Archive | SecurityRSS feed for this section
The Internal Revenue service warns that taxpayers could get conned into handing over tax refunds deposited in their accounts—that’s nothing new. The twist is that fraudsters file a real tax return with stolen data so filers get a real, but erroneous, refund. The criminals then pretend to be someone in authority to get taxpayers to “return” the refund money. Find out how it works and what you can do.
Consumer Reports has found that many smart TVs are vulnerable to hacking if proper security measures are not put in place (i.e., a secure home Wi-Fi network). And, beyond the models they found to be at risk, smart TVs in general pose privacy risks you might not know about. Find out what you can do.
Everyone is looking for love, and in this digital age, many turn to online forums to find it. While many do find great relationships or fun dates through dating websites, others have felt the sting of costly scams. Monetary loss coupled with a broken heart? Far from a match made in heaven.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the IRS are warning consumers about the return of tax scam season. We’ve talked about this before in 2015 and 2016—and that advice is still valid. However, there are two new scams making the rounds this year you need to watch out for.
Meltdown and Spectre are names given to two different security bugs found in June of 2017 by Google. These bugs are far-reaching and impact a wide-range of computers, mobile devices and servers across many operating systems, such as iOS, MacOS, Android, Blackberry, Linux, and Microsoft. We've pulled together what you need to know.
Connected devices can bring a lot of convenience, but they also come with a price: privacy risks. In fact, they pose a variety of unique security challenges you might not know about. Learn what to look for before you buy and steps to take to protect your privacy once they're in your home.
Connected cars have a crazy amount of users’ data, like what’s transferred over Bluetooth from your phone, location, and more, and hackers are taking notice. Take these steps to protect your connected car's data.
With holiday shopping season in high gear, shopping and delivery scams are also on the rise. Scammers are sending phishing emails that appear to have tracking information, but are designed to trick you. They want to steal your personal data, take your deliveries, or buy some time to do some shopping of their own.
There’s a new and clever phishing scam designed to collect your Netflix credentials and credit card information. Not only does the email look like it came from Netflix, the greeting may also include your name. But, stop right there! Just because it looks legitimate, it may not be. Learn what you need to watch for.
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month. Its an education and awareness campaign launched by the Department of Homeland Security and the National Cyber Security Alliance. To kick off the month, we've gathered six simple steps to online safety.
- Clever tax scam for 2018 is a new twist on an old favorite February 22, 2018
- Report: Your smart TV could get hacked, if not protected February 21, 2018
- Cheap Tunes Tuesday February 20, 2018
- Lady Bird, Coco, Darkest Hour and Three Billboards coming to TDS TV on Demand February 19, 2018
- Welcome to the Year of the Dog! February 16, 2018
- Changes to TDS email: more details November 20, 2014
- New TDS email: how to change spam settings November 26, 2014
- What’s The Hold-Up? – Combating Slow Internet Speeds August 1, 2013
- TDS Fiber: how we’re building in your neighborhood June 11, 2015
- Six ways to manage your email account January 24, 2015
- Austin: Ha! That's a good one. It will be fun to see how ...
- Cheryl McCollum: The upgrades are expected to be done in early 2019...
- Cheryl McCollum: Yes, your address is in the upgrade area. Phase on...
- Mike: Can we get an update on the Craig County, VA broad...
- Austin constant: How about 1013 co. Rd. 461 Englewood, tn...
$5 Amazon albums Amazon Amazon $5 albums American Idol Black Sails Bones cheap music cheap tunes Dancing with the Stars dvr Facebook f secure Game of Thrones good $5 albums good cheap music Google home decor Internet Kickstarter Longmire Madison Mallards mothers day Mr. Robot online shopping Outlander phishing Pinterest recipe recipes Safety Saturday Night Live savvy spending security seen on pinterest TDS TDS charity TDS Fiber TDS TV TDS TV everywhere tech news The Flash travel tv testers twitter Walking Dead
- Austin Krueger (RSS) (170)
- Barclay Pollak (RSS) (19)
- Beau Eastes (RSS) (18)
- Ben Salmon (RSS) (13)
- Cheryl McCollum (RSS) (45)
- Cindy Tomlinson (RSS) (24)
- DeAnne Boegli (RSS) (24)
- Eric Lohrentz (RSS) (2)
- Guest Blogger (RSS) (233)
- Jason Compton (RSS) (4)
- Kris Schulz (RSS) (14)
- Krista Ledbetter (RSS) (8)
- Matthew Breen (RSS) (108)
- McLean Robbins (RSS) (87)
- Missy Kellor (RSS) (312)
- Pete Watson (RSS) (1)
- TDS Official (RSS) (14)
- TDS Security Team (RSS) (31)
- TVTesters (RSS) (31)