In honor of Father’s Day, we’re sharing the finest fatherly humor from our very own associate forum known as Dad Jokes.
For those unfamiliar with so-called dad jokes, they are riddles or statements that involve a silly quip or a deliberate misinterpretation of language sure to make a person roll their eyes or groan out loud when they hear it. The joke is usually short, typically a pun, and generally inoffensive.
One of our own network specialists started the Dad Jokes forum at TDS in 2017. The group now has hundreds of members.
“I figured everyone loves a good laugh and sometimes that’s just what’s needed to brighten the day a little,” he said, when asked about the driving force behind starting the group. “The page is dedicated to clean, work-appropriate humor.”
As the nation celebrates fathers and father-figures, here are some of the top dad jokes, which we invite you to torture others with share with others:
- How does a cucumber become a pickle? It goes through a jarring experience.
- I’ve never understood people who keep all their money in a checking account that earns no interest. It makes no cents.
- Why did the man fall into the well? He couldn’t see that well.
- Why does Sherlock Holmes love Mexican restaurants? They give him good case ideas.
- What’s the difference between a camera and a sock? A camera takes photos and a sock takes five toes.
- Why are dad jokes the best way to get into a locked house? Because they are a little door-key.
- Sadly, my inflatable house was punctured last night. Now I’m living in a flat.
- Why can’t you tell twin octopuses apart? They are i-tentacle!
- Dad, why is that book so thick? Well, it’s a long story.
- My wife asked me if I ate her ice cream in the freezer. I said “nope, I ate it in the TV room.”
- My wife: You need to do more chores around the house.
Me: Can we change the subject?
My wife: OK. More chores around the house need to be done by you.
- I remember a time when plastic surgery was a taboo subject, but nowadays when you mention Botox, nobody even raises an eyebrow.
- When does a joke turn into a dad joke? When it becomes apparent!
“We salute all fathers, grandfathers and father figures this Father’s Day,” said Kit Beyer, director of external affairs and communications. TDS is proud to offer its associates opportunities to develop smaller communities within the larger company. It is one of the reasons we have been recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Wisconsin State Journal for the past two years.
Remember, there’s a difference between bad jokes and dad jokes. And that difference is the first letter.