Archive | Tech TipsRSS feed for this section
Caller ID is a brilliant piece of technology that lets you see who is calling before you pick up. (Seriously, who hasn’t used it to avoid a call from a telemarketer?) But, here’s what you might not know: the information displayed on Caller ID can be faked. Scammers spoof the information that appears on your phone’s display to trick you into thinking someone important is calling.
Who doesn't love a bargain? But in the case of movie sharing sites, "free" could be anything but. Even one visit could infect your computer with malware that costs you in big way. And if you don't think it could happen to you, think again—the odds are not in your favor.
We may scoff at those who actually use the word “password” as their password (or "123456"), but we probably shouldn’t be too smug. After all, are your passwords really any good? They may not be nearly as awesome as you think.
Admittedly, on the surface, Data Privacy Day doesn’t seem super exciting. There’s no themed merchandise, no cards to purchase, and no special foods to make—but there is a gift to be given. By celebrating this unlikely holiday, you can give yourself the gift of control. Specifically, control over your personal information and when, and with whom, you share that data.
It is now estimated that one out of every ten online social media profiles are fake—and with the increase in social media use and online dating, there’s more opportunity than ever to find victims. Find out what to look for so you don't get taken by a scam, and learn what to do if your online profiles are stolen.
No matter how hard you try, it seems like scammers get your email address. There’s lots of ways they manage… more...
In today’s day and age, it would be incredibly unique if we didn’t look at a screen of some sort during the day. Computers, smartphones, TVs, and tablets all but consume our lives—and recent research proves it. This high amount of screen time affects our bodies and our eyes. Find out to minimize the stress to your peepers.
We get it. Wi-Fi is supposed to be easy but sometimes it can feel pretty complicated. Making it work involves a lot of tech speak— SSIDs, WLANs, routers, different passwords—it can feel you’re being asked to understand foreign language. There’s no reason to get frustrated though—we’re going to go over some common questions and give you answers to get you up and running in no time.
Wireless internet lets you watch or browse from anywhere…as long as your Wi-Fi network works well. Because Wi-Fi depends on radio waves from your wireless modem, anything that or blocks or interferes with those waves could mean trouble for your connection. We’ve gathered some common causes for wireless network struggles and what you can do to resolve them.
While most of us are happy to be rid of winter’s chill, spring and summer aren’t all sunshine and roses—severe weather often comes along with the warmer temps. Even if you're well-familiar with storms, it's worth taking a few moments to refresh your memory about best practices to keep you, your family, and your property safe.
- TDS Telecom to improve broadband in Craig County, Va. May 23, 2017
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday May 23, 2017
- THREE Sun Prairie neighborhoods already made goal! May 22, 2017
- Weekly tech news roundup May 19, 2017
- Alert: Caller ID spoofing still a popular scam May 18, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- What’s Up With My WiFi? July 8, 2013
- Cheryl McCollum: Judith, Yes, Cherokee County is on our list of pla...
- Judith Lay: Cherokee County, Alabama could certainly use some ...
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday | TDS Home: […] friend told me about them after seeing t...
- Missy Kellor: Joanne, take a look at the very top of the column ...
- Joanne Reich: How to delete numerous emails . I can do search t...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes crafts Dancing with the Stars Dr. Who dvr fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Gotham home decor Homeland House of Cards Internet Longmire mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest Sleepy Hollow TDS TDS charity TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (136)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (6)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (182)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (89)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (74)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (276)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (1)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (26)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)