Archive | Online LifeRSS feed for this section
In this weekly installment of Cheap Tunes Tuesday, we move to another very famous band—this one hailing from Dublin, Ireland. Some of you may only know the lead singer for his humanitarian efforts around the world, others may only know him and his band for their pretty epic tunes from the mid-70s to today. I am talking about Bono, U2, and their 1987 effort, The Joshua Tree.
It may be only August, but the days are already shorter than they were at summer’s peak, and the nights… more...
What's hot on the tech blogs this week: Windows 9 coming next month, Google's new Music Key streaming service, and prices drop on iPhone 5s (so the 6s must really be coming!). Check out some new gadgets including a smartphone attachment that will monitor your heart rhythms, a new type of 3D printer that could cost less to run, and a hypnotic "desk toy" for the modern age. If the new Swing Copters is driving you nuts, take a minute to watch some videos of retro video games that might just make you smile if you once owned or played on an an Apple II.
My filmmaking team and I are working on our first feature length film, titled The Princess Knight! It is exciting, it is fun and it is an extremely difficult process, for a few reasons. For one, this is still an all-volunteer project. The bigger issue, though, is our cast. Every one of them needs at least 1 if not 2 people helping them out at all times, and when you have 5-6 of them on frame at any given time, it makes it difficult to find enough people just to help out. It is very challenging. Did I mention that The Princess Knight is a puppet movie?
Amazon has graciously discounted select albums each week down to $5 dollars. A price so low, even if you make a hasty purchase and aren’t a fan, you aren’t left feeling like you lost your puppy. This week, in case you’re the type of person that likes to be referred to new music, or maybe the type that simply forgets about the classics, you should check out an album that changed music history: In Utero
It's well known that one of the best ways to start the day is with a healthy breakfast. But as the lazy days of summer draw to a close, our leisurely mornings grow fewer and further between. Try these healthy make-ahead options to start your morning on a good note.
We're big fans of spending time outdoors when the weather is warm, but there are some days when it's simply too hot, too buggy, or too stormy to venture outside. On those days, we turn to Pinterest for DIY inspiration. There's always a craft project waiting around the corner, and this week's Seen on Pinterest tracks of a few of our favorite do-it-yourself and popular home goods hacks. Most of these crafts are suitable for teenagers and adults, or older children with parental supervision.
The problem with 911 emergency services and cell phones (in other words, why you should keep your landline)
Last week some startling news hit—as many as 90% of the 911 cell calls made in Washington D.C. are missing key bits of information that allow users to be pinpointed on a map. Get the details.
Whatever happened to the aisles and aisles of computer games you used to see at big-box electronics and specialty stores? Sure, stores still stock a large number of games for consoles like Xbox and Playstation, but Windows and Mac users are lucky to find more than a single shelf. That's not because everybody is too busy playing Candy Crush on their phones—computer gaming is still a $25 billion industry. So, where are all the games?
Seen on Pinterest is back and ready to help you plan out the rest of your summer shindigs with these sweet treats perfect for hot summer nights, backyard barbecues or lazy days by the lake.
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday January 23, 2018
- Finger-food recipes for game day January 22, 2018
- Critically-acclaimed new films coming to TDS TV on Demand January 22, 2018
- Paying your bill online just got easier January 19, 2018
- Spike rebranding as Paramount Network January 17, 2018
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: You're so right! (doh!) I'll make the addition a...
- Sonia: WCVB is superior to WMUR. I vote to bring WCVB bac...
- Neil Traubenberg: You don't say where this technology suite is loca...
- Liz: I agree with the others' comments - this is a ter...
- Craig: NH Loss of WCVB Channel 5... To all NH TDS cust...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars dvr Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (166)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (44)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (230)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (106)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (87)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (308)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (14)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (30)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)