Tag Archives | Amazon $5 albums
Arcade Fire's Funeral was named Album of the Year and was released to international critical acclaim. Because of the varied instruments, the sound is unlike anything else being made today—the band plays bass guitar, piano, violin, viola, cello, double bass, xylophone, glockenspiel, keyboard, synthesizer, French horn, accordion, harp, mandolin and even a hurdy-gurdy. This kind of laid back sound is not going to be for everyone, but if you look up the various reviews, there is a reason it receives constant 5 stars and 9 out 10s. Take that spare fiver today and give Arcade Fire a chance.
Believe it or not, the social networking site MySpace is what saved today's band from obscurity. After being dropped from their first label, Timbaland discovered them on that once-famous website and signed them. The production value of OneRepublic's debut album is off the charts, the sound is solid, and there's even a super-famous track used in over 75 TV shows, films, and commercials. Today you can get for only $5.
This Grammy Award-winning band may have fallen under your radar, and you might not even know about their "accidental" start, but that doesn't mean you won't like their sound.
Recognized as one of the 100 best albums released between 2000-2010, 'Discovery' is an electronic story. The songs blend together, not unlike Pink Floyd's classic Dark Side of the Moon. It's an honest album filled with music the never-seen-in-person Daft Punk duo simply liked and thought was fun. For $5, it's well worth a listen.
Rather than following the typical pattern—meeting in a big city and getting discovered—today's band followed a different script. Coming from a town of only 4,000, 3 Doors Down still managed to hit it big. Their sophomore album, more polished than the first, won't disappoint (and especially for only $5!).
There are singers, and there are songwriters. In some cases, an artist can do both really well–they simply have a knack for the business. Today’s featured artist. Bob Dylan, accomplished major things while doing both.This visionary album took a little while to be appreciated, but, thankfully, the first single release was ‘Like A Rolling Stone,’ which would go on to be one of the most popular singles of all time. The album is credited for changing the way we think about popular music and how we view folk musicians in the mainstream.
Many friends of mine tell me they just can’t get over Geddy Lee’s vocals, and it makes Rush a tough listen. This album might be a great introduction for those types, as there is quite a bit of instrumental on this record, and it can give you a great appreciation for what they were doing. I think this album is a near perfect blend of top 40’s radio and pure rock music. If you’re a fan of simply well done rock music, it should be right in your wheelhouse.
- Blockbusters and award-winners coming to TDS TV on Demand March 19, 2018
- A serious case of spring fever on Hallmark March 16, 2018
- Movies to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day March 14, 2018
- Your 2018 NCAA Tournament Viewing Guide March 13, 2018
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday March 13, 2018
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: Pete, I'm being told we have appointments availab...
- Pete Fransee: Are you all booked for the DEMO DAY on March, 23rd...
- Mary: I miss channel 5. It is my favorite Boston channel...
- Missy Kellor: Hi Dan, This sounds like an issue for repair to i...
- Dan Shea: WHY DOES TDS TV SO OFTEN HAVE scattered sound PROB...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars dvr Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (173)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (14)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (45)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (235)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (15)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (111)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (87)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (315)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (15)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (31)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)