About McLean RobbinsMcLean Robbins is a Washington, D.C.-based luxury lifestyle writer specializing in travel, spas, and weddings. She writes regularly for the Travel Channel, Forbes Travel Guide, The Washingtonian, AOL, Robb Report, Pursuitist, and many more. Follow her on Twitter: @McLeanRobbins and on Google +
Beach, please! Summer will soon be over and those old gym shorts just aren't cutting it for your upcoming end-of-summer vacation. Thanks to social media, you may be feeling the pressure to up the quality of your beach gear from "thrown together" to #InstaWorthy. That's why we've rounded up nine of our favorite items (most under $50 or on sale!) to keep you stylish on your summer beach trip.
Those who want to save and still stay fit without a commitment, it's time to get savvy. The fitness tapes and DVDs of old have made a comeback in the form of online streaming, apps and in home "live" memberships that allow participants the benefit of a fancy boutique workout at a fraction of the cost. Here area few of our favorite options to get fit without stretching out your wallet.
Hot summer days call for ice-cold evening treats. Whether you hand-churn your own ice cream or prefer the store-bought variety, these creamy treats are perfect for your next barbecue or party.
Let's be honest—dad doesn't want another tie. Nor does he want more golf balls, fishing lures, or polo shirts. The exception: handmade gifts from kids, or those of us who are particularly crafty! Show your love this father's day with these ten unique gifts that blend experiences, artistry, and creativity. And yes, we're totally okay if you order something for yourself too.
Whether you're hoping for a romantic night at home or you're prepping for a big party or event, a little extra love in the decor department goes a long way. And, as much as we love fresh-cut flowers, filling your space with seasonal stems can get pricey. To achieve a similarly enticing look, sub (most of the) flowers for candles and voila—your space is transformed into a festive (and often sweet smelling) area for entertaining, a big event such as a wedding or graduation, or even a special dinner date.
Love citrus fruits in summer? So do we, and without a doubt, our favorite is the Meyer Lemon, a slightly sweeter and tangier version of lemons that tastes like the perfect cross between a lemon and an orange. There's nothing this little fruit can do wrong, particularly when it's made into a sweet ending to a summer meal.
Haven't planned your summer vacation yet? You're still in luck if you're looking to find a reasonably-priced escape. A new report from Trip Advisor analyzed hotel pricing data to identify the lowest prices for hotels this summer. They looked at data across nine regions and 30 cities for travel in June, July and August and we've got the results and some seasoned-traveler advice.
We're big fans of using Pinterest for home design inspiration, whether we're looking to do a whole-house reno or simply make a small update to a single room. Of late, herringbone, a distinctive pattern often used for tile or flooring, is perhaps the most popular trend seen on Pinterest. From entryways to backsplashes to bathrooms, herringbone is hot hot
Thanks to Pinterest, Etsy, and even your local party supply store, birthday parties have become grand affairs, complete with their own theme. We scoured Pinterest and found what has to be one our favorite and most-flexible themes—Animals—with some ideas that are just too cute not to share. Whether you have a baby, toddler, or a child in elementary school, you can make this theme fit your party.
These fruit-forward and lightened-up cakes and pies are making us ready for spring. (After all, ham doesn't need to be the star of the Easter dinner if you don't want it to be!)
- Stream the Great American Eclipse! August 18, 2017
- Weekly tech news roundup August 18, 2017
- Warning: New tech support scams hits PCs AND Apple devices August 17, 2017
- “Obnoxious” browser updates actually protect your data August 16, 2017
- Big 10 Network is here, there—everywhere! August 15, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Warning: New tech support scams hits PCs AND Apple devices | TDS Home: […] your Caller ID with a grain of salt. The...
- Kevin McGinley: The Opera browser is often left unmentioned but wa...
- Missy Kellor: Todd, unfortunately it's up to the content provid...
- Cheryl McCollum: The Craig County upgrade is expected to be done by...
- Missy Kellor: Bill, if you head to TDSFiber.com and plug in your...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes crafts Dancing with the Stars Dr. Who dvr fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music home decor House of Cards Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (146)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (22)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (205)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (95)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (79)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (290)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (5)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (26)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)