Tag Archives | $5 albums
Living in the Midwest, when someone mentions a trip to Chicago, it conjures up thoughts of deep dish pizza, outstanding hot dogs, major sports rivalries, and entirely too much traffic. Rarely do most associate specific bands with the Windy City (with the exception of the Blues Brothers), since arguably the biggest act to come out of Illinois is a solo artist by the name of Kanye West. Today’s band maybe isn’t up there with the greatest acts of all time for many, but perhaps they should be.
Gnarls Barclay's debut album was recorded over the course of 2005 and was released in April of 2006. St. Elsewhere almost immediately received universal acclaim and intrigue. Backed by the immense popularity of the single ‘Crazy’, the album sold over a million copies in the first year alone. If you listen you'll realize it goes from gospel to alt rock to soul to R&B. It’s absolutely unique, but incredibly well done—and worth your $5 today.
This is a slam-dunk album at $5 bucks. There are at least four major singles I can guarantee you’ll sing along with today, even if you were born 20 years ago. This type of music defined a decade, and Bon Jovi was at the forefront of that.
What if I told you there was a band that formed in 1988, but you never heard of them until two decades later? I’m guessing the biggest music fans out there would argue that’s impossible. And maybe for the die-hards out there, you won’t be as surprised by today’s band. But twenty years of not much recognition, followed by ten years of lots of albums sales and various hiatuses, they’re now one of the most recognizable names in pop music.
TDS Connect Blog
Learn more about how TDS can keep you connected in the home with Internet, TV, TDS Fiber, DVR and phone services and solutions.
- Black History Month 2020: African Americans and the Vote February 13, 2020
- FTC: True love doesn’t ask for money February 12, 2020
- Travel Tuesday: Best Madison, Wis. Staycations February 11, 2020
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday: Traveling Wilburys February 11, 2020
- 2020 Oscar predictions! February 6, 2020
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood December 20, 2018
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Dolores Smudde: Beware also of callers saying that you have a char...
- Missy Kellor: Jefferson isn't currently on our fiber road map, ...
- eric retzlaff: Do u have any plans on co.ing to the Jefferson are...
- Dennus Fitzsimmons: Date it this way: 29jan2020...
- Missy Kellor: Susan, if your DVR and set-top boxes aren't worki...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes christmas Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire online shopping Outlander passwords phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere TDS TV on demand tech news Thanksgiving travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead