There are a lot of websites out there that promise to pay your bills on your behalf. In theory these services are a big time saver. In reality though, things might not go quite so smoothly.
Lately we’ve heard from a number of customers who have used a third-party bill payment site to pay their TDS bill—but the funds don’t arrive to us on time. These customers then call us in a panic when they’re notified of late fees and possible disconnection. Adding insult to injury, these sites typically charge between $5-10 per transaction.
We don’t want this to happen to you—and fortunately, it doesn’t have to. We offer many, no or low cost ways to pay your bill:
- TDS ePay. Sign up for TDS ePay and you can make payments online or set up automatic payments for free. It’s available 24/7, and payments are applied in 24-48 hours. You’ll eliminate paper bills and you can pay with your bank account or using a debit/credit card. Here are instructions for enrolling (there’s no time like the present!).
- Check + snail mail. If you like the satisfaction of dropping your bill in the mail, paying this way will only cost you the price of a first-class stamp. Please allow 7-10 business days for your payment to be applied to your account. Payments should be mailed to:
PO Box 94510
Palatine, IL 60094-4510
- Rush payments. Life happens, we get it—that’s why we give you the option of making a rush payment 24/7 online. Payments are applied immediately to your account along with a small fee of $1.95.
- On the phone. You can give us a call at 1-888-CALL-TDS and make a payment immediately over the phone. If you don’t need help, you can use the automated system 24/7. If you need assistance from an advisor, you must call on a weekday between 7am-6pm CST. This payment option comes with a $3.95 fee, however. For your sake, we’d encourage you to use one of the many cheaper options listed when you can.
- eBill. Although it isn’t available everywhere, some financial institutions offer eBill which lets you receive your TDS bill electronically using their bill pay system. Check to see you have the option to enroll. If you can, then all future TDS bills will be delivered to you via your financial institution’s bill pay portal. It’s fast, easy, and you’ll never have to worry about updating credit card information again.
But wait, there’s more!
What we’ve listed here, in our opinion, are the quickest and easiest way to pay your bill with us—but we also have three more payment options listed on our website.
Still need help? Feel free to give us a call at 1-888-CALL-TDS to speak with an advisor.