January 1st brings a feeling of excitement for many people—after all, “new year, new you” right?
The beginning of a new year is a great time set new goals and work towards building a better life, but self-improvement doesn’t stop there. You have to keep putting in effort and working towards those goals if you really want to see a “new you” come December 31st.
One of my favorite ways to work on personal development is listening to inspirational podcasts. Whether I’m driving to work, folding laundry, or washing dishes, listening to podcasts helps me learn and grow without taking up extra time in my already busy schedule—that’s a win-win in my book.
Check out these podcasts for some advice and motivation to help turn your New Year’s resolutions into reality this year:
- Happier – Happier is exactly what it sounds like—a podcast about happiness. Gretchen Rubin, bestselling author of The Happiness Project, co-hosts this podcast with her younger sister, Elizabeth Craft. Together, they give practical advice about happiness, human nature, and creating healthy habits.
- Pursuit with Purpose – If you’re on a journey to find deeper meaning in your life, look no further than Pursuit with Purpose. Hosted by entrepreneur Melyssa Griffin, this podcast gives tons of great advice about how to create a life that is purposeful and fulfilling.
- Almost 30 – Despite what the title might suggest, Almost 30 isn’t just a podcast for women in their late twenties—it’s so much more than that. Co-hosts Krista Williams and Lindsey Simcik created this podcast to help people navigate any difficult transition they may face in life. In Almost 30, Krista and Lindsey offer real, unfiltered advice to help you propel yourself into self-growth so you can boldly face transitions in life without being overcome by intimidation.
- Style your Mind – If you’re looking to reinvent yourself this year, then you should definitely check out Style Your Mind. This podcast is hosted Cara Alwill Leyba, a master life coach and bestselling personal development author. Each week, Cara helps inspire women to transform their lives through personal empowerment and intentionality.
- Raw Milk – Hosted by Beth Kirby—an entrepreneur, educator, author, and highly-successful social media influencer—Raw Milk gives actionable advice on how to build a life and business you love. Not only does Beth give you practical life skills, she also promotes mindfulness and intention so you can find success without being overwhelmed by the process. (For more business-related advice, check out this blog about the Top 5 business podcasts for 2019).
If you want to listen to these podcasts on your computer, just click the link in the titles above. To listen on an iPhone, download the Podcasts app then search for the name of the podcasts you want to check out. To listen on an Android device, head to Google Play and download a podcast app, like Stitcher.
Guest Blogger: August Braun
August is a Communications Intern at TDS Telecom and a journalism student at UW-Madison.
No comments yet.