About Missy KellorMissy works on the Corporate Communications team and reports stories to TDS employees and customers. This is right up her alley because she’s an extrovert and also a big fan of research (really, she’ll look up just about anything that strikes her interest). Missy is a native of Madison, Wis. with an undergraduate in Anthropology and a master’s degree in Life Sciences Journalism from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Her interest in the Internet as a mass media shaped her work towards a PhD in Journalism and Mass Communications. She’s also worked as an editorial assistant, copywriter, and production artist. In her off hours, Missy is a crafter, Pinterest addict, reader, wife, and mom of two kids. You can find Missy on G+ and on Twitter.
Last month’s WannaCry ransomware attack took the world by storm, making lots (and lots and lots) of people want to cry. While that particular attack has now come and gone, ransomware as type of malicious software isn’t going anywhere. Fortunately, there are four simple and consistent things you can do to be less vulnerable to ransomware.
If you’re tired of constantly troubleshooting your Wi-Fi, give TDS Premium Wi-Fi a try when you call to order new TDS service or add TV to your account. It’s a new way to get the best Wi-Fi experience in every room in your house without the guesswork and troubleshooting.
Get ready to binge watch, TDS TV customers—you now have access to all of ABC’s awesome video on demand catalog! No matter which programming tier you have, ABC content is available to watch 24/7 (no programming the DVR required). Find out how to get started.
We told everyone that nine Sun Prairie, Wis. neighborhoods out of 25 made their registration goal...but by the time it was published, there were actually 12! Clearly you guys move as fast as our 1Gig internet speed :-).
We hate to be the bearer of bad news, but sadly we have no choice. Two channels—Esquire and Universal HD—are being pulled off the air by the programmer. Esquire is going off the air July 1, 2017 (channel 352/1352) and Universal HD is going dark on July 15, 2017 (channel 1182).
This week: a new stretchy TV screen, the drone you've been looking for, new Nintendo offerings, and some pretty amazing workout clothes that puts bacteria to work. Also, check out a new way malware is making it into movie downloads, patent trolls will now have to work harder, and we've got some Friday fun too (if you have some time to spare today!).
Wow—you guys didn’t waste any time, did you? It’s been only two weeks since we signed the paperwork to become the proud owners of the Sun Prairie Utility telecommunications’ assets. Yet, we already get to say congratulations to THREE neighborhoods!
This week: an updated Messenger is coming, Zelda's coming to your pocket, everyone's wondering how WannaCry hackers are going to get their money, and the iPad Mini may be going the way of the Dodo. Also, check out: new trailers for some geeky shows, an alarm your teenager needs, and get the scoop on the latest from Google and Amazon.
Caller ID is a brilliant piece of technology that lets you see who is calling before you pick up. (Seriously, who hasn’t used it to avoid a call from a telemarketer?) But, here’s what you might not know: the information displayed on Caller ID can be faked. Scammers spoof the information that appears on your phone’s display to trick you into thinking someone important is calling.
This week: New Amazon Echos (which are taking over the world, BTW), self-healing roads, a new way to give your kids their allowance, and a wearable that might make you cry.
- Weekly tech news roundup June 23, 2017
- Time is running out! Archive your videos now June 22, 2017
- You’ll wanna cry at the rise in ransomware June 21, 2017
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday June 20, 2017
- TDS sends largest group of volunteers to WPT auction June 16, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- How to protect yourself, and your electronics, when lightning strikes | TDS Home: […] current from reaching your equipment, wh...
- Tina K: Saw them in concert last Thursday with New Kids on...
- Missy Kellor: I wish I knew! My only thought would be to reach o...
- Missy Kellor: Thanks for your comment and tip, Craig!...
- Take the guesswork out of your wireless internet with new Premium Wi-Fi | TDS Home: […] talked about this before, but the streng...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes crafts Dancing with the Stars Dr. Who dvr fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Gotham home decor House of Cards Internet Longmire mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Veep Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (141)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (8)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (186)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (91)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (76)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (282)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (3)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (26)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)