Tag Archives | Sun outages
Twice a year, all television customers (not just TDS TV customers) may experience some degree of television interference due to sun outages. This fall, that window is expected to start around October 5 and last until around the 13th. What are sun outages? Get the scoop.
Twice a year, all television customers (not just TDS TV customers) may experience some degree of television interference due to sun outages. This spring, the solar satellite interference is expected from about February 25 until March 12. What are sun outages? Click to read more.
It's that time of year again—sun outages are back. Twice a year, all television customers may experience some degree of television interference due to sun outages. This fall, the solar satellite interference are expected from Oct. 4-14, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The potential for sun outages is coming. Twice a year, all television customers all across the U.S. may experience some degree of TV interference due to sun outages. This spring, the solar interference is expected between Feb. 26-March 8, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Find out more about this solar phenomenon.
So what the heck is a sun outage? Well, for about two weeks each spring and fall, cable companies experience a technical phenomenon in which the sun causes "solar interference" to all geostationary satellite signals. Unfortunately, there is technically nothing we can do to prevent sun outages from occurring, but we'll tell you when they might happen.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- It’s the perfect season for a security refresher October 16, 2019
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Godsmack October 15, 2019
- How much TDS Fiber speed do you need? October 10, 2019
- South Eastern Wis. TDS TV customers: potential for signal disruption through October 18 October 9, 2019
- Spiders, Toys, and Lions now on TDS TV On Demand October 7, 2019
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: Yay! We're so glad to hear you're enjoying your ...
- Amanda Yount: Will TDS continue to put a smile on my face? ...
- Missy Kellor: I reached out to our Marketing team who assured me...
- Alvin Thompson: Already registered - Am I in the drawing....
- Missy Kellor: Hi Brenda. Customers can add the Sports Tier (with...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead