Tag Archives | $5 Amazon albums
Sonic Youth did a remake of the Carpenter hit “Superstar,” which may have been your only real introduction to the band. If you take a listen to the original though, there’s no denying the songwriting talents of Richard and the vocal ability of Karen. The Carpenters were one of the most recognized acts of the ‘70s, but appears to be lost among the current generation—but today you can give them a try for only $5.
It’s not often an entire state can be united by the work of one person. Sure, Wisconsinites almost universally like… more...
This is just the type of album to put on during a long Tuesday and plow through the work day. It’ll get your toes tapping and head bobbing. Give early DMB a shot today for $5 bucks, but don’t blame me if you end up dropping $150 on their Alpine show in June when you get hooked.
Fastball has been making music for 21 years, despite having only one album hit it big. That album is a good listen though—poppy, folky, with a hint of alt rock. There's a reason it went platinum and has three certified single hits. You can score it today for only $5.
Nirvana filmed this landmark performance in a single take, which had never happened before on MTV’s Unplugged. Their set ended with a cover of an old blues song, “Where Did You Sleep Last Night,” which is now regarded by many as one of the greatest single live performances in music history. It’s included on the album, which you can score for only five bucks.
Supergroups tend to be an amazing idea on paper, but once the music hits the airwaves, they don’t live up to the hype. Today’s band was certainly legit, but they don’t perhaps get the recognition they deserve. With over 20 million albums sold worldwide, it’s a bit surprising they aren’t more of a household name.
Many of you reading this today are probably located in TDS’ home state of Wisconsin. The list of bands from this state to make it big is short and you could probably count them on one hand. Although it’s rare, today’s band is one of them – and while it may have happened in an unusual fashion, it happened, and the music world is better off for it.
What would you say about a band that in their first six years of existence sold more than 12.5 million digital singles and over 10 million albums in the United States alone? You’d probably tell me those are stats for Taylor Swift or some other major pop music artist. Well in today’s case, not only would you be wrong – but it’s an artist that unless you’re into country music, you may not have even heard of.
Stevie Ray Vaughan deserves to be on the list of guitar greats, right along side of Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen, and Eric Clapton. Texas Flood was his first album...and an awesome one at that, going double platinum.
The Stokes and Is This It burst onto the scene in a big way. After being released in October of 2001, the album quickly gained notoriety from every major critic in the books. The acclaim was crazy—5 out of 5 stars, 9.5 out of 10, top ten debut album of all time, top 20 album of the 2000s and one of the top 1000 albums to hear before you die. Today, you can own it too...and for only $5.
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday January 23, 2018
- Finger-food recipes for game day January 22, 2018
- Critically-acclaimed new films coming to TDS TV on Demand January 22, 2018
- Paying your bill online just got easier January 19, 2018
- Spike rebranding as Paramount Network January 17, 2018
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: You're so right! (doh!) I'll make the addition a...
- Sonia: WCVB is superior to WMUR. I vote to bring WCVB bac...
- Neil Traubenberg: You don't say where this technology suite is loca...
- Liz: I agree with the others' comments - this is a ter...
- Craig: NH Loss of WCVB Channel 5... To all NH TDS cust...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars dvr Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (166)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (44)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (230)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (106)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (87)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (308)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (14)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (30)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)