Tag Archives | f secure
Replying to a scam email and pretending to believe them and do what they’re asking is called scambaiting. Wasting these criminals’ time is seen in many circles to be a form of vigilante justice and there's even a hilarious TED talk devoted to the topic (you've got to watch it!). But should you bait these people? Well, it depends...
If you take those Facebook quizzes be warned: you’re basically purchasing an automatically generated joke about you and your friends and pay by allowing them access to your friend list and Facebook wall—including all your past, current and future posts. And on top of that, you pay with knowledge about all your friends too, but without asking them for permission. A good deal? Well, maybe and maybe not.
F-Secure, a TDS partner, tells you the three most common pieces of password advice and practices recommended by security experts. Sure, strong passwords are important, but there are other factors you should be considering (and may not be!).
Yet another massive user ID and password leak. This time it affects about 7 million DropBox users, even if DropBox denies they were hacked. As usual, such a hack means that the data these users have stored in DropBox is in jeopardy. It also means that those who use the same ID and password on many services have much bigger troubles. We have six things we can learn from this most recent alleged hacking incident.
There’s a lot of advice out there about passwords – how to generate them, store them, manage them. It’s certainly important to get a grip on your passwords – especially after Heartbleed, possibly the greatest vulnerability in Internet history. But for many of us (myself included), the idea of managing ALL those passwords is overwhelming. Here's a little advice...
Microsoft will end its support for the world’s second most popular operating system today. F-Secure offers seven tips for avoiding trouble if you're going to continue to use Microsoft XP.
- TDS Telecom to improve broadband in Craig County, Va. May 23, 2017
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday May 23, 2017
- THREE Sun Prairie neighborhoods already made goal! May 22, 2017
- Weekly tech news roundup May 19, 2017
- Alert: Caller ID spoofing still a popular scam May 18, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- What’s Up With My WiFi? July 8, 2013
- Cheryl McCollum: Judith, Yes, Cherokee County is on our list of pla...
- Judith Lay: Cherokee County, Alabama could certainly use some ...
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday | TDS Home: […] friend told me about them after seeing t...
- Missy Kellor: Joanne, take a look at the very top of the column ...
- Joanne Reich: How to delete numerous emails . I can do search t...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes crafts Dancing with the Stars Dr. Who dvr fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Gotham home decor Homeland House of Cards Internet Longmire mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest Sleepy Hollow TDS TDS charity TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (136)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (6)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (182)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (89)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (74)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (276)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (1)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (26)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)