Archive | Tech TipsRSS feed for this section
We may scoff at those who actually use the word “password” as their password (or "123456"), but we probably shouldn’t be too smug. After all, are your passwords really any good? They may not be nearly as awesome as you think.
Admittedly, on the surface, Data Privacy Day doesn’t seem super exciting. There’s no themed merchandise, no cards to purchase, and no special foods to make—but there is a gift to be given. By celebrating this unlikely holiday, you can give yourself the gift of control. Specifically, control over your personal information and when, and with whom, you share that data.
It is now estimated that one out of every ten online social media profiles are fake—and with the increase in social media use and online dating, there’s more opportunity than ever to find victims. Find out what to look for so you don't get taken by a scam, and learn what to do if your online profiles are stolen.
No matter how hard you try, it seems like scammers get your email address. There’s lots of ways they manage… more...
In today’s day and age, it would be incredibly unique if we didn’t look at a screen of some sort during the day. Computers, smartphones, TVs, and tablets all but consume our lives—and recent research proves it. This high amount of screen time affects our bodies and our eyes. Find out to minimize the stress to your peepers.
We get it. Wi-Fi is supposed to be easy but sometimes it can feel pretty complicated. Making it work involves a lot of tech speak— SSIDs, WLANs, routers, different passwords—it can feel you’re being asked to understand foreign language. There’s no reason to get frustrated though—we’re going to go over some common questions and give you answers to get you up and running in no time.
Wireless internet lets you watch or browse from anywhere…as long as your Wi-Fi network works well. Because Wi-Fi depends on radio waves from your wireless modem, anything that or blocks or interferes with those waves could mean trouble for your connection. We’ve gathered some common causes for wireless network struggles and what you can do to resolve them.
While most of us are happy to be rid of winter’s chill, spring and summer aren’t all sunshine and roses—severe weather often comes along with the warmer temps. Even if you're well-familiar with storms, it's worth taking a few moments to refresh your memory about best practices to keep you, your family, and your property safe.
Yesterday we told how to de-grime your computer and get the outside clean, but chances are it could use some virtual cleaning as well. We have gathered some best practices from across the web to help you get (or regain) control and stay in control over your files and your information (and probably even save you some hard drive space, to boot!)
If your screen is smudgy (no, that’s not a bad pixel—it’s piece of dirt), your mouse is misbehaving, and your keyboard has enough crumbs in it to make a decent snack, odds are that your computer could use some love. We’ve gathered all the information you need to get your computer in shipshape, going from the outside in.
- TV customers: sun outages coming February 23, 2017
- Movie and Oscar winner predictions for 2016 February 22, 2017
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday February 21, 2017
- It’s Go Time: TV Everywhere February 20, 2017
- Oscar-nominated films coming to TDS TV on Demand February 20, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- What’s Up With My WiFi? July 8, 2013
- Debi: Wow, why bother? I tried to get on a couple of cha...
- Rusty King: An app would be easier......
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday | TDS Home: […] last week’s post was capitalizing on t...
- Austin: I will have to check that out, thanks for reading ...
- Chris: The story behind the Edge of Glory is truly heartw...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes crafts Dancing with the Stars Dr. Who dvr Empire fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Gotham Homeland House of Cards Internet Longmire mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest Sleepy Hollow TDS TDS charity TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead Westworld
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (123)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (17)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (12)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (2)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (179)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (84)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (68)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (254)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (23)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)