Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
Replying to a scam email and pretending to believe them and do what they’re asking is called scambaiting. Wasting these criminals’ time is seen in many circles to be a form of vigilante justice and there's even a hilarious TED talk devoted to the topic (you've got to watch it!). But should you bait these people? Well, it depends...
Tax fraud is a hot topic in the news and for good reason—tax scams and tax identity theft continue to rise. We've gathered advice from top experts so you can arm yourself with knowledge and stay safe this tax season.
Even the most open and sharing person probably has a few details about themselves they’d like to keep private. That’s why Data Privacy Day is so important—it may not seem like a thrilling holiday, but staying in control over your personal information falls onto a short list of priceless gifts. And, it’s a gift you can give yourself with just a few simple steps.
Our Remote PC Support team has been fielding lots of calls from customers asking what is known as “scareware.” Designed to scare you into action, these real-looking popup windows “warn” you about security vulnerabilities and urge you to call a 1-800 number for help. The thing is, it’s a scam—these popups (see above and below) are NOT from TDS.
With email servers and security being talked about in the media (ad nauseam), you might feel like email can’t entirely be trusted. But is that perception based in reality?
It's Cyber Monday, the day we all head online looking for bargains. Although you may be hoping to catch a good deal, cyber criminals are hoping to catch something even more valuable—your information. Get six tips for shopping online safely today, and all season long.
Thanksgiving is fast approaching—and so is the unofficial kick-off to the holiday shopping season. Stores are preparing for the onslaught of traffic and so are criminals. Look out for two new phishing scams and follow five best practices to keep your personal information safe.
New research by the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) reveals we feel a lot more cyber safe than we actually are. In fact, last year, one in five American homes were notified of a data breach (with half of those receiving more than one!)…but yet 79 percent still feel safe! How can you close the gap between how safe you feel and how safe you really are? We've got some easy things you can do.
If you take those Facebook quizzes be warned: you’re basically purchasing an automatically generated joke about you and your friends and pay by allowing them access to your friend list and Facebook wall—including all your past, current and future posts. And on top of that, you pay with knowledge about all your friends too, but without asking them for permission. A good deal? Well, maybe and maybe not.
Smart homes might be right around the corner, but are you and your neighbors really ready for them? While research shows the demand for Internet of Things (IoT) devices is likely to skyrocket over the next few years, the security implications of the IoT aren’t so rosy. Current online threats will become much closer to home as more people use IoT devices to “smarten” up their houses, and new security challenges are sure to emerge.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Streaming Tunes Tuesday: The Tokens November 22, 2022
- Where to watch the US Men’s Soccer at FIFA World Cup Qatar? November 21, 2022
- California customers invited to virtual public hearings on quality of services November 21, 2022
- How can I watch my show? November 19, 2022
- Catch the HBO & Cinemax free preview November 22-29! November 16, 2022
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Bonnie: I love GAC! I just recently transferred from Hallm...
- How To Check And Change Your Canon Printer’s PSK Settings – LEMP: […] It could be that the machine is unable t...
- austinkrueger: I'll definitely do that! Thanks for reading and c...
- Tina Whyte: Hey, I agree Sturgill is one of a kind. My favorit...
- Missy Kellor: Hi Sue! We do offer GAF :-). You can find it on ch...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums cheap music cheap tunes christmas crafts dvr Facebook fcc Featured f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google holiday home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS giving TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving travel TV twitter volunteer