Archive | Online LifeRSS feed for this section
This week: virtual reality headsets hit the market, some for $200 and some for $25 or less (and made of cardboard), your shaky camera footage is as good as a fingerprint, and find out out what's streaming in 4K on Amazon Prime. Also, check out some artificial skin that can actually feel, find out which state is rolling out a driver's license mobile app, and more.
Imagine an artist that makes every album so drastically different, you can put every album release into an entirely different musical category. Today’s featured artist has a very assorted catalog, and the album I’ll highlight fits perfectly in the sea of diversity.
The roster of new movies is not large this week, but it contains one of the year’s best - Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy.” Also, watch for the conclusion of several television staples, including “Sons of Anarchy,” “The Newsroom” and “White Collar.”
This week: get Girl Scout cookies online (really!), Google's "captchas" are mostly going away, and don't do what Sony Pictures did. Also this week, check out some innovative wireless Christmas lights, find out which video "broke" YouTube's view counter, rent an ugly sweater, and more.
Once in a great while you hear a new artist—and instantly you know they’re going to be a success. Sometimes you can’t put a finger on why; maybe they have a great voice, unparalleled songwriting or maybe a sound totally unique to the era. I’ve seen many up-and-coming bands never quite reach the top, but that certainly isn’t the case for today’s featured artist as I’m not sure you’ll find a better vocalist out there.
when Starbucks comes out with red cups and it's officially "okay" again to order a Peppermint Mocha, it's hard not to get just a wee bit excited. But who should limit the minty goodness to just coffee? From sugar scrubs to cocoa to holiday ornaments, here are our favorite ways to keep the peppermint love going all season long.
I’m not sure there are many folks out there who haven’t already heard this album, or at least a few tracks off it. The title track still sees radio play today, as well as ‘Bennie and the Jets’. I’m not sure I detect much of a theme from my few listens recently, other than it listens like a movie. It’s like a nostalgic reflection of the times and told in the signature theatrical Elton John style. This is priced out .99 cents higher than my normal albums, but even at $5.99—it’s worth the price of admission.
Before Black Friday and Cyber Monday there is the mad scramble to assemble the shopping list. If you’re like me, you’ve got a few people you still need gift ideas for. No worries, I’ve got you covered—and not with ideas that’ll break the bank (yes, I’m looking at you, Oprah). I asked 200 of my friends to share what’s on their wish list (or what’s on their kids’!). Mixing their ideas with my own, here is THE 2014 gift guide (and even a little advice thrown in there for good measure) for everyone (even non millionaires!):
We received so many positive comments and notes about TDS President & CEO Dave Wittwer's Turkey Stuffing recipe last year, Dave is sharing another family favorite—just in time for Thanksgiving. Give Dave's sister's sweet potato casserole recipe a try!
The Beach Boys are still active to this day, and they have sold a ton of records. I won’t go into all the acclaim Pet Sounds has out there, but would encourage you to look it up someday. The accolades for this album’s production and how it changed the face of popular music is staggering. I think on first listen, you might think it's an album that’s just sort of background music. But if you sit down and really listen to what was accomplished on this record, I completely understand the praise.
- How to make every day Earth Day April 20, 2018
- Experience TDS Fiber at the new Tim O’Brien model home April 19, 2018
- Look before you log in April 18, 2018
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday April 17, 2018
- The Post, Maze Runner and Paddington coming to TDS TV on Demand April 16, 2018
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Look before you log in | TDS Home: […] really just a twist on a phishing scam a...
- Look before you log in | TDS Home: […] you think you fell for a scam, we recomm...
- Raymond: Agree. Seriously, I do wish you would provide an a...
- FTC warns: new variation on tech support scams | TDS Home: […] case, scammers pretend to be a legitimat...
- Cheryl McCollum: Rich, Would you provide me your e-mail address and...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars dvr Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (177)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (14)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (46)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (265)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (15)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (115)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (87)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (319)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (15)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (32)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)