Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
F-Secure, a TDS partner, tells you the three most common pieces of password advice and practices recommended by security experts. Sure, strong passwords are important, but there are other factors you should be considering (and may not be!).
New research has revealed we're not being safe online—and especially not over public WiFi (even if we know the risks!). Find out what you're probably doing wrong and learn what simple and fast things you can do to protect your identity...but still enjoy that free Internet connection.
With the awesome number of people online, scams only need to work a tiny percentage of the time to make the bad guys rich. We’re sure you’re savvy enough to avoid most trouble. But for everyone else you know, here are 5 common scams.
LastPass, the password management company, announced today that it was hacked. Don't panic—actual passwords were not stolen. But, some information was taken that could leave you vulnerable. Find out what you need to do to make sure your "password vault" is secure.
A lightning strike can cause a power surge way above what your house is designed to handle. And, one good zap and your laptop or TV could get fried. Find out how to protect your electronics from lightning (and any other power surge).
A scam using something called malicious tagging is making its way around Facebook and other social media sites. The trouble is, it could leave your computer ridden with malware if you aren’t careful.
Cyber criminals are always looking for ways to try and steal your information. One of their favorites is to send legitimate-looking emails to "phish" for account numbers, or, better yet, payment information. So how can you spot fake emails from the real thing? We show you five ways to spot a scam.
Have you been neglecting your identity? In the daily hustle and bustle it is easy to let some important identity protecting tasks fall through the cracks. Just like you spring clean your house to get caught up once a year, take some time to spring clean your identity.
Although it’s April Fools’ Day this is not a joke—we’re getting reports of customers receiving an email that looks like the real thing but is actually a phishing scam. Learn what you should do and get five tips for spotting this kind of scam email.
When you’ve got work to do on the go, nothing beats a laptop. Are you keeping yours safe? Proper care for your laptop is much more involved than just storing it in a padded case. Try these tips to boost your laptop security and keep your identity safe.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- October 5, 2022
- Streaming Tunes Tuesday: Sturgill Simpson October 4, 2022
- Fall sun outages could impact your video signal September 29, 2022
- FTC: Avoid scams in the aftermath of Merbok, Fiona and Ian September 29, 2022
- Streaming Tunes Tuesday: Bob Seger, Night Moves September 27, 2022
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: Hi Sue! We do offer GAF :-). You can find it on ch...
- Sue: Are you going to get the new channel Great America...
- austinkrueger: No doubt! As much as I adore Superunknown - this o...
- Erik Riedasch: I didn't realize so many other people liked this ...
- Missy Kellor: Hmmmm. Becky, I would reach out to our tech folks ...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums cheap music cheap tunes christmas crafts dvr Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google holiday home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS community giving TDS Fiber TDS giving TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news tech news highlights Thanksgiving travel twitter volunteer