We’re edging right into the proper start of summer, just weeks, if not days, away from beaches and bathing suits. Whether you’re the type to rock a one-piece or you proudly flaunt that itty bitty polka dot bikini, these next few weeks are nothing if not “crunch time” (literally) for getting a beach bod. We know that getting ready isn’t just about what you eat, but about a holistic approach to whole health – diet, exercise, and yes, sleep.
With this in mind, we took to Pinterest to find the best ways to get in summer shape, and captured a few of our favorite exercises, recipes, and healthy living tips. Here’s what we found:
- Mexican chicken in avocado “cups” look … delish.
- 41 Paleo breakfasts that aren’t eggs. Thank goodness.
- Swap carbs for cauliflower. It’s more delicious than you think.
- Roasted bananas with chocolate chips and cinnamon – a delicious, yet low-calorie dessert.
- Spiralized zucchini pasta is a no-carb treat!
- Get your meatless Monday fix with these veggie hummus sandwiches on whole wheat bread.
- Burn fat and build muscle with this easy plyo bikini workout.
- Try this 40-minute at-home barre workout for long, lean muscles.
- Swim just 1200 yards for a full-body, low-impact workout.
- Anyone can try this beginner treadmill workout – you can even try it in your neighborhood if you don’t have a treadmill!
- How much sleep do you really need? It varies by age, says the National Sleep Foundation.
- Drink up! Here’s how water helps your body.
- Relieve stress. Here’s how to meditate properly.
- Start your day right with a 20-minute yoga sequence in the comfort of your bedroom.