Archive | Online LifeRSS feed for this section
Today, a “hangout” has a whole new meaning that doesn’t necessarily involve getting together in the same room. If you have friends or family that can’t come to your home for a party, let them hangout with you via a live computer feed during your next gathering.
This week: get 12 days of free stuff from iTunes starting Dec. 26th, put down your camera so you'll remember better, and Target creates a new Pinterest-powered shop. Also, you won't have to give Gmail permission to load images anymore, check out the trailer for The Room 2 iPad app, and find out the best way to complete your Disney Infinity set. Oh, and check out some awesome new family car decals (there are tribbles involved!).
Welcome to the first installment of “Seen on Pinterest,” a bi-monthly roundup of our favorite pins and posts from around the interwebs. We’re happy pinners here at TDS and there’s no better time to start a new series full of pretty pictures than the time of year when your newsfeed is filled to the brim with holiday toys and treats. Our first column highlights great goodies to gift or greet guests with at your next holiday soiree. From savory to sweet to spirits, there’s something here for everyone on your list.
For many, understanding the differences between Internet networks can be confusing. There’s 3G, 4G, and at TDS we talk about 10G. Because the names are similar it seems like you might be comparing apples-to-apples. Unfortunately, it’s not that simple. In fact, because the “G” means different things in both industries, it’s like comparing apples to oranges (maybe bananas).
Thanksgiving means many different things for many different people, but in our home it has always meant giving thanks for the blessings we have. This year, I am thankful for the 60 years I had with my mom and am reminded that she always thought of others before herself. I decided to start a new tradition of giving to others in honor of my mom and am committing to doing at least one random act of kindness per day. I've gathered a list of 60 kind and giving acts (that don't cost a lot of money or even require much effort) that anyone can do any day, not just on Thanksgiving.
As we told you last week, to make 20-30 holiday treats each year it takes quite a bit of planning. Last weekend, Melynn (TDS employee and "Cookie Queen") got started and measured the ingredients for all her recipes in advance (and we've got the photos to prove it). Starting this weekend, Melynn kicks off her baking and she's sharing two of her favorite recipes with you.
I am not stepping in a store on Black Friday this year. Don’t keel over in shock—I’m sure you think as a Savvy Spender that I would be the first in line to get into Target, Wal-Mart, etc. for the great deals. And in past years, that’s always been my strategy for holiday shopping. But, the hype of Black Friday doesn’t exist anymore—and the great deals are now starting well before Black Friday. To get them all, you'll need a plan.
This week: Catch up using the Ketchupp app, Apple releases new devices and new software, read two reviews of the Fitbit Force, hear rumors about YouTube and XBox One, and check out what might the smartest smart lock around. If that's not enough, take a peek at some innovative origami-inspired fast food packaging and some scary Google Map sightings.
With new social media popping up all the time, it can be hard to keep up. Lynea tells you what you need to know so you can be in the know.
I went to the geekiest dads I know and asked them what they’d love to get for Father’s Day this… more...
- Clever tax scam for 2018 is a new twist on an old favorite February 22, 2018
- Report: Your smart TV could get hacked, if not protected February 21, 2018
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday February 20, 2018
- Lady Bird, Coco, Darkest Hour and Three Billboards coming to TDS TV on Demand February 19, 2018
- Welcome to the Year of the Dog! February 16, 2018
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Austin: Ha! That's a good one. It will be fun to see how ...
- Cheryl McCollum: The upgrades are expected to be done in early 2019...
- Cheryl McCollum: Yes, your address is in the upgrade area. Phase on...
- Mike: Can we get an update on the Craig County, VA broad...
- Austin constant: How about 1013 co. Rd. 461 Englewood, tn...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars dvr Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (170)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (45)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (233)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (108)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (87)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (312)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (14)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (31)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)