A new (almost paper thin) TV is revealed, a turtle gets new 3-D printed jaws, and Google says those security questions don't really help. Also, check out some new lighting that acts as an inside GPS, find out what's new with Spotify, and don't miss a bridge made out of paper and a cool article on Wired.
Did you know that TDS serves customers in the bottom of the Grand Canyon? Supai, Arizona is a gorgeous spot rich with natural beauty and culture. We have one employee who goes above...and below...to make sure our customers there always have service.
May is Healthy Vision Month and TDS is celebrating by collecting eyeglasses to help others. The lack of eyeglasses denies children and adults the opportunities for education, employment, and a better quality of life. By donating old glasses, they can be reused by those who need them.
Really good artists can be right under your nose sometimes, but you just never get a chance to hear their music. What if I told you there is a guy who has won three Grammy awards, but there is a strong possibility you’ve never heard of him? Seems strange, but it’s probably true. Today we look at an artist whose popularity spans multiple continents, sold millions of albums—but hasn't quite found his way into the hearts of mainstream America.
A lightning strike can cause a power surge way above what your house is designed to handle. And, one good zap and your laptop or TV could get fried. Find out how to protect your electronics from lightning (and any other power surge).
Google's self-driving car is leaving the test track for some roads in California, check out a Star Trek-inspired "replicator" that does for food what Keurig has done for coffee, and find out about some new self-healing concrete. All this, plus more of the latest tech news from this week!
Debut albums for a band can truly be hit or miss. Sometimes a band is still tinkering with the lineup or even their sound so what you get is a hodgepodge of old stuff written by the lead singer before the band got started. Or, sometimes you’ll get a bunch of random tracks that the band had no time practice but were forced out in the studio. But, every once in a while, you get a debut album that makes music history–although it’s very rare, when it happens, that album becomes music legend.
It’s May, which means network shows are wrapping up. Make sure you check the schedule so you don’t miss your… more...
A scam using something called malicious tagging is making its way around Facebook and other social media sites. The trouble is, it could leave your computer ridden with malware if you aren’t careful.
- Weekly tech news roundup for May 22 May 22, 2015
- How we serve customers at the bottom of the Grand Canyon May 21, 2015
- TDS employees collecting usable eyeglasses for Lions Club May 20, 2015
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday May 19, 2015
- Protect your electronics from lightning May 18, 2015
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- What’s Up With My WiFi? July 8, 2013
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- Mediaroom 2.3 April 11, 2013
- Missy: Hmmmm. I'm not sure what's going on, Bonnie. I w...
- bonnie Kruckenberg: I am trying to change my spam filter setting from ...
- Austin Krueger: Yes, I was going to put something in the post abou...
- Rhonda Hilmershausen: I love Hootie and the Blowfish. However, lead sing...
- Kris: Thanks! It was a ton of fun!...
American Idol Arrow Black Sails Bones christmas crafts diy dvr f secure Glee Gotham Gracepoint healthy House of Cards How I met your mother Internet Longmire Mediaroom mothers day online shopping passwords phishing Pinterest recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest So You Think You Can Dance Storms TDS TDS TV TDS TV everywhere Thanksgiving The Daily Show The Flash The Mindy Project travel TV tv testers twitter Walking Dead White Collar working at home
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (41)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (17)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (19)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (118)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (12)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (3)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (38)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (33)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (159)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (18)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)