Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
Do you know a Facebook scam when you see one? We've got four scams you should keep an eye out for so you can stay connected to your friends...not scam artists.
Today is International Data Privacy Day. While this might not be a holiday you’ll celebrate “Pinterest style” with a color-coordinated candy buffet or handmade cut-out cookies, it doesn’t mean it’s not important. In fact, it could be one of the most important holidays of the year.
Customers are receiving emails which appear to be from TDS asking for account information. These emails are NOT from TDS and are a phishing attempt.
Our Remote PC Support team is getting reports of a new kind of malware making the rounds on the Internet you need to know about. Find out what the scam looks like, what victims are being told, and how to fix it.
In the past 24 hours many media outlets have reported on how a Russian organized crime syndicate has accumulated over one billion user credentials (usernames, emails, passwords). While this news is still developing, it is not a reason to panic, but it is a great reason to revisit secure computing practices. We've got six tips for you.
Have you seen it? The email that TDS is expanding your email quota? DELETE it! It’s a scam.
If you use Google Chrome, you should know about the important new security updates and controls included in the newest… more...
If you don’t subscribe to TDS Internet Security or have Internet security software on your pc, you should really give it some thought—and not just because we sell it. Here’s why: The SANS Institute estimates that a new, unprotected computer connected to the Internet will be compromised in less than 3 days.
We’re hearing that a few of our customers have received phishing phone calls (otherwise known as voice phishing or “vishing”). Most people know about phishing over email or pop-up message, but not everyone knows about vishing.
At the end of last week Twitter announced it had been attacked by hackers and that up to 250,000 accounts… more...
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- TDS bringing 1Gig broadband to Idaho May 16, 2019
- Making a network ready May 14, 2019
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Chris Stapleton May 14, 2019
- FCC: Get a one-ring call? Don’t call back May 13, 2019
- Movies to watch with mom on Mother’s Day May 10, 2019
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: Hi Sarah, it will hold up to 400 hours (depending...
- Sarah Schiltz: How many hours of recording does my DVR hold?...
- Missy Kellor: Hi Beth! I did some experimenting with my own ...
- Beth Hellenbrand: I have lost the checkbox to the left of flag icon ...
- Kris Prusynski: Or at least our sinuses!...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead