About Missy KellorMissy works on the Corporate Communications team and reports stories to TDS employees and customers. This is right up her alley because she’s an extrovert and also a big fan of research (really, she’ll look up just about anything that strikes her interest). Missy is a native of Madison, Wis. with an undergraduate in Anthropology and a master’s degree in Life Sciences Journalism from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Her interest in the Internet as a mass media shaped her work towards a PhD in Journalism and Mass Communications. She’s also worked as an editorial assistant, copywriter, and production artist. In her off hours, Missy is a crafter, Pinterest addict, reader, wife, and mom of two kids. You can find Missy on G+ and on Twitter.
Wow—you guys didn’t waste any time, did you? It’s been only two weeks since we signed the paperwork to become the proud owners of the Sun Prairie Utility telecommunications’ assets. Yet, we already get to say congratulations to THREE neighborhoods!
This week: an updated Messenger is coming, Zelda's coming to your pocket, everyone's wondering how WannaCry hackers are going to get their money, and the iPad Mini may be going the way of the Dodo. Also, check out: new trailers for some geeky shows, an alarm your teenager needs, and get the scoop on the latest from Google and Amazon.
Caller ID is a brilliant piece of technology that lets you see who is calling before you pick up. (Seriously, who hasn’t used it to avoid a call from a telemarketer?) But, here’s what you might not know: the information displayed on Caller ID can be faked. Scammers spoof the information that appears on your phone’s display to trick you into thinking someone important is calling.
This week: New Amazon Echos (which are taking over the world, BTW), self-healing roads, a new way to give your kids their allowance, and a wearable that might make you cry.
We all hate fake news, but in today's world it can be really hard to tell what's real from what's not. A sensational and oh-so-real-seeming false story can go viral in seconds. Using Facebook’s tips as a starting point, we pooled advice for spotting fake news so you can be a critical news consumer.
It’s almost here—Mother's Day 2017! Even though it's just a few days away don’t worry—I, along with my fellow moms, have you covered. We chatted in person and over social to come up with a bunch of gift ideas to help you out. This is what we want most for the one day a year that's all about us.
Don't declare books dead yet--like the real print kind. Elon Musk introduces ANOTHER new transportation idea, MIT beats Fitbit for accuracy, Apple watches are popping, Canada wins May 4th, plus some nerd news you might enjoy this Friday afternoon.
A lot has happened since February since we announced our desire to purchase the Sun Prairie municipal broadband utility. First… more...
This week: Amazon introduces a new camera to tell you if your outfit stinks, researches have developed an artificial womb (!!), and there is finally a flying car....of a sort. Also, check out Nintendo's surprise new device, and be sure to try out Pinterest's new feature.
Just in time for the start of trout fishing season, The World Fishing Network is now part of the TDS TV Sports Tier! World Fishing Network covers fishing instruction, tips, tournaments, travel, recipes, boating, and more—including programming for any outdoor enthusiast. Find out more about the 125 (!!) shows they offer and how to sign up for the Sports Tier.
- TDS Telecom to improve broadband in Craig County, Va. May 23, 2017
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday May 23, 2017
- THREE Sun Prairie neighborhoods already made goal! May 22, 2017
- Weekly tech news roundup May 19, 2017
- Alert: Caller ID spoofing still a popular scam May 18, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Cheryl McCollum: Judith, Yes, Cherokee County is on our list of pla...
- Judith Lay: Cherokee County, Alabama could certainly use some ...
- Erik Riedasch: Nice review. I have been hearing a lot about this...
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday | TDS Home: […] friend told me about them after seeing t...
- Missy Kellor: Joanne, take a look at the very top of the column ...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes crafts Dancing with the Stars Dr. Who dvr fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Gotham home decor Homeland House of Cards Internet Longmire mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest Sleepy Hollow TDS TDS charity TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (136)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (6)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (182)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (89)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (74)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (276)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (1)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (26)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)