Tag Archives | $5 Amazon albums
If winning Grammys is a sign you’ve got musical chops, Don Henley’s got them. His sophomore solo effort, Building The Perfect Beast was an instant success, spawning three major singles and being critically regarded as the smoother, more adult-oriented sound of Henley’s career. He won one of his eight Grammys for the single “The Boys of Summer” on this album that you can score today for only $5.
Very few artists have displayed substantial longevity in the music business. Either due to band breakups, changes in sound, or the untimely demise of a band member, it’s rare for an act to see chart topping hits span multiple decades. Not the case for today’s artist. Having top-40 hits in the ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s; he’s still going strong touring, writing and for some reason, manufacturing custom-made motorcycles.
You probably remember Macy Gray from her hit song, "I Try" but today's featured album is her sixth studio effort. "Covered," which you can probably guess, is an album of all covers. Covers are a much underutilized tool in the business today and Gray is able to take songs like “Nothing Else Matters” by Metallica and turn it into a super funky, soulful track. Or a staple like “Creep” by Radiohead and make it sound nearly original. For $5, you can rediscover her unique vocal style and score a great album to boot.
Often referred to as the “yellow” or “orange” album because of the cover and liner notes, Days of New's debut was almost an instant success. Backed by lead single "Touch, Peel and Stand" which rose to #1 on the Billboard chart, the entire industry was taking notice. Band like Alice in Chains and Metallica were calling the label to book them as an opener for their world tours. You can get this album today for only $5.
Today I’m listening to Costello’s third studio album, Armed Forces. A reporter from the New York Post took to the album right away, saying it was a “killer in several senses of the word.” The album is known for brief, energetic tracks, with lyrics that seemed to stick with you. Perhaps this record isn’t a full indication of his entire catalog, but it’s a fun blend of synthpop, a bit punk rock, and a bit of new wave sort of wrapped into one. Generally speaking, you could easily mistake this for something that came out last week.
What happens when you get kicked out of one of the most prominent bands of all time? Do you pack it in and call it a career, or do you move on and try to recapture the lightning in a bottle with a new band? Today’s featured artist may not have the same household name recognition of that prominent band, but their impact on music history and the hard rock genre is certainly second to none.
There is the rare occurrence that an album that is in heavy rotation on my personal music player is featured for $5 bucks on Amazon—and today is one of those days. I have featured this artist before, but this album is unquestionably my favorite of their ten studio albums released to date. One of the best debut albums in music history is certainly with your hard-earned fiver.
Most people reading this probably haven’t listened to swing music in decades. For that sake alone, give this one a go today. For $5 bucks, even if you listen to it once and let it sit another 10 years, it’s totally worth it.
"Wide Open Spaces" was one of the first country albums to crossover into the pop charts. In 1998, the Dixie Chicks sold more albums than all other county music groups combined because of it's unique sound. You still got your grandma’s toe-tapping female country artist but with a modern twist and feel—something that really hadn’t been done before the Chicks. Today, you can score this Grammy-winning album for only $5.
- Clever tax scam for 2018 is a new twist on an old favorite February 22, 2018
- Report: Your smart TV could get hacked, if not protected February 21, 2018
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday February 20, 2018
- Lady Bird, Coco, Darkest Hour and Three Billboards coming to TDS TV on Demand February 19, 2018
- Welcome to the Year of the Dog! February 16, 2018
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Austin: Ha! That's a good one. It will be fun to see how ...
- Cheryl McCollum: The upgrades are expected to be done in early 2019...
- Cheryl McCollum: Yes, your address is in the upgrade area. Phase on...
- Mike: Can we get an update on the Craig County, VA broad...
- Austin constant: How about 1013 co. Rd. 461 Englewood, tn...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars dvr Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (170)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (45)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (233)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (108)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (87)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (312)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (14)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (31)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)