Tag Archives | f secure
Replying to a scam email and pretending to believe them and do what they’re asking is called scambaiting. Wasting these criminals’ time is seen in many circles to be a form of vigilante justice and there's even a hilarious TED talk devoted to the topic (you've got to watch it!). But should you bait these people? Well, it depends...
If you take those Facebook quizzes be warned: you’re basically purchasing an automatically generated joke about you and your friends and pay by allowing them access to your friend list and Facebook wall—including all your past, current and future posts. And on top of that, you pay with knowledge about all your friends too, but without asking them for permission. A good deal? Well, maybe and maybe not.
F-Secure, a TDS partner, tells you the three most common pieces of password advice and practices recommended by security experts. Sure, strong passwords are important, but there are other factors you should be considering (and may not be!).
Yet another massive user ID and password leak. This time it affects about 7 million DropBox users, even if DropBox denies they were hacked. As usual, such a hack means that the data these users have stored in DropBox is in jeopardy. It also means that those who use the same ID and password on many services have much bigger troubles. We have six things we can learn from this most recent alleged hacking incident.
There’s a lot of advice out there about passwords – how to generate them, store them, manage them. It’s certainly important to get a grip on your passwords – especially after Heartbleed, possibly the greatest vulnerability in Internet history. But for many of us (myself included), the idea of managing ALL those passwords is overwhelming. Here's a little advice...
Microsoft will end its support for the world’s second most popular operating system today. F-Secure offers seven tips for avoiding trouble if you're going to continue to use Microsoft XP.
- New movies coming to TDS TV on Demand June 26, 2017
- Weekly tech news roundup June 23, 2017
- Time is running out! Archive your videos now June 22, 2017
- You’ll wanna cry at the rise in ransomware June 21, 2017
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday June 20, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- How to protect yourself, and your electronics, when lightning strikes | TDS Home: […] current from reaching your equipment, wh...
- Tina K: Saw them in concert last Thursday with New Kids on...
- Missy Kellor: I wish I knew! My only thought would be to reach o...
- Missy Kellor: Thanks for your comment and tip, Craig!...
- Take the guesswork out of your wireless internet with new Premium Wi-Fi | TDS Home: […] talked about this before, but the streng...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes crafts Dancing with the Stars Dr. Who dvr fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Gotham home decor House of Cards Internet Longmire mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Veep Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (141)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (8)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (186)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (92)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (76)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (282)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (3)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (26)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)