid time off every year to get involved and give back. Find out more about our efforts and tell us how you give back.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- How to turn tricky CSA vegetables into mouthwatering dishes September 21, 2018
- FTC alert: social security numbers can’t be suspended September 19, 2018
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: The Rolling Stones September 18, 2018
- Puppies now used in the relentless world of scams September 14, 2018
- Back-to-school lunch ideas September 13, 2018
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Rebecca Thomson: Looking forward to it....
- Missy Kellor: Hi Rebecca. Be sure to check TDS Fiber for any upd...
- Rebecca Thomson: I signed up and sent in my 25.00 and now it's not...
- Missy Kellor: Hi MC, I reached out to our product experts and th...
- Missy Kellor: This fight happened last year, so you can save som...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead