Thanksgiving means many different things for many different people, but in our home it has always meant giving thanks for the blessings we have. This year, I am thankful for the 60 years I had with my mom and am reminded that she always thought of others before herself. I decided to start a new tradition of giving to others in honor of my mom and am committing to doing at least one random act of kindness per day. I've gathered a list of 60 kind and giving acts (that don't cost a lot of money or even require much effort) that anyone can do any day, not just on Thanksgiving.
This year gamers have to decide who gets their dollars (unless your me and you just buy both—jealous?). Early adopters will have to pick between Sony’s $399 Playstation 4 and Microsoft’s $499 Xbox One. In this post and my next, I’m going to break down my first 48 hours with each to help you decide which system to rush out and buy. First up: the PS4.
As we told you last week, to make 20-30 holiday treats each year it takes quite a bit of planning. Last weekend, Melynn (TDS employee and "Cookie Queen") got started and measured the ingredients for all her recipes in advance (and we've got the photos to prove it). Starting this weekend, Melynn kicks off her baking and she's sharing two of her favorite recipes with you.
I am not stepping in a store on Black Friday this year. Don’t keel over in shock—I’m sure you think as a Savvy Spender that I would be the first in line to get into Target, Wal-Mart, etc. for the great deals. And in past years, that’s always been my strategy for holiday shopping. But, the hype of Black Friday doesn’t exist anymore—and the great deals are now starting well before Black Friday. To get them all, you'll need a plan.
The holiday season is close upon us and soon millions of people around world will be looking to buy the perfect gifts. Many people will choose to shop online in search of a great, deal or to avoid long lines and crowds. Unfortunately, this is also the time unscrupulous websites may attempt to scam you by selling counterfeit products, stealing your credit card information or failing to deliver anything. In this post we will cover some of the dangers of shopping online and ways to protect yourself.
Dave Wittwer, president and CEO of TDS Telecommunications Corp, loves to cook. So, just in time for the holidays, he's sharing one of his family's favorite recipes. Get his mom's stuffing recipe now so you've got time to shop for ingredients before the big day.
A robot invasion, a 50th anniversary, and Oscar-winner Denzel Washington are some of the TV and movie highlights you can… more...
Last year we shared Melynn’s technique for baking an amazing number of cookies for the holidays. Each holiday she makes 20-30 different kinds! How does she do it (and still sleep?), by planning ahead and starting early. She'll be starting her cookie prep this weekend and there's still time to follow along and have 24 different cookies by December 9th (just in time for cookie exchanges, and sharing at work and parties). Plus, Melynn shares a new recipe she's going to try for Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark.
This week new products abound with the release of the new PlayStation 4, Roomba 880 vacuum, and Coin—a device that might change your wallet forever. Also, check out new renderings of Apple's new campus, learn how the iPad got it's iconic design, and get the scoop on the new Netflix interface.
Strong passwords are more likely to keep your account and personal information safe when you're online. The tricky part is using the many recommended password do's and don'ts and remembering your passwords later. There is a way! F-Secure shares a method for creating memorable, strong passwords.
- How to make every day Earth Day April 20, 2018
- Experience TDS Fiber at the new Tim O’Brien model home April 19, 2018
- Look before you log in April 18, 2018
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday April 17, 2018
- The Post, Maze Runner and Paddington coming to TDS TV on Demand April 16, 2018
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Look before you log in | TDS Home: […] really just a twist on a phishing scam a...
- Look before you log in | TDS Home: […] you think you fell for a scam, we recomm...
- Raymond: Agree. Seriously, I do wish you would provide an a...
- FTC warns: new variation on tech support scams | TDS Home: […] case, scammers pretend to be a legitimat...
- Cheryl McCollum: Rich, Would you provide me your e-mail address and...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars dvr Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (177)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (14)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (46)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (265)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (15)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (115)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (87)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (319)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (15)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (32)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)