Tag Archives | $5 Amazon albums
What happens when you get kicked out of one of the most prominent bands of all time? Do you pack it in and call it a career, or do you move on and try to recapture the lightning in a bottle with a new band? Today’s featured artist may not have the same household name recognition of that prominent band, but their impact on music history and the hard rock genre is certainly second to none.
There is the rare occurrence that an album that is in heavy rotation on my personal music player is featured for $5 bucks on Amazon—and today is one of those days. I have featured this artist before, but this album is unquestionably my favorite of their ten studio albums released to date. One of the best debut albums in music history is certainly with your hard-earned fiver.
Most people reading this probably haven’t listened to swing music in decades. For that sake alone, give this one a go today. For $5 bucks, even if you listen to it once and let it sit another 10 years, it’s totally worth it.
"Wide Open Spaces" was one of the first country albums to crossover into the pop charts. In 1998, the Dixie Chicks sold more albums than all other county music groups combined because of it's unique sound. You still got your grandma’s toe-tapping female country artist but with a modern twist and feel—something that really hadn’t been done before the Chicks. Today, you can score this Grammy-winning album for only $5.
Sonic Youth did a remake of the Carpenter hit “Superstar,” which may have been your only real introduction to the band. If you take a listen to the original though, there’s no denying the songwriting talents of Richard and the vocal ability of Karen. The Carpenters were one of the most recognized acts of the ‘70s, but appears to be lost among the current generation—but today you can give them a try for only $5.
It’s not often an entire state can be united by the work of one person. Sure, Wisconsinites almost universally like… more...
This is just the type of album to put on during a long Tuesday and plow through the work day. It’ll get your toes tapping and head bobbing. Give early DMB a shot today for $5 bucks, but don’t blame me if you end up dropping $150 on their Alpine show in June when you get hooked.
Fastball has been making music for 21 years, despite having only one album hit it big. That album is a good listen though—poppy, folky, with a hint of alt rock. There's a reason it went platinum and has three certified single hits. You can score it today for only $5.
Nirvana filmed this landmark performance in a single take, which had never happened before on MTV’s Unplugged. Their set ended with a cover of an old blues song, “Where Did You Sleep Last Night,” which is now regarded by many as one of the greatest single live performances in music history. It’s included on the album, which you can score for only five bucks.
Supergroups tend to be an amazing idea on paper, but once the music hits the airwaves, they don’t live up to the hype. Today’s band was certainly legit, but they don’t perhaps get the recognition they deserve. With over 20 million albums sold worldwide, it’s a bit surprising they aren’t more of a household name.
- How to make every day Earth Day April 20, 2018
- Experience TDS Fiber at the new Tim O’Brien model home April 19, 2018
- Look before you log in April 18, 2018
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday April 17, 2018
- The Post, Maze Runner and Paddington coming to TDS TV on Demand April 16, 2018
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Look before you log in | TDS Home: […] really just a twist on a phishing scam a...
- Look before you log in | TDS Home: […] you think you fell for a scam, we recomm...
- Raymond: Agree. Seriously, I do wish you would provide an a...
- FTC warns: new variation on tech support scams | TDS Home: […] case, scammers pretend to be a legitimat...
- Cheryl McCollum: Rich, Would you provide me your e-mail address and...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars dvr Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter volunteer Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (177)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (14)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (46)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (265)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (15)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (115)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (87)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (319)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (15)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (32)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)