2016 marks the year that ‘athleisure’ was added to the dictionary. This workout-ready trend has moved gym-wear from ratty sweats and oversized tee shirts to a fashion-forward category of clothing designed to mix comfort, performance and style. More often than not, dressing for the gym doesn’t even need to mean hitting the treadmill … these stylish separates are meant to be worn all day, and, when paired properly, can be worn for a shopping trip, casual Friday at the office, and more. There is, of course, the added benefit that stylish workout wear might motivate you to actually hit the gym as well.
We’ve scoured Pinterest for some of our favorite pieces to share with you:
- Just Chill Water Bottle, $20. This water bottle keeps beverages cool for hours, making it the perfect way to hydrate on the go.
- Lookout Techie Sweat Pullover, $59. The interior of this cozy sweatshirt is the softest we’ve ever felt, and its fitted shape makes it great with leggings and jeans alike.
- Solid Baseball Cap, $10. This simple cap makes a bad hair day a thing of the past.
- Nike “Air Presto” Sneakers, $120. Colorful, lightweight and stylish, these sneakers make it easy to hit the gym or the mall in comfort.
- Droplets Leggings, $64. Stretchy and colorful, these leggings are sure to get you motivated to hit the yoga studio or gym.
- Strappy Sports Bra, $22. Support can be stylish with this Carrie Underwood-designed sports bra meant to be shown off.
- Allergic to Mornings Shirt, $18. We feel this way too. With the right pants and shoes, this shirt can be worn to bed and on the town – it’s perfect for brunch.
- Mixed-Stitch Dolman Sweater, $59. This easy piece is great to layer over fitted workout clothes, or wear by itself for a casual, oversized look.