Archive | Tech TipsRSS feed for this section
The recent hacking of the credit reporting bureau Equifax, reminds all of us that now is the time to take a good look at how we’re protecting our personal information. Learn some tips for protecting your identity every day of the week, regardless of whether you're impacted by this breach.
There are many government funded programs that help disaster zones, yet personal donations are nearly always necessary to meet all the needs. However, before you click that 'Donate Now' button, stop and consider a few things so you can avoid phonies who prey on goodwill.
VHS tapes will so become unreadable and research has shown that the tapes lifespan is only 15 to 20 years. Converting old videos to DVD’s or digital copies that can be stored on your computer is the solution to the problem. Check out ways to make sure your videos don’t become unreadable in the next few years.
Caller ID is a brilliant piece of technology that lets you see who is calling before you pick up. (Seriously, who hasn’t used it to avoid a call from a telemarketer?) But, here’s what you might not know: the information displayed on Caller ID can be faked. Scammers spoof the information that appears on your phone’s display to trick you into thinking someone important is calling.
Who doesn't love a bargain? But in the case of movie sharing sites, "free" could be anything but. Even one visit could infect your computer with malware that costs you in big way. And if you don't think it could happen to you, think again—the odds are not in your favor.
We may scoff at those who actually use the word “password” as their password (or "123456"), but we probably shouldn’t be too smug. After all, are your passwords really any good? They may not be nearly as awesome as you think.
Admittedly, on the surface, Data Privacy Day doesn’t seem super exciting. There’s no themed merchandise, no cards to purchase, and no special foods to make—but there is a gift to be given. By celebrating this unlikely holiday, you can give yourself the gift of control. Specifically, control over your personal information and when, and with whom, you share that data.
It is now estimated that one out of every ten online social media profiles are fake—and with the increase in social media use and online dating, there’s more opportunity than ever to find victims. Find out what to look for so you don't get taken by a scam, and learn what to do if your online profiles are stolen.
- Sun Prairie’s Newest Reading Buddy October 18, 2017
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday October 17, 2017
- Seen on Pinterest: Ditch delivery and make pizza at home October 16, 2017
- TDS Telecom to expand broadband to 3,400 locations in northern Georgia October 13, 2017
- It’s National Cyber Security Awareness Month! October 11, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Bryan: Awesome Album. Most of these songs made my top 25 ...
- Angel: Right during 31 days of Halloween who does that!...
- Angel: Where is the chiller station? I prefer chiller ove...
- Missy Kellor: Fay, the security updates were required by The Int...
- Missy Kellor: J, some websites have updated their underlying sec...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars dvr Facebook fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (155)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (35)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (217)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (99)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (83)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (296)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (5)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (27)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)