Tag Archives | Amazon $5 albums
Meghan and this album cover so many different styles, it’s hard to not find something to enjoy. If you like pop music, this album will most certainly be in your wheelhouse, but if R&B, old school doo-wop or soul are genres you enjoy, you’ll find a couple songs for you too. And, today you can score the whole album for only $5.
Like many folks of a younger generation, your first exposure to Joe Cocker may have been the theme song of the television show "The Wonder Years" but he was around long before then. On this 1969 album he lent his raw and emotional vocal style to many songs and made them his own (even with the blessing of Paul McCartney). For only $5, you can get a bit of musical history and a great listen.
It’s not often an entire state can be united by the work of one person. Sure, Wisconsinites almost universally like… more...
After fifteen seasons, American Idol will end after declining ratings. Thousands of artists got a chance to make it big all from a simple audition in a sports arena all over the U.S. and today’s artist got it all started, way back in season one. Her sophomore album showcases her amazing voice and proved she had what it takes to be more than just the next pop star.
Ed Sheeran began recording music in 2005 but headed to Los Angeles in 2010 to try and make it big. While playing an open mic night, Sheeran was spotted by actor/musician Jamie Foxx who recognized his talent and took Ed under his wing. Sheeran’s first album was released in 2011, and a year later he was collaborating with (and opening for) Taylor Swift, catapulting him to major fame—and for good reason. For $5, give his first album a listen.
When you’re starting out, it’s fairly typical for a band to make a living off essentially nothing. Eating ramen noodles and sleeping six guys to a studio apartment is more of the standard than the exception. All the sacrifice is worth it when you catch your first big break and get noticed to by a record label. Today’s band started much differently—they came from a penthouse, not an outhouse.
You could probably make a list of bands who benefited from the Nirvana grunge revolution, and Soundgarden would certainly be one of them. They started with a small cult following, were then “discovered” by the masses, and produced one of the best albums of the ‘90s—Superunknown. Today that top-selling, and still awesome, album can be yours for $5.
Sometimes you hear a song on the radio in the car and you crank it up...but have no idea who sings it. Today’s band kind of falls into that category. Certainly recognized for a few popular tracks, but has SO many hits that many people don’t always give the band their proper credit. For five bucks, you can score this can't-miss record and finally connect some great songs with the band that made them.
It’s easy to call this one of the greatest records of all time – because it is. Licensed to Ill is fun, feels good to listen to, and was brilliantly produced. The Beastie Boys truly did it first, and that’s what makes this so iconic. Today you can gift yourself a dose of that fun for only $5.
Arcade Fire's Funeral was named Album of the Year and was released to international critical acclaim. Because of the varied instruments, the sound is unlike anything else being made today—the band plays bass guitar, piano, violin, viola, cello, double bass, xylophone, glockenspiel, keyboard, synthesizer, French horn, accordion, harp, mandolin and even a hurdy-gurdy. This kind of laid back sound is not going to be for everyone, but if you look up the various reviews, there is a reason it receives constant 5 stars and 9 out 10s. Take that spare fiver today and give Arcade Fire a chance.
- Clever tax scam for 2018 is a new twist on an old favorite February 22, 2018
- Report: Your smart TV could get hacked, if not protected February 21, 2018
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday February 20, 2018
- Lady Bird, Coco, Darkest Hour and Three Billboards coming to TDS TV on Demand February 19, 2018
- Welcome to the Year of the Dog! February 16, 2018
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Austin: Ha! That's a good one. It will be fun to see how ...
- Cheryl McCollum: The upgrades are expected to be done in early 2019...
- Cheryl McCollum: Yes, your address is in the upgrade area. Phase on...
- Mike: Can we get an update on the Craig County, VA broad...
- Austin constant: How about 1013 co. Rd. 461 Englewood, tn...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars dvr Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (170)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (45)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (233)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (108)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (87)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (312)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (14)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (31)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)