Tag Archives | cheap tunes
Transitioning from being the lead singer of a very popular band into trying your own solo career is always a tough venture. Nearly every big time front man tries it, and it’s probably only a 50% or so success rate. Today’s artist did it – and had some solid results, but will probably forever be known for his work with probably one of the top 50 rock bands of all time.
It’s not often an entire state can be united by the work of one person. Sure, Wisconsinites almost universally like… more...
Believe it or not, the social networking site MySpace is what saved today's band from obscurity. After being dropped from their first label, Timbaland discovered them on that once-famous website and signed them. The production value of OneRepublic's debut album is off the charts, the sound is solid, and there's even a super-famous track used in over 75 TV shows, films, and commercials. Today you can get for only $5.
This Grammy Award-winning band may have fallen under your radar, and you might not even know about their "accidental" start, but that doesn't mean you won't like their sound.
Stevie Ray Vaughan deserves to be on the list of guitar greats, right along side of Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen, and Eric Clapton. Texas Flood was his first album...and an awesome one at that, going double platinum.
Recognized as one of the 100 best albums released between 2000-2010, 'Discovery' is an electronic story. The songs blend together, not unlike Pink Floyd's classic Dark Side of the Moon. It's an honest album filled with music the never-seen-in-person Daft Punk duo simply liked and thought was fun. For $5, it's well worth a listen.
Rather than following the typical pattern—meeting in a big city and getting discovered—today's band followed a different script. Coming from a town of only 4,000, 3 Doors Down still managed to hit it big. Their sophomore album, more polished than the first, won't disappoint (and especially for only $5!).
What if I told you there was a band that formed in 1988, but you never heard of them until two decades later? I’m guessing the biggest music fans out there would argue that’s impossible. And maybe for the die-hards out there, you won’t be as surprised by today’s band. But twenty years of not much recognition, followed by ten years of lots of albums sales and various hiatuses, they’re now one of the most recognizable names in pop music.
- Savvy Spending: When To Book Your Summer Vacation For Maximum Savings April 25, 2017
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday April 25, 2017
- NFL Draft coming—get ready with TDS TV Video On Demand April 24, 2017
- Interested in a career in GIS? Come see us at UW Madison! April 24, 2017
- Weekly tech news roundup April 21, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- What’s Up With My WiFi? July 8, 2013
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday | TDS Home: […] They would name their new band Sublime, ...
- NFL Draft coming—get ready with TDS TV Video On Demand | TDS Home: […] Sure, it’s only April, but the NFL Dra...
- Missy Kellor: I'm so with you! (What does he mean, "The Jedi m...
- Terry Mahnke: The Last Jedi teaser has my head spinning! I've b...
- TDS TV customers: Stream music anywhere for FREE | TDS Home: […] talk about TV Everywhere, but did you kn...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes crafts Dancing with the Stars Dr. Who dvr fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Gotham home decor Homeland House of Cards Internet Longmire mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest Sleepy Hollow TDS TDS charity TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (132)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (3)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (182)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (88)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (73)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (266)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (25)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)