Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
DocuSign has acknowledged a breach of their customer and user email addresses. As a result, the email addresses are now the target of a malicious email campaign. TDS is encouraging customers to be cautious. If you receive an email from DocuSign, with an attachment or link, be careful. For more information, contact DocuSign.
We’ve told you about phishing scams before, and even scams that take advantage of your misspellings or fat-finger moments—but this one? It may just take the cake in terms of sneakiness. If you have a Gmail/Google sign in, listen up (and don’t open any attachments until you read this). But even if you don’t have a Google login, this kind of technique could be used for other services so keep reading.
A new security vulnerability has hit the web you should know about. This code error may have caused passwords, messages, cookies and more to leak onto the internet. While there’s reason not to panic, there are steps you should take to protect yourself.
We may scoff at those who actually use the word “password” as their password (or "123456"), but we probably shouldn’t be too smug. After all, are your passwords really any good? They may not be nearly as awesome as you think.
Reports of a new phone scheme have been hitting media outlets (including USA Today and CBS News) for the last few days. It’s being coined the “Can you hear me?” scam and it may take only one word to fall for it. We have what you need to know.
Admittedly, on the surface, Data Privacy Day doesn’t seem super exciting. There’s no themed merchandise, no cards to purchase, and no special foods to make—but there is a gift to be given. By celebrating this unlikely holiday, you can give yourself the gift of control. Specifically, control over your personal information and when, and with whom, you share that data.
It's called "phishing" because cyber criminals try to lure you into their trap, often using a legitimate-looking emails, hoping you take the bait. Their goal? To trick you into revealing account numbers and payment information. The REAL trick is being alert and knowing what to look for so you don't fall for this kind of scam. Since most phishing emails have some common elements, they're easy to spot once you know what to watch for.
It’s a brand-spanking new year and it’s coming with fresh round of online security challenges. There are three new issues you should know about (and take action on), to keep your personal information safe.
November and December are crazy busy for most of us. We’re shopping, traveling, and also attending (and hosting) holiday celebrations. This is all good news for scammers. Our distraction makes it the perfect time to take advantage of even the most vigilant of us. Find out what you can do stay safe this holiday season.
Unfortunately, in today’s world, data breaches happen. Companies and websites get hacked, or scammers trick people—maybe even you—into revealing important information. If you think your data has been stolen, your first step shouldn’t be to panic. Instead, take a deep breath and follow these steps so you can regain control over your information and minimize any potential damage.
- TDS Telecom to improve broadband in Craig County, Va. May 23, 2017
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday May 23, 2017
- THREE Sun Prairie neighborhoods already made goal! May 22, 2017
- Weekly tech news roundup May 19, 2017
- Alert: Caller ID spoofing still a popular scam May 18, 2017
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- What’s Up With My WiFi? July 8, 2013
- Cheryl McCollum: Judith, Yes, Cherokee County is on our list of pla...
- Judith Lay: Cherokee County, Alabama could certainly use some ...
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday | TDS Home: […] friend told me about them after seeing t...
- Missy Kellor: Joanne, take a look at the very top of the column ...
- Joanne Reich: How to delete numerous emails . I can do search t...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes crafts Dancing with the Stars Dr. Who dvr fcc f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Gotham home decor Homeland House of Cards Internet Longmire mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending seen on pinterest Sleepy Hollow TDS TDS charity TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (136)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (6)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (182)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (89)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (74)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (276)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (1)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (26)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)