We may be your local phone and Internet company, but we’re also your advocate in Washington. There are lots of big issues in the telecommunications world that could affect you (and your bill) including rural call completion, retransmission consent, and changes to the universal service fund. Find out about our meetings with almost 20 members of congress and how TDS is working on your behalf.
Don’t be put off by the name—Cyber Security Awareness Month may sound like it’s only for computer nerds and programmers, but it’s also for you too. Creating strong passwords, being aware of malware and phishing, securing your home network, and teaching your children to be digital citizens—these are all key elements to staying safe online. To help you, we've assembled a list of cyber security tips and resources.
Normally when you think of bands, the image of a huge stage and a 4 to 10-member group comes to mind. It’s a rare occurrence to check out a band and come to find out it’s only a duo. Today’s Cheap Tunes Tuesday installment isn’t only just two people making amazing music, but perhaps the best music duo of all time.
This week: leaked images show Fitbit's newest devices, Google announces Lollipop mobile OS, and Apple unveils new iPads (plus a few other goodies). Check out the Kickstarter of the week and MasterCard's new touchless payment credit card coming to a wallet near you in 2015. Also, Lockheed Martin is developing a Mr. Fusion, the earth's magnetic field may be flipping sooner rather than later, and click on over and take a peek at Drunk J. Crew for some Friday Fun.
Yet another massive user ID and password leak. This time it affects about 7 million DropBox users, even if DropBox denies they were hacked. As usual, such a hack means that the data these users have stored in DropBox is in jeopardy. It also means that those who use the same ID and password on many services have much bigger troubles. We have six things we can learn from this most recent alleged hacking incident.
Ladies and gentlemen, from Los Angeles, California—THE DOORS! All the way back in 1965, a couple guys who went to UCLA to study theater and film met up to discuss forming a band. This self-titled album came out on January 4th, 1967 and it was the first album out of nine released by The Doors. It was recorded at Sunset Sound Studios over just six days, with the 11-minute conclusion track ‘The End’ taking two sessions to get just right. It's also today's Cheap Tunes Tuesday album.
Movies on Demand brings a couple of the biggest sci-fi/action films of 2014: "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and Tom Cruise's "Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow," as well as a pair of excellent family films, "Million Dollar Arm" and the charming "Mr. Peabody and Sherman." But, there's also lots to see on TV and we've got some news about the resurrection of a very popular 1990s show.
This week: Tesla unveils an amazing new car with auto-pilot features, HP splits in two, and Snapchat has been hacked (big time). In other news, Apple Pay is coming soon -- really soon, but you should also check out a cool all-in-one credit card coming next year (it appears to be way better than Coin). And believe it or not, there's a big change coming to yard tool technology and, if you need a chuckle, be sure to check out some age prediction software that has produced some hilarious results.
- TDS goes to Washington October 22, 2014
- Cyber Security Awareness Month: reminders, tips, and resources October 21, 2014
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday October 21, 2014
- Seen on Pinterest: Halloween Party Treats October 20, 2014
- Weekly tech news roundup for October 17 October 17, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- What’s Up With My WiFi? July 8, 2013
- Mediaroom 2.3 April 11, 2013
- 11 reasons why landlines are awesome July 1, 2013
- Get organized in 2013 with productivity apps on your phone –a few of my favorites January 11, 2013
- TDS goes to Washington | TDS Home: […] 4. Rural call completion. […]...
- Three Major Brands Hacked Since Oct. 1, 95 Percent of All Bad Links Trigger a Breach | North Fork Vue - North Fork Vue: […] Midway through National Cyber Security A...
- Cyber Security Awareness Month: reminders, tips, and resources | TDS Home: […] Passwords and authentication They may no...
- Justin: I think TDS Has the worse customer service ever th...
- Dee: Man I feel your pain Doug. My neighborhood is begg...
black friday cheap travel corporate giving crafts diy dvr f secure Google Chrome healthy holiday baking holiday cookies holiday gifts How I met your mother identity theft Internet internet security Mediaroom online safety online shopping online tips passwords philanthropy phishing Pinterest recipes recipies Safety savvy spending security seen on pinterest software Storms super bowl TDS TDS TV TDSTV TDS TV everywhere travel travel tips TV tv testers twitter Walking Dead work at home working at home
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (13)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (16)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (18)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (21)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (91)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (3)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (10)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (23)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (22)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (129)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (15)
- TVTesters (RSS) (30)