Archive | Tech TipsRSS feed for this section
It is now estimated that one out of every ten online social media profiles are fake—and with the increase in social media use and online dating, there’s more opportunity than ever to find victims. Find out what to look for so you don't get taken by a scam, and learn what to do if your online profiles are stolen.
No matter how hard you try, it seems like scammers get your email address. There’s lots of ways they manage… more...
In today’s day and age, it would be incredibly unique if we didn’t look at a screen of some sort during the day. Computers, smartphones, TVs, and tablets all but consume our lives—and recent research proves it. This high amount of screen time affects our bodies and our eyes. Find out to minimize the stress to your peepers.
We get it. Wi-Fi is supposed to be easy but sometimes it can feel pretty complicated. Making it work involves a lot of tech speak— SSIDs, WLANs, routers, different passwords—it can feel you’re being asked to understand foreign language. There’s no reason to get frustrated though—we’re going to go over some common questions and give you answers to get you up and running in no time.
Wireless internet lets you watch or browse from anywhere…as long as your Wi-Fi network works well. Because Wi-Fi depends on radio waves from your wireless modem, anything that or blocks or interferes with those waves could mean trouble for your connection. We’ve gathered some common causes for wireless network struggles and what you can do to resolve them.
While most of us are happy to be rid of winter’s chill, spring and summer aren’t all sunshine and roses—severe weather often comes along with the warmer temps. Even if you're well-familiar with storms, it's worth taking a few moments to refresh your memory about best practices to keep you, your family, and your property safe.
Yesterday we told how to de-grime your computer and get the outside clean, but chances are it could use some virtual cleaning as well. We have gathered some best practices from across the web to help you get (or regain) control and stay in control over your files and your information (and probably even save you some hard drive space, to boot!)
If your screen is smudgy (no, that’s not a bad pixel—it’s piece of dirt), your mouse is misbehaving, and your keyboard has enough crumbs in it to make a decent snack, odds are that your computer could use some love. We’ve gathered all the information you need to get your computer in shipshape, going from the outside in.
Tax fraud is a hot topic in the news and for good reason—tax scams and tax identity theft continue to rise. We've gathered advice from top experts so you can arm yourself with knowledge and stay safe this tax season.
Even the most open and sharing person probably has a few details about themselves they’d like to keep private. That’s why Data Privacy Day is so important—it may not seem like a thrilling holiday, but staying in control over your personal information falls onto a short list of priceless gifts. And, it’s a gift you can give yourself with just a few simple steps.
- New year, new security threats January 18, 2017
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday January 17, 2017
- New films coming to TDS TV on Demand January 16, 2017
- Martin Luther King Jr. and His Message Today January 16, 2017
- Books: the best from the “Best Of 2016” lists January 12, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- What’s Up With My WiFi? July 8, 2013
- Mike Ficher: I'll admit, for public consumption, that I saw St...
- 5 Easy Ways to Cut Costs in 2017 | TDS Home: […] and to re-evaluate. That might mean a ne...
- Missy Kellor: Jeffrey, our contract with The Sportsman Channel e...
- Jeffrey yager: Why can't I get the sportsman channel any more...
- WJXT update for St. Marys TDS TV customers | TDS Home: […] 20, 2016: St. Marys TDS TV customers, as...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes crafts Dancing with the Stars Dr. Who dvr Empire f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Gotham Homeland House of Cards Internet Longmire mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest Sleepy Hollow TDS TDS charity TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Vikings Walking Dead Westworld
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (118)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (17)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (12)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (1)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (174)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (13)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (82)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (67)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (249)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (22)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)