Tag Archives | good cheap music
Nirvana filmed this landmark performance in a single take, which had never happened before on MTV’s Unplugged. Their set ended with a cover of an old blues song, “Where Did You Sleep Last Night,” which is now regarded by many as one of the greatest single live performances in music history. It’s included on the album, which you can score for only five bucks.
Many of you reading this today are probably located in TDS’ home state of Wisconsin. The list of bands from this state to make it big is short and you could probably count them on one hand. Although it’s rare, today’s band is one of them – and while it may have happened in an unusual fashion, it happened, and the music world is better off for it.
What would you say about a band that in their first six years of existence sold more than 12.5 million digital singles and over 10 million albums in the United States alone? You’d probably tell me those are stats for Taylor Swift or some other major pop music artist. Well in today’s case, not only would you be wrong – but it’s an artist that unless you’re into country music, you may not have even heard of.
There are artists that you can hear one time, and you’re certain they’re going to be a huge success. Sometimes it’s the whole package; sound, looks, personality – they all form into this magnet for attention and success. Today’s artist is unquestionably one of the most successful pop artists of all time, and it was pretty clear that would happen from a young age.
Arcade Fire's Funeral was named Album of the Year and was released to international critical acclaim. Because of the varied instruments, the sound is unlike anything else being made today—the band plays bass guitar, piano, violin, viola, cello, double bass, xylophone, glockenspiel, keyboard, synthesizer, French horn, accordion, harp, mandolin and even a hurdy-gurdy. This kind of laid back sound is not going to be for everyone, but if you look up the various reviews, there is a reason it receives constant 5 stars and 9 out 10s. Take that spare fiver today and give Arcade Fire a chance.
It doesn't happen often, but sometimes musical talent gets passed down from parent to child. That's certainly the case for the lead singer for The Wallflowers—his dad is Bob Dylan. Although Jakob Dylan hasn't blazed a musical trail like his father, Bringing Down the Horse was a staple in the mid-'90s and well worth a listen...especially for only $5.
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday January 23, 2018
- Finger-food recipes for game day January 22, 2018
- Critically-acclaimed new films coming to TDS TV on Demand January 22, 2018
- Paying your bill online just got easier January 19, 2018
- Spike rebranding as Paramount Network January 17, 2018
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: You're so right! (doh!) I'll make the addition a...
- Sonia: WCVB is superior to WMUR. I vote to bring WCVB bac...
- Neil Traubenberg: You don't say where this technology suite is loca...
- Liz: I agree with the others' comments - this is a ter...
- Craig: NH Loss of WCVB Channel 5... To all NH TDS cust...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars dvr Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (166)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (44)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (230)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (106)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (87)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (308)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (14)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (30)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)