Tag Archives | $5 Amazon albums
Often referred to as the “yellow” or “orange” album because of the cover and liner notes, Days of New's debut was almost an instant success. Backed by lead single "Touch, Peel and Stand" which rose to #1 on the Billboard chart, the entire industry was taking notice. Band like Alice in Chains and Metallica were calling the label to book them as an opener for their world tours. You can get this album today for only $5.
Today I’m listening to Costello’s third studio album, Armed Forces. A reporter from the New York Post took to the album right away, saying it was a “killer in several senses of the word.” The album is known for brief, energetic tracks, with lyrics that seemed to stick with you. Perhaps this record isn’t a full indication of his entire catalog, but it’s a fun blend of synthpop, a bit punk rock, and a bit of new wave sort of wrapped into one. Generally speaking, you could easily mistake this for something that came out last week.
What happens when you get kicked out of one of the most prominent bands of all time? Do you pack it in and call it a career, or do you move on and try to recapture the lightning in a bottle with a new band? Today’s featured artist may not have the same household name recognition of that prominent band, but their impact on music history and the hard rock genre is certainly second to none.
There is the rare occurrence that an album that is in heavy rotation on my personal music player is featured for $5 bucks on Amazon—and today is one of those days. I have featured this artist before, but this album is unquestionably my favorite of their ten studio albums released to date. One of the best debut albums in music history is certainly with your hard-earned fiver.
Most people reading this probably haven’t listened to swing music in decades. For that sake alone, give this one a go today. For $5 bucks, even if you listen to it once and let it sit another 10 years, it’s totally worth it.
"Wide Open Spaces" was one of the first country albums to crossover into the pop charts. In 1998, the Dixie Chicks sold more albums than all other county music groups combined because of it's unique sound. You still got your grandma’s toe-tapping female country artist but with a modern twist and feel—something that really hadn’t been done before the Chicks. Today, you can score this Grammy-winning album for only $5.
Sonic Youth did a remake of the Carpenter hit “Superstar,” which may have been your only real introduction to the band. If you take a listen to the original though, there’s no denying the songwriting talents of Richard and the vocal ability of Karen. The Carpenters were one of the most recognized acts of the ‘70s, but appears to be lost among the current generation—but today you can give them a try for only $5.
It’s not often an entire state can be united by the work of one person. Sure, Wisconsinites almost universally like… more...
This is just the type of album to put on during a long Tuesday and plow through the work day. It’ll get your toes tapping and head bobbing. Give early DMB a shot today for $5 bucks, but don’t blame me if you end up dropping $150 on their Alpine show in June when you get hooked.
Fastball has been making music for 21 years, despite having only one album hit it big. That album is a good listen though—poppy, folky, with a hint of alt rock. There's a reason it went platinum and has three certified single hits. You can score it today for only $5.
- Have Yourself a Sustainable Holiday December 8, 2017
- New webpage is a one stop shop for TDS TV updates December 7, 2017
- TDS broadband improvement project over halfway in Port Byron, New York December 7, 2017
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday December 5, 2017
- Despicable Me 3, Kingsman, American Assassin coming to TDS TV on Demand December 4, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Missy Kellor: Winston, I reached out to someone on our repair te...
- Missy Kellor: Larry, the TDS TV Companion App is designed to wor...
- Larry: sounds good but will NOT work on my TDS Arris box ...
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday | TDS Home: […] sound than this—but that’s what make...
- Winston Floyd: TDS spam filter has stopped working. About a week ...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars dvr Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (160)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (42)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (226)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (103)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (86)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (301)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (7)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (28)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)