Archive | Tech TipsRSS feed for this section
Wireless internet lets you watch or browse from anywhere…as long as your Wi-Fi network works well. Because Wi-Fi depends on radio waves from your wireless modem, anything that or blocks or interferes with those waves could mean trouble for your connection. We’ve gathered some common causes for wireless network struggles and what you can do to resolve them.
While most of us are happy to be rid of winter’s chill, spring and summer aren’t all sunshine and roses—severe weather often comes along with the warmer temps. Even if you're well-familiar with storms, it's worth taking a few moments to refresh your memory about best practices to keep you, your family, and your property safe.
Yesterday we told how to de-grime your computer and get the outside clean, but chances are it could use some virtual cleaning as well. We have gathered some best practices from across the web to help you get (or regain) control and stay in control over your files and your information (and probably even save you some hard drive space, to boot!)
If your screen is smudgy (no, that’s not a bad pixel—it’s piece of dirt), your mouse is misbehaving, and your keyboard has enough crumbs in it to make a decent snack, odds are that your computer could use some love. We’ve gathered all the information you need to get your computer in shipshape, going from the outside in.
Tax fraud is a hot topic in the news and for good reason—tax scams and tax identity theft continue to rise. We've gathered advice from top experts so you can arm yourself with knowledge and stay safe this tax season.
Even the most open and sharing person probably has a few details about themselves they’d like to keep private. That’s why Data Privacy Day is so important—it may not seem like a thrilling holiday, but staying in control over your personal information falls onto a short list of priceless gifts. And, it’s a gift you can give yourself with just a few simple steps.
Our Remote PC Support team has been fielding lots of calls from customers asking what is known as “scareware.” Designed to scare you into action, these real-looking popup windows “warn” you about security vulnerabilities and urge you to call a 1-800 number for help. The thing is, it’s a scam—these popups (see above and below) are NOT from TDS.
With email servers and security being talked about in the media (ad nauseam), you might feel like email can’t entirely be trusted. But is that perception based in reality?
It's Cyber Monday, the day we all head online looking for bargains. Although you may be hoping to catch a good deal, cyber criminals are hoping to catch something even more valuable—your information. Get six tips for shopping online safely today, and all season long.
The spaghetti-like tangle of disorganized cords behind your TV or under your desk could be scarier than your Halloween decorations. Tame that frightening mess with these easy ideas to hide, label, control, or store your cords.
- It’s time to review your privacy settings on Twitter June 28, 2017
- New movies coming to TDS TV on Demand June 26, 2017
- Weekly tech news roundup June 23, 2017
- Time is running out! Archive your videos now June 22, 2017
- You’ll wanna cry at the rise in ransomware June 21, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- How to protect yourself, and your electronics, when lightning strikes | TDS Home: […] current from reaching your equipment, wh...
- Tina K: Saw them in concert last Thursday with New Kids on...
- Missy Kellor: I wish I knew! My only thought would be to reach o...
- Missy Kellor: Thanks for your comment and tip, Craig!...
- Take the guesswork out of your wireless internet with new Premium Wi-Fi | TDS Home: […] talked about this before, but the streng...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes crafts Dancing with the Stars Dr. Who dvr fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Gotham home decor House of Cards Internet Longmire mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Veep Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (141)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (10)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (187)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (92)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (76)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (282)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (3)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (26)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)