Tag Archives | f secure
Replying to a scam email and pretending to believe them and do what they’re asking is called scambaiting. Wasting these criminals’ time is seen in many circles to be a form of vigilante justice and there's even a hilarious TED talk devoted to the topic (you've got to watch it!). But should you bait these people? Well, it depends...
If you take those Facebook quizzes be warned: you’re basically purchasing an automatically generated joke about you and your friends and pay by allowing them access to your friend list and Facebook wall—including all your past, current and future posts. And on top of that, you pay with knowledge about all your friends too, but without asking them for permission. A good deal? Well, maybe and maybe not.
F-Secure, a TDS partner, tells you the three most common pieces of password advice and practices recommended by security experts. Sure, strong passwords are important, but there are other factors you should be considering (and may not be!).
Yet another massive user ID and password leak. This time it affects about 7 million DropBox users, even if DropBox denies they were hacked. As usual, such a hack means that the data these users have stored in DropBox is in jeopardy. It also means that those who use the same ID and password on many services have much bigger troubles. We have six things we can learn from this most recent alleged hacking incident.
There’s a lot of advice out there about passwords – how to generate them, store them, manage them. It’s certainly important to get a grip on your passwords – especially after Heartbleed, possibly the greatest vulnerability in Internet history. But for many of us (myself included), the idea of managing ALL those passwords is overwhelming. Here's a little advice...
Microsoft will end its support for the world’s second most popular operating system today. F-Secure offers seven tips for avoiding trouble if you're going to continue to use Microsoft XP.
- How to make every day Earth Day April 20, 2018
- Experience TDS Fiber at the new Tim O’Brien model home April 19, 2018
- Look before you log in April 18, 2018
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday April 17, 2018
- The Post, Maze Runner and Paddington coming to TDS TV on Demand April 16, 2018
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Look before you log in | TDS Home: […] really just a twist on a phishing scam a...
- Look before you log in | TDS Home: […] you think you fell for a scam, we recomm...
- Raymond: Agree. Seriously, I do wish you would provide an a...
- FTC warns: new variation on tech support scams | TDS Home: […] case, scammers pretend to be a legitimat...
- Cheryl McCollum: Rich, Would you provide me your e-mail address and...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars dvr Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (177)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (14)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (46)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (265)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (15)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (115)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (87)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (319)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (15)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (32)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)