Tag Archives | $5 Amazon albums
The second single on Lemon Parade, “If You Could Only See” was honored as the most played song on rock radio in 1997. In less than one year, the album would be certified platinum in the U.S. and to date has sold over three million copies to date worldwide. Today, and for only $5, the entire album can be yours.
Happy New Year, music fans! Generally, I like to swap calendars and reward myself with some new tunes. You know, give a band I’ve been meaning to get to for years a shot and see if they make the rotation. In 2018 however, I was inspired by a friend to go back to some absolute classic albums and determine where they fit in the all-time record books.
If you’ve never heard a Mumford album before, unquestionably this is the one to start with. Sigh No More won the Brit Award for Best British Album and since 2007; M&S has been nominated for six Grammy Awards. Today, for $7, this award winner can be yours to enjoy for the holiday season and beyond.
It may have come out in 1991, but hits from Self-Titled are still played constantly on the radio, in arenas, and in popular media. For $5 dollars, I’m not sure how you can pass it up. Even if you own it, buy it again! This album is outstanding, and nothing else matters.
This is one of those bands, where you don’t think you know much by them, but you hear all the hits, and realize how solid they’ve been for two decades. This album has "The Distance" plus their cover of Gloria Gaynor’s “I Will Survive," both of which truly put Cake on the map. (And, by the way, the band's name does not refer to the sweet dessert.)
This record is a solid mix of sort of alt-pop and jazz, with the unmistakable vocal over the top. The general praise for this album is well-deserved—it's earned a Grammy, sold more than five million copies, and is even in the book "1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die." For only $5, you can give it a listen today.
Whether it’s Cornell, Dylan, Cash, or Houston, when one of their songs comes on—wherever you are—you know it’s them and want to sing along. Today’s artist may not be the absolute household name like those above, but over 50 million albums sold worldwide, he’s definitely no slouch.
Stone Temple Pilots was such a solid act in that time and you can hear the talent Scott Weiland had not only in his vocal ability, but his songwriting. Perhaps it’s best showcased here on Purple, where the tracks are possibly a bit more subtle, instead of the huge rock effort put forth in their previous album. Give yourself a boost today with this one—for only $5 bucks; you’ll save a pretty penny.
Is it possible to be one of the more influential acts of the ‘90s while only releasing three records? Moreover, what if one of those albums came out posthumously after the lead singer’s tragic passing? The 17 million albums sold worldwide would say it is—and their cult following, in spite of breaking up nearly 20 years ago, seems to have cemented their legacy.
Contrast in style makes the music world go ‘round. For every Barry Manilow there is an offsetting Metallica out there. And while my last featured artist, Mariah Carey, is about as quintessential pop as it gets, this week’s highlighted band, well…isn’t. System of a Down has a heavy metal sound with the matching hard vocal—but if you can roll with that type of rock; this Grammy-nominated band is unlike any you’ve heard before.
- Clever tax scam for 2018 is a new twist on an old favorite February 22, 2018
- Report: Your smart TV could get hacked, if not protected February 21, 2018
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday February 20, 2018
- Lady Bird, Coco, Darkest Hour and Three Billboards coming to TDS TV on Demand February 19, 2018
- Welcome to the Year of the Dog! February 16, 2018
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Austin: Ha! That's a good one. It will be fun to see how ...
- Cheryl McCollum: The upgrades are expected to be done in early 2019...
- Cheryl McCollum: Yes, your address is in the upgrade area. Phase on...
- Mike: Can we get an update on the Craig County, VA broad...
- Austin constant: How about 1013 co. Rd. 461 Englewood, tn...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars dvr Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (170)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (45)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (233)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (108)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (87)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (312)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (14)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (31)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)