About Austin KruegerAustin works as a cost analyst for TDS Telecom in the Government and Regulatory Affairs team. He has a marketing degree from UW-Whitewater and has worked in various departments including marketing, sales and network services since joining TDS in 2004. He is a huge sports fan – if he’s not at work, odds are you can find him at Miller Park, Lambeau Field, Camp Randall or the Kohl Center watching the game. In his spare time, he’s chairman of a local non-profit, avid music fan, rec sports MVP and an early adopter when it comes to most new technologies.
This week’s segment tunes into some cool ocean breezes, a laid-back vibe, and an overall feeling of simpler, easier times. Some might call it folk rock, indie pop or a generic soft rock – but I prefer to think of it as island music, or maybe shorten that even to just surf – because it reminds me of the place where our featured artist is from, and that’s Hawaii.
In this weekly installment of Cheap Tunes Tuesday, we move to another very famous band—this one hailing from Dublin, Ireland. Some of you may only know the lead singer for his humanitarian efforts around the world, others may only know him and his band for their pretty epic tunes from the mid-70s to today. I am talking about Bono, U2, and their 1987 effort, The Joshua Tree.
Amazon has graciously discounted select albums each week down to $5 dollars. A price so low, even if you make a hasty purchase and aren’t a fan, you aren’t left feeling like you lost your puppy. This week, in case you’re the type of person that likes to be referred to new music, or maybe the type that simply forgets about the classics, you should check out an album that changed music history: In Utero
Every year, TDS puts on a golf event to benefit local charities. This year the TDS Open was as fun as ever, but the best part was the $30,000 raised for two worthy organizations. Find out more about the event and what the donation means for one of the charities.
Everyone loves taking a vacation. No matter if it’s a flight to Orlando or Hawaii, there is always something to look forward to…but getting there can be a bit boring. You have a myriad of options in getting in-flight entertainment, and personally, I enjoy knocking out a couple movies on my “to watch” list when I travel. Here are a couple of great ways to watch what you want, no matter where you are:
TDS has been a proud sponsor of Tri 4 Schools (T4S) since 2011. T4S is a non-profit based in the Madison, Wis. area that puts on athletic events for kids ages 3-17. Last Saturday marked the final event of the season—a youth mud run—and TDS was proud to be there and help volunteers and watch the action.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Winter weather emergency tips from the FTC February 24, 2021
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Bad Bunny February 23, 2021
- A field service tech’s simple act of kindness February 19, 2021
- Ice and snow impacts to TDS communities February 18, 2021
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Carrie Underwood February 16, 2021
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Allison presents “Yet Another Hallmark Christmas Movie” | Allison M.: […] that aired last weekend on NPR about Hal...
- Missy Kellor: Hi Elmer. Please reach out to our repair team and ...
- Elmer jackson: What has happened to my on screen caller I’d. It...
- Austin: Thanks for reading Matt! Appreciate the kind words...
- Austin: Thanks for reading! If you have suggestions for ot...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Dancing with the Stars Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Madison Mallards online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving The Flash travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead