Tag Archives | Amazon $5 albums
When you think of musicians from New Jersey, one artist clearly pops into mind over all the rest. Yep, you know him, The Boss–Bruce Springsteen. If you’re a big fan of his, my apologies, but he is not the artist I’m listening to today. Instead, I’m focusing on another Garden State standout—a group that’s sold nearly 10 million albums in the U.S. alone.
Perhaps one of those more fascinating things about this record is who Urban wrote songs with. You may or may not remember a guy like Richard Marx from his pop music popularity of the late ‘80s/early ‘90s, but a guy like Elton John is sure to ring some bells for most music fans. He also did a couple covers on the record, which is very rare in today’s music world. The formula certainly worked, as this is Urban’s best-selling album at over 10 million sold worldwide. Today it can be yours for $5.
What if you start a band, sell a bunch of albums and become part of the mainstream, but critics don’t seem to think your music is worth listening to? How is it possible to be nominated for four Grammy Awards but all of your records have been a "C" type of rating? Today’s band has managed to do just that and today you can score their most popular album for $5.
If you’re not familiar with ska music in general, this is a great introduction. It’s faster tempo, upbeat styling with lots of brass, bass and drums. How can you resist that? For $5 dollars today, give a new genre a try and enjoy the ride.
No two Eels albums sound alike—and when you see them live, no two performances are equal either. While this album is more along the pop lines, it’s certainly not Britney or boy-band fodder. It created quite a stir at the 2000 DNC, and if you've never tried the Eels before, this is a good one to start with (and today you can score it for only $5!).
Sometimes the best music is when you try out something new and this album is awesome. I think anyone who enjoys folks, bluegrass or acoustic rock type genres will find this appealing. On a day in which Amazon will make millions on quasi-sales, stick it to ‘em by only paying $5 bucks for this album—it’s worth at least double that.
Some groups toil away for decades and never quite find that right balance of good music popular enough to move the needle. Today’s band struck early and often, lasting a short amount of time, but getting all the accolades the three-decade band could ask for. Their self-titled album won a 2004 Grammy Award for best hard rock performance and has sold nearly 10 million albums worldwide. Today, you can score this great listen for only $5.
When you think of great trios in music history, today’s band wouldn’t even enter into the discussion. Why? Because of their name—you may be lead to believe they had five members creating their piano-heavy sound. Lest you continue to be misled by such naming shenanigans, we'll give you all the info so you can be in the cool kids group.
The featured album today is The Red Album released in June of 2008. It was the sixth studio album for the band and has sold a million copies worldwide. One critic talked about how all the parts of this album don’t fit together, and it’s so much better because of it. It gives it this new personality and gives you a side of Weezer never before seen. To get that kind of enjoyment for $5 bucks, we should all be so lucky – wait, we are!
There are certain bands it seems everyone knows. You can say the name and instantly everyone starts to think of their favorite song and begins singing the lyrics. Today’s band is right up there in that regard, with a nearly three decade career still going strong.
- Clever tax scam for 2018 is a new twist on an old favorite February 22, 2018
- Report: Your smart TV could get hacked, if not protected February 21, 2018
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday February 20, 2018
- Lady Bird, Coco, Darkest Hour and Three Billboards coming to TDS TV on Demand February 19, 2018
- Welcome to the Year of the Dog! February 16, 2018
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Austin: Ha! That's a good one. It will be fun to see how ...
- Cheryl McCollum: The upgrades are expected to be done in early 2019...
- Cheryl McCollum: Yes, your address is in the upgrade area. Phase on...
- Mike: Can we get an update on the Craig County, VA broad...
- Austin constant: How about 1013 co. Rd. 461 Englewood, tn...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars dvr Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (170)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (45)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (233)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (108)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (87)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (312)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (14)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (31)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)