TDS employees aren’t done with their giving efforts. Our folks have been out and about in their communities lending a helping hand and donating time and goods. Here are the latest contributions:
- Teaming up to help adults manage their independence, TDS employees donated a plethora of household items to Dane County Independent Living. Donations included everything from brooms to games to candy. The items were boxed up and delivered to the organization to share with their clients.
- Our furry friends weren’t forgotten either. Toys, food, and dozens of jars of peanut butter were packaged up and delivered to the Dane County Humane Society. Thanks to all the generous employees who generously donated items to help our four-pawed friends.
- During the holidays, Baja Broadband employees are filling red totes for Love INC, an organization helping to provide food to school children who do not have any at home. Participating Baja employees filled the bags with non-perishable food and beverages (many of these families do not have utilities at their homes so there is no way to heat or cool the food they have.) Weekly, Love INC uses the donations to prepare about 140 backpacks for children to take home so they have food over the weekend. Employees are also hosting a raffle to raise money for Love INC.
- From Mr. Potato Head to overstuffed Teddy Bears, Barbie dolls, and games galore, Toys for Tots received boxes stuffed with hundreds of toys from TDS employees. Plus, the Holiday Cheer event hosted by Telephone and Data Systems raised $573 for additional toys. Before the U.S. Marine Corps. stopped by to collect all the toys, Clicky made a visit and helped with the sorting.
- Small trees placed throughout TDS offices held wishes from families and children receiving assistance from Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS). Employee donations featured games, toys, socks, pillows, dishes and so much more, plus $200 in gift cards.
- VISI employees are shopping and wrapping to help a couple families in the Twin Cities metro area. They are adopting two families in hopes of helping them create wonderful holiday memories. If the piles of presents are any indication, it’s hard to imagine they won’t!